Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Runnin' Rebels Stockton Tournaments

by Iluvblue » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:01 am

So you are saying that you would be asking the home plate umpire for help on whether or not a slapper is out of the batters box when making contact with the ball?

If that is what you are saying, don't sweat the boxes, because no way is the HP umpire going to grant you your request, and no way can the field umpire see that anyway.

If a batters box is your biggest concern... life is good. I am very critical of umpires in general, but that is a call that is rarely made, with or without boxes and is pretty damn difficult for them to see IMO anyways... well, unless the HP blue is not trying to focus on balls and strikes. Even coaches looking from the side view are only guessing. You think she is out of box, but I bet if you slowed things down and watched in slow motion youd be wrong more times than right.
Iluvblue

by jtat32 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:05 pm

This whole thread smells a little fishy. Too many new accounts and posting opinions that are simultaneously naive and informed. I'm guessing it's primarily coming from one person to has an axe to grind with the Stockton tourneys or is trying to promote other tourneys.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dozerdog » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

jtat32 wrote:This whole thread smells a little fishy. Too many new accounts and posting opinions that are simultaneously naive and informed. I'm guessing it's primarily coming from one person to has an axe to grind with the Stockton tourneys or is trying to promote other tourneys.

DING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dozerdog

by username17 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:27 am

So you are saying that you would be asking the home plate umpire for help on whether or not a slapper is out of the batters box when making contact with the ball?

A lot of calls revolve around the batters box. "Did she make contact with the ball twice in the box?" or out. ect.

There have been very few qualified umpires to make the judgement call at your tournaments over the years. I pushed our coach to participate in your tournament to continue a long time relationship. The umpires we had 5 games 2 seemed competent. we wont be back.

I won'r use foul language but you guy's are retarded. I have been involved with my girls in travel ball for 11 yrs. its 13 if you include my son. I just chose not to participate in this website. I remember why now.

Don't chalk the box in the morning!!!!!!!!! Then no on will expect it, and the product will show its true face.

Maybe we should ask college coaches why in a Double header they re-chalk the box. we are in fact, college prep ,correct?
username17

by Dozerdog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:59 am

Ii have an idea don't play RR tournaments.
Dozerdog

by Bookend » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 pm

IluvBlue must be a world class defense attorney to take on this argument. I've seen how R&R treats their employees that maintain these fields and it isn't pretty! I agree, go to Roseville and play in a Ybarra tourney.
Bookend

by Iluvblue » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Defense attorney??? Hardly. Just giving my opinion on tourneys, and for me the tourney was fine. But then again, Ive been around long enough to not get all pissed when games run late due to other games going long. It is part of playing in a tourney, and if that pisses you off, you should just stop being involved with the tourneys.

How they treat their "Employees?" Dont know about that, I ve never sat in on an RR staff meeting to see how bad they are treated.
Iluvblue

by sacval00dad » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 am

My DD's team was at Louis both days. It was fine. We've played better fields, we've played worse. We've played tournaments that were better managed and played worse.

By now we know what to expect when playing in Stockton and we'll be going back for a couple more next month with the Grapettes. The kid just wants to play ball. Would I prefer there was better field prep? Sure. In fact, there are many things i would prefer. However, I appreciate organizations making the effort to provide my DD a place to play every weekend. From there it is her coach's choice where we go and based on the experience, whether we go back.
sacval00dad

Previous

Return to NorCal