Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NorCal Top 12U Teams

by quietstorm02 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 pm

playeradvocate1 wrote:Here are our grips for this past weekend. Others should not be afraid to contact the TDs and give their input. I know Ybarra clearly posts on his site that he would like feedback.

First of all why should parents, players, and coaches accept playing softball on a baseball diamond? For those of you that did not know, Ybarra used a baseball field for games on Saturday and Sunday. That's right, the entire field was dirt nearly to the home run fence. Wow, common coaches say something. Your paying big dollars to pay in these tournaments.

The baseball field hosted several of the most competitive games of the weekend. The scores are posted and there were four 1-run games and another decided by just 2 runs. I watched some hard fought games over there.
quietstorm02

by kcheadchief » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:12 pm

1. LTG
2. Force Rodriguez
3. Sting
4. Storm Jimenez
5. California
6. NC Firecrackers
7. Breeze 01
8. OBS
9. Foothill Gold
10. DirtDogs
kcheadchief

by Ball Hog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 pm

I actually think your list is pretty good. I would maybe swap 1. With 2. And 5. With 6. Also not sure if I would put obs to 8. So soon. The bucket has been pretty quite lately anyway :lol: I was going over some of the old posts at the beginning of the season there was a lot of talk about the "memorial day shootout" will be a good chance to see how the top teams do against each other :oops: All the sudden the topic was about the tournament & fields :roll: :lol: Anyone following 12u softball with half a brain knows the majority of the scores from from the top teams so complaints about RR not posting them sounds a little more like denial to me :lol: :lol: let the crying begin!!!!!
Ball Hog

by Dozerdog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Congrats to the Breeze 01 players and coaches for earning a PGF birth today down in SoCal.
Dozerdog

by noncrazynorcal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Great work! It's tough to win a Firecracker Invitational as a non FC team.
noncrazynorcal

by Dozerdog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Congrats to SJ Sting for earning a birth down South. From what I'm being told they won in 4th ITB 8-7. Great job Sting!
Dozerdog

by AvgMoe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:28 am

Congratulations to the Cal Breeze for winning a bid the old fashion way.. by winning it. They went 3-0 outscoring their opponent 20-1.

Great effort by Sting (4-1-1) for receiving the 5th bid. The game ended in a tie, 5-5 in 11 innings.
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by Kklangan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 pm

C
Kklangan

by Kklangan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Congratulations to both the Breeze and Sting team who both EARNED PGF berths this past weekend!!! Way to represent NorCal! To clarify about the Sting-Batbuster game the score listed on PGF listed does indeed show 5-5. The fact is the game ended by PGF officials in the top of the 11th inning. Sting was ahead at the time 8-7, 0 outs. It was an epic battle by both teams. As a spectator I was amazed by the tenacity of both these teams, the officials were as well. One even said to me that he had never seen such a battle and loved watching such excellent competition. The truth is PGF stopped the game and told everyone there that both these teams had EARNED a berth, traditional or not. Both Sting and Breeze coaches, players, and parents were cheering each other on in support of NorCal. Proud of both teams and would have loved seeing more from NorCal!
Kklangan

by AvgMoe » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Maybe PGF should rethink giving out bids to teams that should not have received them before the season has started or maybe a take I back if that team is not producing wins. It would free up space for teams that should get an invite and save parents a bunch of money and wasting their time to go and know they are not doing good. When other teams are beatikn teams left an right but still do not have a bid.

Just my 2 cents

Any thoughts to this or should I post this to a different section.
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal