Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NorCal Top 12U Teams

by Dozerdog » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Just curious who you would be refering to? The only team that I am aware of that had a berth was Storm. The berth they have was not an invite. Per PGF rules teams that finish top 5 get a berth the next year and the berth stays with the coach. In my opinion they would have probably qualified this season anyway. But to get back to your question I think PGF needs some tweaking on how teams get in and qualifiers and how they are done. I think they should have regional qualifiers for those areas. No invites. I have no issues with the coaches getting a returning berth after a top 5 finish.
Dozerdog

by Dozerdog » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:56 pm

You also have to remember the 12s age group is still being built up by PGF and I would have no issues with an invite
Dozerdog

by luvthegame11 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 pm

luv this time of year seeing all the teams both top level and the up in comers....making the adjustments and continue to improve in all area's. Congrats to the Norcal teams making a name for themselves in PGF and a statement for the upcoming year end tourney's. From my viewpoint we have some darn good teams in 12u this year....all of which could get hot at the right time. Breeze 01, Force, TC, LTG, Storm.....on any given Sunday. Just my 2 cents
luvthegame11

by realtalk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Per AvgMoe:
I copied and paste this from the pgf website.

12U-Invited Teams: So Cal Choppers Rourick/Olson, Firecrackers Thornburg, So Cal Athletics Mercado, Birmingham Thunderbolts Dorsett, East Cobb Bullets Caldwell, Georgia Impact Stewart, Texas Glory Blue 01, Idaho Flash

There is no teams with an early invite. As dozer explained Coach Jimenez (Storm) earned a free berth by finishing Top 5 at the 12U 2013 PGF Nationals. If ur coach or any coach takes top 5 I will tip my hat off to you and say good luck this year and do a repeat.

Anyone who participates at a PGF National or ASA National should go for it! Not everyone gets in.
realtalk

by Dozerdog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Congrats to Foothill Gold 01 for winning Sac Metros and NC Firecrackers on finishing 2nd. Not sure if either will go to ASA Nationals but congrats on the Berths! Anyone know how the others went?
Dozerdog

by Dozerdog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:34 pm

So I heard congrats are in order to Sting on the NorCal association win with runner up Bownet. Also Fresno Force with the CenCal Association win. Congrtas all!
Dozerdog

by AvgMoe » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Dozerdog wrote:So I heard congrats are in order to Sting on the NorCal association win with runner up Bownet. Also Fresno Force with the CenCal Association win. Congrtas all!

Can you post the link for both. it would be nice to see how the rest did.
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by AvgMoe » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Dozerdog wrote:Just curious who you would be refering to? The only team that I am aware of that had a berth was Storm. The berth they have was not an invite. Per PGF rules teams that finish top 5 get a berth the next year and the berth stays with the coach. In my opinion they would have probably qualified this season anyway. But to get back to your question I think PGF needs some tweaking on how teams get in and qualifiers and how they are done. I think they should have regional qualifiers for those areas. No invites. I have no issues with the coaches getting a returning berth after a top 5 finish.

I am not trying to toss James under the bus, but he is a good example of the situation. If team X places top 5 then that “coach” gets a birth for the next season. why… what is the reason that he only gets to come back. He was not the only reason the team took 5th or better. Why don’t the girls get something. Maybe make it that if coach and x# of players returning with that coach should only get a bid.

I don’t even know if his team is still the same from last year or if they are all new players for him. Just don’t think it should be based on the coach. The coach did not walk on the field and win it alone. Maybe that team could have one top 5 with any coach. Honestly I don’t think it’s fair for the players . Again.. just ranting

Maybe someone could answer this too..

What if coach A adds an assistant “head coach B” would both A and B get a bid for the next year or just one? Can it even be done? Would they both get one? Then they could bring two teams. Could be a great loophole if no one has tried it.
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by Dozerdog » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:38 pm

I believe one website is sacramentoasa.org Not sure about CenCal saw it on facebook. :D
If you look at some of the big Orgs and some even up here they have the same head coach listed for all age groups. I would think this is a way to keep the berths if earned. I never said I agree with it just the way it is. Salinas Storm is not the only one. Steele took his to another org.
Dozerdog

by kcheadchief » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:04 am

The remix
1. LTG
2. Force Rodriguez 
3. Sting
4. Storm Jimenez 
5. Breeze 01
6. California
7. Foothill Gold
8. NC Firecrackers
9. OBS