Bownet over CCA
TC over Grapettes
Storm over Bownet
LTG over CCA
Firecrackers over Grapettes
TC over Sting
Bownet over Grapettes
TC over CCA

Awesome games, a lot of close ones... But again it's a friendly and a lot of players got their time in. I hope this event was beneficial and good luck to all attending the qualifier!
BeastMode
Premium Member
Premium Member

t

by Dozerdog » Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 am

It would be nice to see a the last couple spots in the RR Gold memorial tournament filed by a couple more of the top teams. There already is a good amount of the top 10 that are listed on everyones rankings.
Dozerdog

by 4swirls » Mon May 05, 2014 6:18 pm

OBS will be dropping in the ranking. They lost a key coach to Sting!! Good luck Rob!! They Sting is lucky to have your daughter!!
4swirls

by Bookend » Mon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Let the results speak for themselves. Yes, OBS lost a great player and coach, but let them play it out before dropping them in rankings. I have a feeling they will be just fine.
Bookend

by realtalk » Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 pm

They both will be fine going separate directions. Both coaches have been in this travel ball game along time and will still be competing at the highest level.

We will find out at the qualifier when both teams match up again. In the final game for the berth!
realtalk

by AvgMoe » Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

4swirls wrote:OBS will be dropping in the ranking. They lost a key coach to Sting!! Good luck Rob!! They Sting is lucky to have your daughter!!

Ouch! Kinda harsh.

First.. They should not drop in rank. It is only one girl, unless she was the #1 pitcher.

Second.. Why would a coach leave a program? I can see a player jumping ship for a better team, but not a coach.

Did he quit to join a better team? umm.. I thought OBS knocked out Sting in Fresno 9-1. Not sure why he would go to a team he just beat. Did he feel bad from them or did he get the boot for reasons unknown to us here in Hey Bucket Land.

Sucks for OBS no matter how you spin it. It throws of the teams chemistry loosing not only a key player but they also lost a coach.

Heads up OBS and good luck
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by Kklangan » Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 am

I watched several games at the friendly in Santa Clara last week, good to see top teams playing each other. I did watch the LTG-Sting game and Rob was among the parents not coaching. His daughter was playing, doing very well. OBS has a strong program and will continue to do well. All the best to teams competing for a berth this weekend! The 12's this year are all quite talented and as long as they are playing at a high level will continue to improve. Any one of these teams could beat each other on any given day.
Kklangan

by onlooker » Tue May 06, 2014 1:13 pm

I have no horses in this race, so I went to SJ Sting site to see the roster. 14 kids listed and pics recently of 14, is the new one the 15th?

Wow, not sure how long this will stay together but 15 kids (even FOURTEEN!!!!!) on a 12U team is terrible management, i dont care what org you are. good luck in the future, would suspect this is just another in the long line of "you jump here i jump there". The ripple effect will take place shortly.
onlooker

by Dozerdog » Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Congrats to Fresno Force and LTG for earning PGF berths this weekend.
Dozerdog

by SeeBallHitBall » Mon May 12, 2014 10:18 am

In looking at the scores from PGF in Sac, Force were very impressive. Steamrolling through the event. Wow. Nice to see a couple of "local" teams defend the area from the So Cal invasion.

Of course, seeing that result, I could only think, how good are OCBB-Young (02)? I am guessing really good. They won Force Classic and beat Force on their way to that title.

Anyone have an idea of the score of that game on Sunday in Clovis at Force Classic?
SeeBallHitBall

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal