Valley Stompers - 0-5-1
Team California - 0-5
No Score Posted for last Team CA vs. Combat Panthers game
So Cal - 36 Wins - 18 Losses - 5 Ties
cj1357

by BeastMode » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Corona won Sting
Team Ca loss last game....

I would post it but to much work.... I need a vacation!
Thx looks good
BeastMode
Premium Member
Premium Member

by oth6 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Was it just me or was the officiating some of the worst you have ever seen. We had games where the field ump was asking the plate ump about calls he was standing over, the plate ump asking parents in the stands what the counts were, and strike calls all over the board.
oth6

by onlooker » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:49 pm

oth6 wrote:Was it just me or was the officiating some of the worst you have ever seen. We had games where the field ump was asking the plate ump about calls he was standing over, the plate ump asking parents in the stands what the counts were, and strike calls all over the board.

I dont know about worst I've seen, but there were some issues. I dont think they had effect on any game....in fact, I think what stood out as the worst to me down there was the same ol song and dance.......Nor Cal's lack of ability to compete yet again wholly. Pretty glaring when the group as a whole goes 18-37-5, or a .333 winning percentage...... from teams called Firecrackers, Sting, Breeze, Nuggets, Storm and Dirt Dogs...YUCK! thanks to a 6-0 KG Hitters for inflating the stats, without them 12-37-5!!! .222 Winning Percentage!!! That means winning 2 out of every 10 games. That is not good in any sport, much more concerning to me then the umpires.
onlooker

by PitchersDad99 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:53 pm

The Firecrackers logo on a jersey does not make a team great or even good. They have to prove it.
The KG Hitters have some of the best 00's from teams that are dark. They were by far the best team there, including the SoCal teams. I think the fact that the only loss for most of the SoCal teams was from the KG Hitters is great and proves their dominance. The other teams were not up to the task, but that doesn't mean NorCal can't play. It only proves that based off of population size NorCal can't field the amount of players SoCal can. When the 99's come back to their teams, I believe you will see that on a whole NorCal fields some very competitive teams, who can and will compete with the best SoCal has to offer. Props to the KG Hitters for Kicking A**.
PitchersDad99

by NorCalBaller123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 am

Lumping all the Nor Cal teams together minus KG is probably not the best way to evaluate this. Take a look at some of the individual scores and close games. There were plenty of ugly out there but there was also some very competitive games played
NorCalBaller123

by JimineyCricket » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 am

Pitcher's Dad - I think you're off-base with your thinking that NorCal will make a better showing once the HS players come back. What happens when the SoCal teams get their HS players back, too? The overall level of play may improve, but the difference between the two areas will still remain. Those of us in NorCal have to figure out how to get our best teams playing at the level of their best counterparts in SoCal, '99 v '99, '00 v '00. Is the fact that our best '99 teams may be able to compete with SoCal's best '00s really good enough for us? The differences between North and South have to be caused by more than just the size of the talent pool. If you put the two groups of players in a room all wearing the same jersey, you couldn't tell North from South. Put them on the field, and it's obvious. We have to figure out why that is, and fix it.
JimineyCricket

by onlooker » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 am

Jiminy - Thanks! said much better than this guy could. Sometimes when I type my replies I look at them and say that might be too harsh so I dont even post it.....

just want to remind us up here that when we do go to so cal, count the 14u teams from so cal who are playing in 16's or 18's......if they were in 14's in so cal (non qualifier events etc) the stats would get worse. More 1 and done's, more losses on Saturday. The best so cal teams are playing 16's when we travel down there. Now do I think we should have as many good teams? NO...but lets HIGHLIGHT the studs in the area, get them under one roof and give them their best chance of being the best they can as a team which in turn creates WAYYYY more opportunities than 2-3 studs on one team getting their due. STACK EM....and not 18 deep, just 13-14.
onlooker

by OverTheFence » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:21 pm

The difference has to be the coaching. Just take a look at the Pac-12 right now and see who the dominate pitchers are - Ally Carda at UCLA and Cheridan Hawkins at Oregon. Both of these "studs" are from Northern California.
OverTheFence

by PitchersDad99 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:13 am

Onlooker:
just want to remind us up here that when we do go to so cal, count the 14u teams from so cal who are playing in 16's or 18's......if they were in 14's in so cal (non qualifier events etc) the stats would get worse. More 1 and done's, more losses on Saturday. The best so cal teams are playing 16's when we travel down there.

Jiminy Cricket:
What happens when the SoCal teams get their HS players back, too? The overall level of play may improve, but the difference between the two areas will still remain. Those of us in NorCal have to figure out how to get our best teams playing at the level of their best counterparts in SoCal, '99 v '99, '00 v '00. Is the fact that our best '99 teams may be able to compete with SoCal's best '00s really good enough for us?

My DD's 99's team went to SoCal quite a bit in Fall and played 16's. They did very well with a winning percentage 0f around .700. And they were able to do that even though the brilliant softball minds from this forum who create rankings did not have them listed. And yes, they played in the better events. They did play 14's once because Surf City automatically bracketed them in the 14's.

Onlooker:
NO...but lets HIGHLIGHT the studs in the area, get them under one roof and give them their best chance of being the best they can as a team which in turn creates WAYYYY more opportunities than 2-3 studs on one team getting their due. STACK EM....and not 18 deep, just 13-14.

KG Hitters right now is the very team you describe. They took on the teams from SoCal and won. That means we have some very talented kids who can handle any competition.
In my opinion it is not the studs that we in NorCal are lacking, but it is the complimentary players that are not up to speed. Because SoCal has such a huge population to draw from, they have a plethora of girls who are B+ to A- skill wise. Having that kind of 5 through 9 and bench players is truly the difference. Any team with studs 1 through 9 and bench is going to be an incredible nightmare for any coach. The parents would tear that kind of team apart in a matter of a couple of months. A spring team can be that type of team because everyone knows it is just for the spring and then back to the regular team, but I bet there is still some grumblings in the stands, jmho. The best teams that I saw in SoCal had a few really good players and the rest were good, i.e. no holes in the lineup. I did not see any teams that had mashers 1-9, but they did have consistent speed throughout the lineup, which we in NorCal are lacking.
PitchersDad99

Next

Return to NorCal