Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Good Luck and be safe!!! Memorial Day nears!

by onlooker » Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Was looking at 18U brackets this morning for the long awaited opening weekend of travel ball. First of all, good luck to all this summer.

I must also say be PLEASE be very safe based on what I am reading in each age group. I say this as there are 14U teams in the 18U/Gold bracket (you two DADDIES know who you are)!!!!! OMFG, seriously? Please be safe and protect the young ladies who you are responsible for. The Tournament Director should also have some balls and stop this cr@p from going on. We are NOT talking about top 14U teams by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Freakin ABSURD.
onlooker

by SwingMan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Is this what they mean by "more money, more problems"? History has proven - this tournament is all about the $$$. Regardless - I'm glad it's here!
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by THE SWAMI » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm

by SwingMan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Is this what they mean by "more money, more problems"? History has proven - this tournament is all about the $$$. Regardless - I'm glad it's here!

???? Swingman, isnt every tournament about the TD making money? I personally have never seen or dealt with problems at this tournament. Not to say there haven't been issues, I just havent been there to see it...

onlooker, I agreee....Here's an idea.... Coaches why dont you win a tournament ( or two) in your own age division before moving up :shock: I will be curious to see the scores and W vs. L come Monday.......
THE SWAMI

by CTCBAT » Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Everyone is playing this weekend so there are too many tournaments available. One tournament has most of the top 18 teams. The others may have a few here and there. You have RRGold's tournament. You have Ybarra's tournament. You have AASA's showcase. You even have DF and NSA playing.

It's probably the safest time of the year to take a mediocre 14 team and play them up.
CTCBAT

by SwingMan » Mon May 19, 2014 2:21 pm

THE SWAMI wrote:by SwingMan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:52 pm

???? Swingman, isnt every tournament about the TD making money? I personally have never seen or dealt with problems at this tournament. Not to say there haven't been issues, I just havent been there to see it...

GY runs great tournaments - point is maybe we don't need to allow 200 teams into the tournament each year.

Just continuing the first point - pay your $ and you can play in which ever bracket you want - regardless of player safety or team competitiveness. Lots of first year 14s playing into 16's - great point made is maybe they should win a tournament first before taking the call up.
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AvgMoe » Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 am

“Good luck and be safe!!!” Someone needs to stop worrying about 14u playing as an 18u. At least your daughter is not playing in the RR Gold Tourney 12u. They get to play at lovely Regional Park and I am assuming this is the same as Oak Grove Regional Park, Stockton. The same park that had a drive by shooting during a tournament back in March. (see the post "Runnin' Rebels Stockton Tournaments" its about 15 down under this topic.)

You should not be focusing on the coach and his decision to play them up, its the parents final decision. I could care less what type of "exposure" might be at a tournament the parent should know better.

Anyway... Does anyone know if they sell bullet proof catchers gear? I need some for my daughter this weekend..
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by CTCBAT » Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 am

Teams playing up isn't new, and it won't stop.
CTCBAT

by Old man softball » Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 am

Regional park and oak park are different parks.
Old man softball

by AvgMoe » Tue May 20, 2014 11:04 am

Old man softball wrote:Regional park and oak park are different parks.

phew.. Glad to know.. Now we can stop working on how to belly-crawl from base to base.
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by Dozerdog » Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm not apposed to playing up as long as you are playing up in age and not talent. Playing up in abilities can be dangerous. Good luck to all in all age groups.

On another note- It does confuse me why a bunch of teams from one age group all play up an age when you all could just play your own age group and have the same level of a tournament.
Dozerdog

Next

Return to NorCal