Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Status of Solano Pride?

by izicsz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:10 pm

WOW! My last post was deleted for asking to sensitive a question, I guess. So, I will ask it this way......

While doing research for which team(s) in my area that are holding tryouts for fallball 2014, I found a post that announced that the President of the Solano Pride Organization and Manager for the 12U Solano Pride Team was indeed going to another organization to help coach a 14U 02 team. My concern/question was what is the status of the organization? I did not want to waste my time considering the invite for tryouts if things are not going well with Solano Pride. Does anyone have a problem with my concern?
izicsz

by rquiles24 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't know why your previous post would of been deleted izicsz because it was a straight forward question that I don't mind answering for you.

Everyone in the Solano PRIDE organization has already been informed of the 2014 Fall Season situation and what teams we will be fielding. We were going to be informing everyone else from our website and other social media outlets next week. But since you are being persistent... :D I will be glad to answer.

Solano PRIDE will only be fielding a 10U & 12U team for the 2014 Fall Season and I will continue my duties has President. We believe in truly developing our student athletes and helping them succeed with us or through us. We are a new organization and did not want to impede a student athlete from achieving personal success because of a slow growing organization. So with that being said I have taken a coaching staff position with the 14U NC Dirtdogs-01 team that will provide the avenue for a student athlete that wants to be apart of an A-level college prep organization that is proven.

The Solano PRIDE tryout information with managers will be posted soon on this site and our website and the tryout information for the NC Dirtdogs 01 & 00 has already been posted. Also Gary A. will continue to be Vice President of Solano PRIDE and we will continue to coach the game and players we love together.

If you ask...you might get an answer.

Coach Rick
http://www.solanopride.com
rquiles24

by artomatic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:18 pm

The post wasn't deleted, it 's in "tryouts/Nor Cal", here:
http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=617&t=67334
Conspiracy theory disproved...
:roll:

rquiles24 wrote:So with that being said I have taken a coaching staff position with the 14U NC Dirtdogs-01 team that will provide the avenue for a student athlete that wants to be apart of an A-level college prep organization that is proven. Coach Rick
http://www.solanopride.com

Did you know that "apart" means the opposite of "a part"?

You're killing me...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by izicsz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Spazsdad,

I specifically posted the original post in the Regional Section for Norcal. It must have been mistakenly moved with KG Hitters tryout announcement that was posted to the same section that I posted to. Looks like both post were moved at the same time to the Norcal Tryouts Section earlier today.. The post did not have anything to do with announcing tryouts for an organization or a specific coach of an organization. If you read the post, you will see that it was actually a question to the Norcal community concerning a coach moving from one organization to another.

Rick,
If you read my original post, you would see that I did put the question out there for an answer. Your website still reads:
"10U - 12U - 14U Solano PRIDE will hold 2014 Fall Season tryouts in August." I was just a bit confused when I read the post on Gary's ASA website announcing you joining them for there 14U 01 Team. Just trying to get it straight! I thank you for coming on and clearing things up!

Artomatic,

Nice way to add to your total post count by wasting everyone's time reading what you had to say!

Original Post:

Ok. What is up? Rick Quiles is going to be coaching the new 14U Norcal Dirtdogs 01 Team? Is his 12U Solano Pride Team becoming the new Dirtdogs 01 Team? Is this a totally new team being formed??? Anybody??

by 411norcal » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Garys add says "joining the staff" which ususally means his top players will come with him. Should be a good 01 team but the 11-12 players leftover from the two teams will be looking for a new home. Tis the season!

by izicsz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 pm

I get what you are saying. I know that Rick and Gary A. started Solano Pride. Those two have been together for quite some time! Are Rick and Gary going separate ways? Their DD's have been playing together for seems like forever. What is the status of Solano Pride? Their website offers tryouts for the fall for 10's, 12's, and 14's. Just wondering what to make of it all. Still waiting for the real story!! May not hear it though...........
izicsz

by 01SoftballDad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:30 pm

I heard today that the 12U Solano Pride and the 12U Norcal Dirt Dogs are combining.

Anyone??
01SoftballDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 411norcal » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Solano Pride has 12 on their roster. Dirt Dogs have 11 on their roster. Tryouts will bring them 3 new players. Thats 26 players. No doubt will be a very solid 01 team but 14 current players between the two orgs will be looking for a new place to play.
411norcal

by Yellow Ballz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 am

I've seen this situation happen a few times and it's all roses until the honeymoon wears off. When parents start to see their DD not getting the position or playing time they were getting with their former team before the merge it can go south in a hurry. Throw in the fact that it's 14's and traveling becomes more frequent and more $ it is costing.
Yellow Ballz

by artomatic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 am

Yellow Ballz wrote:I've seen this situation happen a few times and it's all roses until the honeymoon wears off. When parents start to see their DD not getting the position or playing time they were getting with their former team before the merge it can go south in a hurry. Throw in the fact that it's 14's and traveling becomes more frequent and more $ it is costing.

So you're saying the players getting the playing time on this new team will want to remain a part of the team, and the players who lose playing time will want to move apart from this new team.

Now do you understand the difference izicsz? :roll:
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by izicsz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:18 am

artomatic wrote:
Yellow Ballz wrote:I've seen this situation happen a few times and it's all roses until the honeymoon wears off. When parents start to see their DD not getting the position or playing time they were getting with their former team before the merge it can go south in a hurry. Throw in the fact that it's 14's and traveling becomes more frequent and more $ it is costing.

So you're saying the players getting the playing time on this new team will want to remain a part of the team, and the players who lose playing time will want to move apart from this new team.

Now do you understand the difference izicsz? :roll:

Ok. Let me see if I do understand..... Heybucket members believe Artomatic should be a part of this conversation or should be kept apart from this conversation for having no value whatsoever???? Or maybe..... Artomatic is a class apart. Or, how about....... Joking apart, what do we really think of Artomatics' contribution to the Bucket? Notch another post "A"
izicsz

by Safebyahare » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

I would like a notch please.
Solano Pride should change their name to "Pro Collegiate Elite Gold"
Think about it. Your kid can play pro, be collegiate and elite on a gold team at 14!
Who would want to leave that! :mrgreen:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to NorCal