Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Way to go Grapettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by OverTheFence » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:06 am

Gordon's Panthers was a top team back in the 80's and 90's out of So Cal. I would guess this article was written by a Grapette parent or coach...absolutely ridiculous. Not that they haven't had success over the years and not sayin they aren't a good orginization, but to put them at the top...really??? Just take a look at the 18U Sorcerer this year and see what colleges these girls are going to. I'm sure it would be similar with the OC Batbusters, SoCal Athletics, Corona Angels and some of the other So Cal teams. So...........let's get real!
OverTheFence

by PDad » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

Looks like most of it was plagiarized from this 2006 article by Student Sports - Top 10 Softball Clubs in the US. Grapettes weren't mentioned in the original article.

The article is attributed to nhawkins, which appears to be the website founder.

Our founder Natasha Hawkins, played softball for over 20 years, and earned a Softball Scholarship to San Jose State University where she played first base. Natasha is the older sister of Cheridan Hawkins, lefty #strikeoutqueen for the Oregon Ducks softball program and Charli Hawkins, who is a youth catcher for the California Grapettes 12U softball team.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OverTheFence » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Hmmmmmmm.....Guess that explains it!
OverTheFence

by gobblygoop » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:11 pm

That proves nothing! And neither does the fact that their father is listed as a Grapes coach on the link. I read it on line, so its gotta be legit. :roll:
gobblygoop

Previous

Return to NorCal