Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Softball Fundraising vs Fundlosing

by Foul Ball Magnet » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Anybody here want to buy a crab feed ticket for next Spring season?.. only $55 or $60 bucks. Not sure what org we will be with but I am sure they will have a crab feed!
Foul Ball Magnet

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:31 pm

You guys are missing the point of the org fundraising. Org's if they have to ask parents they feel beholding to the parent, so when parents ask "were did this money go or that money go" they have a right they paid the fee.

Orgs feel if it is a donation for a poker tournament or a crab feed, then that is money they raised. They do not feel as compelled to report that to parents.

Not saying I agree, just I get the sense this is what their fundraising directly from parents is about.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cardinal75 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am

If you are playing for an org that won't divulge how and where their money is spent, be it player fees or crab feed/poker "donations", I'd head to another org pronto.
cardinal75

by CTCBAT » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Some thoughts to the OP:

*The people who are great at teaching the game may not be great at raising money. There may be an effort to raise money, but it may not be the best way. It's just the best way they know how. That isn't meant to knock anyone's ideas. Not everyone is an entrepreneur.

*Generally if someone is trying to fund raise they feel it's better than asking for mom and dad to pay. I don't think that is wrong. In the example you gave you paid for everything out of pocket. The ideas was for you not to.

*Who pays for what? Ultimately an Org will spend money. Who's responsible for coach travel, equipment, etc. While you "can" pay the fee not everyone can. Not everyone will speak up either.

The OP has the right idea (save/make money) but the wrong way of going about it. Ultimately your energy would be better spent planning better fundraisers than it would be trying to convince them they are wrong. Not all fundraisers are a bad idea, and they are work.

The only things to me that work are the fundraisers that bring something back to those invested. If you're going to ask for someone's money in our case we can show them a good time, or give them a chance at winning something. Really if we're hitting up our friends they should feel like they got something out of it and be willing to do it again.
CTCBAT

by genbender69 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Need different types of fundraisers. We have one with the Oakland A's. You get two games. The exhibition game between the A's and the Giants and the A's vs Angles. $45.00 for both tickets Profit made $20.00 a ticket.
genbender69

by 00softballgirl00 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Some of these orgs charge big monthly fees for dues. Fundraising is a joke! How about the start up fees for some of these orgs and they give you used jerseys with your start up fees. Parents should just pay for their kids way period!

Remember, some of these coaches don't work so maybe some of them are making money off these fundraisers. maybe supporting a drinking problem :lol:

hey, I have next years super bowl square fundraising already going...only $25 each square and you have to sell 5 :lol:
00softballgirl00

by tbjd33 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:00 pm

I hate fundraising.
tbjd33

by 00softballgirl00 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Better yet......let's charge everyone dues while we're dark for four months, make thousands and play a few tournaments during the summer and pocket the rest. It's easier to rob parents then everyone thinks.
00softballgirl00

by 00softballgirl00 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Why is it that you respond to my posts????? There are other posts on this topic that pretty much say something similar let us speak! ! Isn't that what this forum is for? ?? If you don't like it don't respond. Opppps , I should have said that , you will probably remove my post.
00softballgirl00

by tbjd33 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 am

00softballgirl00 wrote:Why is it that you respond to my posts????? There are other posts on this topic that pretty much say something similar let us speak! ! Isn't that what this forum is for? ?? If you don't like it don't respond. Opppps , I should have said that , you will probably remove my post.

You dunn did it now... The massa gonna git u!
tbjd33

Previous

Return to NorCal