Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

More Double Headers/Friendlies Coaches!!!

by CTCBAT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:24 pm

We all love tournament ball but coaches why don't you actively try to get more double header games in? Other than "being seen" or reputation there's only positives to playing more of them.
CTCBAT

by BBCoach2020 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 am

This is exactly what we did, called 3 coaches and set up some double headers. Saturday we played 1 double header and Sunday we played 2. Great thing is, each game one team payed $42 for the ump. That's $21 dollars a game, and $126 for 6 Games. That's cheaper than a friendly and we got to work on some things that were needed for PGF that didn't cost a arm and a leg.
BBCoach2020
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CTCBAT » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:50 am

I feel kids, parents, and coaches play not to lose on Sunday, which is exactly why some teams lose all the time. They have the talent. They just find a way to lose. Meanwhile the better teams don't lose as often. They know how to manage a game. That win or go home mentality shouldn't be every weekend.
CTCBAT

by NorCalKnowItAll » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm all for it. My DD played on an older 12u team and we played a ton of friendlies. We worked a snack bar, drug and chalked fields , and best of all we got to invite the teams we thought were our toughest competition. They also worked on situations to strengthen defenses. And to see what girls were better at handling high pressure situations. You can be over aggressive on the base paths so the girls gain confidence in their speed. I think they are a fantastic tool for development. Imo.
NorCalKnowItAll

Return to NorCal