Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12U ASA Nationals.

by off the walls » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 am

I was looking at the list of teams going to the 12u nationals next week. Is it me or is the list of teams weaker than triple crown? I think PGF has grown to the point of becoming the elite league on the west coast.
off the walls

by 411norcal » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:23 pm

That tide turned a few years ago for all age divisions except 10's and now PGF is taking over the 10's as well. Compare the teams in the 12U PGF Nationals to the ASA Nationals and there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that all teams have a place to go to get that National "feel" but the ASA Nationals looks like one of Gary's tournaments minus the top 3 in Nor Cal. The pools are posted on GSSA and look the same as an April ASA tournament out at Foskett with a few out of towners sprinkled in.
411norcal

by MC3sMom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:46 am

Perhaps part of the reason is because at the Regional Qualifier they were handing out berths like candy. Our team had to battle on Sunday after a loss to come back to get the third berth, then come to find out several teams who had lost earlier in the day were "given" berths. . Kind of discredits the whole qualifying thing...
MC3sMom

by Jackone » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:42 am

PGF is still King, but extra divisions, and extra tournaments are silly!$!$!$!$! It should just be the best! Dennis Fong is the NORCAL PGF Rep., Enough said!$!$!$!$! The ASA Sac Association was able to give out berths if any were no used by other associations across the country to Sacramento teams if there were less the a certain number in the National tournament(I think 64). So I agree that Sacramento now has way too many teams and it really is not fair to Sac. teams that really qualified! Boo!
Jackone

by mikemilly » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Yeah if you didn't make PGF , or didn't even try to qualify you should just quit right now . Nothing else matters , that sounds stupid. There are strong teams in nationals, and it will be a good tournament, and its right in our backyard. And yes it felt good to win the qualifier and win our way in. They gave extra berths to good local teams, to fill out the # of teams.
mikemilly

by off the walls » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:03 pm

"They gave extra berths to good local teams, to fill out the # of teams." Now that's funny!
off the walls

by PDad » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Jackone wrote:The ASA Sac Association was able to give out berths if any were no used by other associations across the country to Sacramento teams if there were less the a certain number in the National tournament(I think 64). So I agree that Sacramento now has way too many teams and it really is not fair to Sac. teams that really qualified! Boo!

ASA's fill-in procedure allows them to fill unused berths. They first can add 8 teams from their association and region (alternating). They can then take teams from anywhere as long as they don't go over 138 teams altogether. They have to follow the order of finish in qualifiers.

Hmm, only 55 teams this year. There were 73 last year in Indiana and 96 the year before at Chattanooga.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by izicsz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 pm

PDad,

Thank you for the clarification and the team totals for the previous years. Definitely shows the trend that everyone knew to be true, well almost everyone.

OTW,

Exactly!! I believe mikemilly thinks that they are a "good local team!" Wow!! I guess if you consider teams that cheat at local ASA tournaments to be "good", than so be it........ right mikemilly?

Hey Thomas C.

You might want to muzzle this guy. He just keeps doing Norcal Bownet and yourself proud! Might I suggest that this fall you create a parent contract that prohibits parents from your teams from commenting on boards like this about their own daughters team! I am sure Tina could help out!

I think I just heard the mic drop!! Or is it the mike drop?
izicsz

by mikemilly » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:28 am

mikemilly

by izicsz » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:03 am

izicsz

Next

Return to NorCal