Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Is It Too Much To Ask For Fences????

by 411norcal » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 am

With TD's charging $500-$600 per team per tournament is it too much to ask to have fences so the girls can play real softball especially in the older age groups?? Speaking up for the frustrated players, coaches and parents. Stop lining your pockets and give us a quality product.
411norcal

by texmex45 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:13 pm

411norcal wrote:With TD's charging $500-$600 per team per tournament is it too much to ask to have fences so the girls can play real softball especially in the older age groups?? Speaking up for the frustrated players, coaches and parents. Stop lining your pockets and give us a quality product.

Amen NorCal!! If you are referring specifically to this past weekend in Sacramento, the lack of fences dramatically changed the outcome of a few games, not to mention, it deprives the older girls of a true softball experience. For what we are paying for these events, I would think the purchase of some temp fences is not out of the question.
texmex45

by lv2earat8 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:53 pm

There are a lot of options nowadays. Stockton,Sacramento,Tracy,Modesto ect. get together with other teams and organizations and demand good facilities and umpires.If teams dont show up, they will listen!
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by handsinsidetheball » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

I
Spazsdad wrote:While I agree with you and not trying to derail the thread but I have never understood why they don't just chalk an arc at 200' as an imaginary fence. Players have to set up in front of the line, if they are outside the line on a catch it's a HR, if a gapper rolls past the line player raises hands and it's a double just like a ball that goes under the fence or gets stuck.
Not perfect but would bring some normalcy back to the games for almost no cost.

If we had a "Like" button.....You get one.
handsinsidetheball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 411norcal » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:41 pm

texmex45 wrote:
411norcal wrote:With TD's charging $500-$600 per team per tournament is it too much to ask to have fences so the girls can play real softball especially in the older age groups?? Speaking up for the frustrated players, coaches and parents. Stop lining your pockets and give us a quality product.

Amen NorCal!! If you are referring specifically to this past weekend in Sacramento, the lack of fences dramatically changed the outcome of a few games, not to mention, it deprives the older girls of a true softball experience. For what we are paying for these events, I would think the purchase of some temp fences is not out of the question.

No purchase required. They have the fences already but have to pay a little extra to use, put up and take down. Definitely going to do my homework next time rather than signing up for a tournament to watch multiple 230 ft bombs become a routine out because the outfielders are playing out in the tules.
411norcal

by NORCALSHOCKERS » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 am

Take the L, get better, work harder and win next time. Stop whining you guys are more immature than the girls playing last weekend.
NORCALSHOCKERS

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 am

NORCALSHOCKERS wrote:Take the L, get better, work harder and win next time. Stop whining you guys are more immature than the girls playing last weekend.

Gotta love the 1st HB post guy taking a shot at someone right out of the gate while repping an entire org at the same time. :roll:

This is why we love the Bucket! :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:37 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
NORCALSHOCKERS wrote:Take the L, get better, work harder and win next time. Stop whining you guys are more immature than the girls playing last weekend.

Gotta love the 1st HB post guy taking a shot at someone right out of the gate while repping an entire org at the same time. :roll:

This is why we love the Bucket! :lol:

Hell yea, good stuff. Is there even a Shockers Org. still around? Thought they folded up and joined the crackers. "Take the L". What a maroon.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to NorCal