Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

freak storm in nor cal

by dittoz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:32 am

Actually, yeah.. you're right. It just struck me as funny.
Kinda like that scene in Jurassic Park when the guy hid in the outhouse from T-Rex.

Saw the girl get the come-backer. She looked okay on Sunday, but a scary moment when it happened. (I won't turn on my rant about pitchers wearing masks)
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 am

Dittoz,

So how did your games go? Since our schedules were the same, I didnt get a chance to watch one inning of the other bracket.

The little R&R team played much better than I expected. Their catcher did a very good job against us.

The Breeze SS was very good.

Pretty good games for having so little practice time.
Iluvblue

by CrushersDad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Iluvblue wrote:The Breeze SS was very good.

Do you remember if #24 was at SS?
CrushersDad

by dittoz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:52 pm

RR played us well and our #1 had pneumonia up until a week ago, so this was her first outing since and they took advantage. Catcher wasn't bad, you're right.

Over-all our kids still need some work.

That Breeze team is a hitting machine - always have been. Not a fan of the bunt coverage they use and it was intimidating to our slappers and bunters at first. Once they realized they could still execute we were okay, but the damage was already done. Breeze shortstop was a stud. Don't recall what number she is Crusher, but she definitely is in the right place!

I was happy with my kid's first outting - that's the main thing... right? ;)
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

dittoz wrote:Actually, yeah.. you're right. It just struck me as funny.
Kinda like that scene in Jurassic Park when the guy hid in the outhouse from T-Rex.

Saw the girl get the come-backer. She looked okay on Sunday, but a scary moment when it happened. (I won't turn on my rant about pitchers wearing masks)

Didn't mean to pick on you to bad Dittoz, just have learned in AZ during monsoon season..wicked thunder storms..and I HATE..lightning...got caught in a real bad one 1 year...
wasn't even going to try to get out of the car and it was in the driveway..no power to garage door..found out later ..that was the safest place I could be...!!
THE MAD-DOG99

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:50 pm

I actually loved their bunt/slap defense. :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
Iluvblue

by Norcal Iceman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah, that was some crazy weather out there. Me and a buddy were having a cold one out at the truck when all of a sudden lightning crackled right on top of us. I swear I damn near #$%$ my pants. Girls were screaming and ducking for cover all around us. My wife was standing about 50 feet from where our teammate's mom was hit and she felt the electricity as well. I even heard that some people's hair was standing on end. I hope we all learned a valuable lesson that day - when a lightning storm comes in, get EVERYONE off the field ASAP.
Norcal Iceman

by Fun4All » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Can someone please share the order of finish for 12u Fall Classic? RR website doesn't have it posted yet... must be too busy getting ready for this coming weekend's...
Fun4All

by anothermom » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Sorcerers won the Championship and Mayhem came in 2nd, not sure about the rest of the placings.
anothermom

Previous

Return to NorCal