Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

freak storm in nor cal

by lv2earat8 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 am

Found this in the local paper this morning. Glad I did not attend.
Have to love softball parents though, get the crap knocked out of her and she plans to return the next day.

http://cbs13.com/local/stockton.lightni ... 80667.html
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by NorCal96 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 am

Softball mom's are tough! Hope all is well for her and I'm glad none of the kids were hurt. Anyone know which team she is with?
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
NorCal96

by Norcal33 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Wow! Now that is a dedicated mom. Hopefully she is OK.
Norcal33

by Iluvblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:01 pm

I think she was on AASA. It was freaky. The lightning hit the light pole, went off that to the fence, and then hit her. It was a loud Book, scared the hell out me.
Iluvblue

by Norcal33 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Any strikes out at Regional today? How did the 14's turn out?
Norcal33

by Iluvblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 pm

No lightning at all today.

Grapettes Cr won the final with a walk off HR in the last inning. Best part, the kid that hit the walk off was a pinch hitter that probably batted.800 this weekend. It was a MASH and boy was it fun seeing that kid and how excited she was.
Iluvblue

by dittoz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah, crazy weather. The dumbest thing I think I've ever seen was when they cleared the fields as the weather got worse, an entire team of girls remained sitting in RF just chit-chatting out in the grass. Lightning getting closer and they're sitting in the middle of an open field! Fortunately, heavy rain suddenly dropped and the girls scattered. It was only about 2 mins later that the bolt came down onto the field!

The lady that got hit was a mom with All American. Reportedly, she was holding an umbrella and it hit that. She looked like she was okay which amazes me, but they scraped her up off the ground and carted her to the hospital in an ambulance. Like ILB said, scared the crap out of me too - loudest boom I have ever heard. I actually thought in my mind that I heard the boom before I saw the lightning. All I know is everything went white momentarily and there was no chance to react as it occured. All the kids were screaming right after - apparently the bolt hit about 50' from where we were sitting. We were in our truck and my wife yells at me to CLOSE THE WINDOW! Gotta laugh at that one...

Regional was calm and clear on Sunday. Congrats to ILB's team - we unfortunately, did not fare quite so well...
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 am

Congrats to ILB's team - we unfortunately, did not fare quite so well.

I dont even care about winning. I just want to make sure we get 3 games in on each Sunday. We have 8 new players and it is important for them to learn the game they I want them to play it. We have a long way to go, but by the end of the Fall, this should be a pretty decent team.
Iluvblue

by mr.flamboyant » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 am

WOW..what a crazy way to open up a fall season huh. right before one of our pitchers took a line drive (to the face) and broke her nose, then the poor woman got struck by lightning. Ambulence left then had 2 come right back a few moments later. Im proud to say that both the mom and the player were there on sunday cheering their teams on!
mr.flamboyant

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 am

dittoz wrote:Yeah, crazy weather. The dumbest thing I think I've ever seen was when they cleared the fields as the weather got worse, an entire team of girls remained sitting in RF just chit-chatting out in the grass. Lightning getting closer and they're sitting in the middle of an open field! Fortunately, heavy rain suddenly dropped and the girls scattered. It was only about 2 mins later that the bolt came down onto the field!

The lady that got hit was a mom with All American. Reportedly, she was holding an umbrella and it hit that. She looked like she was okay which amazes me, but they scraped her up off the ground and carted her to the hospital in an ambulance. Like ILB said, scared the crap out of me too - loudest boom I have ever heard. I actually thought in my mind that I heard the boom before I saw the lightning. All I know is everything went white momentarily and there was no chance to react as it occured. All the kids were screaming right after - apparently the bolt hit about 50' from where we were sitting. We were in our truck and my wife yells at me to CLOSE THE WINDOW! Gotta laugh at that one...
Regional was calm and clear on Sunday. Congrats to ILB's team - we unfortunately, did not fare quite so well...

Might want to give that wife of yours an apoligy and a hug. Actually the best place to be in a lightning storm is in your car.
The lightning will hit the metal not you, with the window open the lightning can split off and hit you. The windows should be rolled up...
THE MAD-DOG99

Next

Return to NorCal