Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Post your scores and observations!

by 454Malibu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 am

New to the 16U ranks and know we are going to play mostly Showcase format tournaments from here on out. It drives me crazy that no scores are ever posted in 16U and above. So, a request. How about us Norcal (Socal feel free to join in) members posting scores and perspectives on top teams or players that we see at the 16u/18u showcases that are upcoming? It would be just nice to know who the top teams and players are that we all observe (our opinions). We are attending 3 in Stockton and 2 in So Cal, so I will try to provide what I can if anybody wants to listen........

Thanks!
454Malibu

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 am

Here is the response you are going to get.

We lost but we only pitched our number 6 pitcher all weekend. We didnt play our ss against the better teams because we wanted to see if our RF can get it done at that position. Sinc eit is showcase we are not keeping track of who won or lost so there is no real way to say who the top teams are.... blah, blah, and some more Blah.

There you go. There is your 16u scouting report for the entire Fall season. Welcome to the wonderful world of not playing to win games where the intesity is low but the beers are full.

Have fun this Fall. By the way, half of those kids in 16u are 14u players, so their parents have nobody to blame but themselves for this exiting upcoming Fall season.

Ill be thinking of you when you are making that drive home from socal on a Sunday evening.
Iluvblue

by Ace » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 am

Iluvblue wrote:Here is the response you are going to get.

We lost but we only pitched our number 6 pitcher all weekend. We didnt play our ss against the better teams because we wanted to see if our RF can get it done at that position. Sinc eit is showcase we are not keeping track of who won or lost so there is no real way to say who the top teams are.... blah, blah, and some more Blah.

There you go. There is your 16u scouting report for the entire Fall season. Welcome to the wonderful world of not playing to win games where the intesity is low but the beers are full.

Have fun this Fall. By the way, half of those kids in 16u are 14u players, so their parents have nobody to blame but themselves for this exiting upcoming Fall season.

Ill be thinking of you when you are making that drive home from socal on a Sunday evening.

So, why would you you stay and watch games until, Sunday evening?
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:58 am

I wont be, Ill be at home watching Sunday night football when all of those Norcal 16u parents are making that 5 hour drive home from those 16u "Exposure" tournaments.
Iluvblue

by 454Malibu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am

How Silly and Naive I am! You are probably right, nobody is going to tell me how good or bad the teams looked! And yes, we will be making that trek to LA twice! Enjoy the beer and football!

Ok, here is some old news that happened over the weekend. Strikkers 16U Tellez, took their whole team to Sting! Does anybody care?
:o
454Malibu

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 am

Probably a good move. Does that now mean they have 2 16u teams? Good move if they want to combine into 1 gold team in the future.

Get a portable DVD player for those long drives.
Iluvblue

by 454Malibu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

Yes, two 16u and two 18. Sting has always been a quality organization, so probably a good move. Daughter has played for both Sting and Strikkers in past, so know a little about each Organization and Coaching!

Think I will just let my wife drive back from So Cal and sleep a little!
454Malibu

Return to NorCal