Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14U TEAMS

by GSB » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Just let me know where you are Skarp. Id love to see you on softball field, or do you just work the snack bar??

Just evaluate my words Skarp, but that is asking too much. You just like to slam and start shit. Nothing makes your day more. You certainly dont come here for any credible reason.

Which is exactly why most coaches dont post on these boards. And if they do, they certainly dont let people know who they are.

So when you are working the snack bar this weekend, ill be teaching kids how to play this game, like I do every weekend.

I don't know about coaches not posting here. I know at least 17 who do on a regular basis. probably at least 20 more who come on a post from time to time. Thats just from SoCal.
To each their own.
GSB

by Skarp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 pm

GSB wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Just let me know where you are Skarp. Id love to see you on softball field, or do you just work the snack bar??

Just evaluate my words Skarp, but that is asking too much. You just like to slam and start shit. Nothing makes your day more. You certainly dont come here for any credible reason.

Which is exactly why most coaches dont post on these boards. And if they do, they certainly dont let people know who they are.

So when you are working the snack bar this weekend, ill be teaching kids how to play this game, like I do every weekend.

I don't know about coaches not posting here. I know at least 17 who do on a regular basis. probably at least 20 more who come on a post from time to time. Thats just from SoCal.

They are hard to identify, because none of them are on here extolling their own coaching prowess (or denigrating other coaches/teams) at every opportunity.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:35 am

I didnt say who I coach for because it has been on here many times and didnt find it was needed. But I coach one of the Grapettes 14u teams.

I also dont slam specific teams or coaches Skarp.

Thread after thread on this forum is about people complaining about this or that about team after team after team.
This coach took my money and wont give it back. This team promised me this and now is doing that. It goes on and on and on and never ends. So when i step up and say why teams have all these problems and how to handle them, you dont like it?

I read the complaints and then I state how I feel it should be done. And since I have so few problems, so few players leave, and we win on a consistent basis I thing what we do works. It worked when I coached in HS, and has worked for every team I have ever coached in travel.
And we dont do it with 60 kids showing up to tryout. We take the 18 or so kids that show up, make the team, and somehow compete every year.

I state what we do and how we do it. I rarely hear people attacking the substance of what I say, they just dont like that I have the balls to come straight out and say that many coaches are clueless and that is why they have so many problems. I also have no problems saying who knows what they are doing and have done so many times.
Iluvblue

by Skarp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 am

Iluvblue wrote:I didnt say who I coach for because it has been on here many times and didnt find it was needed. But I coach one of the Grapettes 14u teams.

I also dont slam specific teams or coaches Skarp.

Thread after thread on this forum is about people complaining about this or that about team after team after team.
This coach took my money and wont give it back. This team promised me this and now is doing that. It goes on and on and on and never ends. So when i step up and say why teams have all these problems and how to handle them, you dont like it?

I read the complaints and then I state how I feel it should be done. And since I have so few problems, so few players leave, and we win on a consistent basis I thing what we do works. It worked when I coached in HS, and has worked for every team I have ever coached in travel.
And we dont do it with 60 kids showing up to tryout. We take the 18 or so kids that show up, make the team, and somehow compete every year.

I state what we do and how we do it. I rarely hear people attacking the substance of what I say, they just dont like that I have the balls to come straight out and say that many coaches are clueless and that is why they have so many problems. I also have no problems saying who knows what they are doing and have done so many times.

Like I said: any opportunity. :lol:

I understand and concede that you are the greatest coach of all time, so no need to belabor the point. What I'm more interested in knowing is whether you can form an English sentence without the word "I" in it.

You most certainly do slam specific teams and/or coaches. You did in this very thread, by making false and derrogatory claims about the Magic organization. You don't see other coaches on here denigrating the competition...probably because they have more common sense than God gave a donkey. Likewise (and for the same reason), you don't see them making claims about the superiority of their own methods, or the ineptitude of other coaches, in either a specific or general way. It's called decorum. It's called humility. It's called respect.

It is also not remotely analagous to parents discussing team/coach issues on here, regardless how outlandish the topics might be. You make a big deal about your status as a coach, as if not being a coach makes one a second-class citizen on here...as if your voice and opinions deserve some kind of special respect. (Hence your lame "snack bar" digs) But if being a coach makes you part of some special fraternity, then the least you could do is stop your bragging, stop your denigrating, and show a little respect for the other members of that fraternity.

You can consider this constructive criticism. Whether your boastful and/or derrogatory comments derive from an overly high opinion of yourself or, more likely, from an inferiority complex for which you are over-compensating, believe me when I tell you that they are not taken well by many on this board...including other coaches. FWIW.

Now, why don't you do yourself a favor and quit while you're behind?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Well, I can tell you I don't try to over-compensate for anything....
Here's my new truck by the way:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to NorCal