Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14U TEAMS

by Old Darter » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 am

Iluvblue

Re: 14U TEAMS
People in an area all know who the good teams are.

You are right, people IN THE AREA do know who the good teams are.

Go back 5 years ago and Lady magic were not in the mix.... period.

And clearly from the above post, Lady Magic was in the mix five years ago. I don't think a team can come from nowhere and win a National Championship in the older divisions. You have to have worked at that for a few years, which in turn means people know who you are.

When you talk about best Gold teams in Norcal, you NEVER heard Lady Magic mentioned.

So now we're talking about Gold? Ok, you're right, there was no Lady Magic 18G team five years ago. Ego feel better?

This person even said they didnt have teams in each age group, and 5 years ago they had no 12, 14, or 16 team that was even in the top 5 teams in Norcal.

Are you serious or do you just not have any clue to what you're saying? Clearly you have no idea who went to Nationals from NorCal over the last ten years. The list above shows you were either 1) not competing in NorCal 2) weren't competitive in NorCal 3) only paid attention to you own division.

I think you're best served to drop this one, Mr. Lover of Blue. You are obviously not qualified on this topic.
Old Darter

by anonlooker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Not sure where Lady Magic fall into things as they have been around only a few years, and that was primarily a one team deal. I was not aware of a Lady Magic 14u team this year or last year that was a top team.

But then again, I dont venture up to Sac very often anymore.

Iluvblue wrote:Owned if you dont know what the hell you are talking about. Go back to my post above Skarp and tell me where I am factually incorrect..........

Im not knocking lady Magic one bit. I love the current gold team and how they handle themselves.

But i ask this. Besides the current Gold team that started young and moved up,
Have lady Magic had a single team in the past 10 years in any age besides Gold that went to ASA nationals?

I have no idea the answer, but if they have, I would be surprised. So when someone asks who the top 14u teams in Norcal and their name comes up, I am a little surprised. The current 14u team could be the best in the state for all I know, but has nothing to do with Magic past teams.

So again Skarp, pick my above post apart and show me where I am factually incorrect. Have a feeling I will be waiting for quite a while.

LadyMagic83 wrote:Old Darter is correct, here is the history since 2000, which should cover the time frame in question. As you can see we had teams at two Nationals every year between 2002 (when the current Gold team formed) and 2007 (the final year of Laura and Joe's team). That's the heart of the last decade.

Laura & Joes team Nationals finishes:
2008 team aged out (Ziegenhirt and Henderson played 16u)
2007 ASA 18G Nationals, did not qualify
2006 ASA 16U Nationals, Seattle, WA - 7th place
2005 ASA 16U Nationals, Sioux Falls, SD - 25th place
2004 ASA 14U Nationals, Midland, TX - 9th place
2003 ASA 12U Nationals, Atlanta, GA - 17th place
2002 ASA 10U Nationals, Tulsa, OK - 23rd place
2001 ASA 10U Nationals, Moreno Valley, CA - 13th place
2000 ASA 10U Nationals, Stockton, CA - 13th place

Jim and Joe H's team (current Gold) Nationals finish in the same time period:
2009 ASA 18G Nationals, Oklahoma City Ok 25th
2008 ASA 16U Nationals, Owensboro, Ky NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2007 ASA 14U Nationals, Normal, IL 9th
2006 ASA 14U Nationals, Johnson City, TN 33rd
2005 ASA 12U Nationals, Aurora, CO 3rd
2004 ASA 10U Nationals,
2003 ASA 10U Nationals, Johnson City, TN 13th
2002 ASA 10U Nationals, Broken Aarow, OK

Pretty sure the above shows you are about as "factually incorrect" as can possibly be.

The fact that you continue arguing your point in the face of incontrovertible evidence really destroys any chance of sustaining the wee iota of credibility you have been trying so hard to establish on here.

But don't take it too hard, HeyBucket has no rules in place that require posters be fastpitch experts, so you are still welcome... just stop frontin' dude!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Im not going to keep posting on this because it looks like I am attacking lady Magic, which is not even close to what I was doing.

they had A (as in ONE TEAM) TEAM. It started in 10u and moved all the way up.

They had another TEAM that started in 10u a few years later and moved all the way up. They did not replace each team in each age group, they had 2 good teams that just stayed together and moved up together. They did not fall into the typical category of organizations that have teams in each age group each year.

They appear to be adding ANOTHER TEAM that is coming from Fire and Ice, which got us on the current topic of top teams in 14u. Fire and Ice was not a Magic team last year, so you cant say Magic had a great team in 14u, they did not. The current team may be awesome, but they were not Magic. Year to year you can bank on the previously mentioned teams having quality teams in any given age group. Magic is hit and miss depending on if they even have a team in a given age group. I guess that was my real point.

As far as my credibility(Or lack of)goes, some of you on here have none. You sit behind a keyboard, dont coach, and then want to talk crap.

I will continue to actually coach a team and continue to do what we always do. I Did it last weekend, I will do it again this weekend, and the weekend after. I can start with a new group every year and sometimes manage to be competitive.

Do you do that? If you do, please point me to your team so I can follow your progress. I would love to be able to follow along and see how you do each weekend. I am sure I could learn much from you.
Iluvblue

by NorCal96 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 pm

090317_SCI_narcissism2TN.jpg
090317_SCI_narcissism2TN.jpg (12.63 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
NorCal96

by dittoz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am

Congratulations to Norcaluvr - your first post and you hooked one!

Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Old Darter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am

Im not going to keep posting on this

And then on you go for another few paragraphs rambling a new story. Your original post said they only had one team. Subsequent posters proved you wrong and now you've adopted their position as if that's what you had been saying all along.

We now know the answer to the this statement
The list above shows you were either 1) not competing in NorCal 2) weren't competitive in NorCal 3) only paid attention to you own division.

It's 4) All of the Above.

If you are a glutton for punishment, you will post again. It's 60-40 odds.
Old Darter

by lv2earat8 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 pm

All hail the new KING!
NOBODY!
I mean NOBODY will talk crap on “The Magic”
And I suppose “The CAL” will soon be off limits also.

All hail King OLD DARTER!!!!!!!
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by anonlooker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Iluvblue wrote:You just joined and your first post is this???????

I never liked to fish.

Must be cuz YOU'RE THE FISH!! :lol: :lol:
Attachments
little_fish.jpg
little_fish.jpg (24.37 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by 454Malibu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Wow! I'm kind of afraid to comment in this post! :o All I could give you was my input on the 14U teams I saw over the Summer and last year. Most have moved up to 16U anyway! At any rate, I did like a portion of Iluvblue's comments on getting lots of players into the line up and rotating a bit. All the girls need critical game situation experience! I say this even though my Daughter starts and plays her fair share of games. It is also a prelude to what I expect we will see in showcase tourney's this Fall. By the way, where does Iluvblue coach?
454Malibu

by Skarp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 pm

454Malibu wrote:By the way, where does Iluvblue coach?

On Mount Olympus.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal