Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Nor Cal in a nutshell

by onlooker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Great job today NFCA.

MADNESS STOPPED!!!!!

You got 6 days to get your blessed 10U, 12U or 14U daughter verbaled or you are waiting til she is older than 16 (in most cases). Good Luck.

Now go ask your year round daddy coach WTF we are going to so cal for 6 times this summer?

Spend your money how YOU want, not how some daddy wants you too.
onlooker

by Hinky » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 am

NCAA passed legislation for D1.
Showcase tourny's will still happen, college coaches
Will still come to watch who
to recruit 14u & up.

Coaches only have limited time frames to come watch for recruitment. They will not wait till last minute to start looking.
They may not be able to start conversation regarding an offer
....but they will still have eyes on the athletes.

Families may feel even more compelled to attend college showcase camps for exposure.

This only effects a small % of D1
athletes who received
early recruitment offers.

The "New Junior Jam" will
probably be a recruitment freenzy of families attending
several colleges for campus visit
all in same time frames now.
Where previously the top seeds had already passed that threshold, and will then take first in line status with all the rest during the same time frame.
Ie: longer line waiting for top seeds & families to sort through colleges and offers...

Bottom line such a small % of D1 colleges were doing early recruitment...it will hardly affect the bigger picture.
Hinky

by onlooker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

Hinky wrote:NCAA passed legislation for D1.
Showcase tourny's will still happen, college coaches
Will still come to watch who
to recruit 14u & up.

Coaches only have limited time frames to come watch for recruitment. They will not wait till last minute to start looking.
They may not be able to start conversation regarding an offer
....but they will still have eyes on the athletes.

Families may feel even more compelled to attend college showcase camps for exposure.

This only effects a small % of D1
athletes who received
early recruitment offers.

The "New Junior Jam" will
probably be a recruitment freenzy of families attending
several colleges for campus visit
all in same time frames now.
Where previously the top seeds had already passed that threshold, and will then take first in line status with all the rest during the same time frame.
Ie: longer line waiting for top seeds & families to sort through colleges and offers...

Bottom line such a small % of D1 colleges were doing early recruitment...it will hardly affect the bigger picture.

New parents are easy to pick out as they say a lot of things that really are not the reality, that I have lived.

the NFCA already cut out Thanksgiving to Memorial Day, just several months ago.
They just stopped early recruiting.
The NFCA thinks most are doing it and it needs to stop, hence their rule changes!!!!!!

And you say: Bottom line such a small % of D1 colleges were doing early recruitment...it will hardly affect the bigger picture

You clearly dont get it. Im really not trying to get in a keyboard war with you, You give me good info to counter however,. I am now feeling a little sorry for you and your DD. You have proven over and over again in this post you really have no idea (you didnt know who the NFCA was a short while ago)......just stop, dont sugar coat it. If you are playing year round for a 10U dad in Nor Cal you really are just taking time up with the sport. Which is not a bad thing, but get real with how it works. QUICKLY,.
onlooker

by Hinky » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm

you are posting in an open discussion forum that includes everybody's opinion and feedback.

yes I have always known what the nfca is and I know what the NCAA is. SO.....you are wrong! especially in assuming I am new to softball.

you are welcome to protest as much as you like. just as I am or anybody else has the right to speak up and share our opinions and feedback!

I think it's hilarious that you want to stop something that many many people and families want to do and that is play travel ball softball at a Competitive level and look forward to playing competitive softball in college.

as far as the new recruitment rule for the NCAA d1

while colleges athletic department cannot be involved an informal campus visits. And colleges cannot talk about financial offers with athletes. All other conversations will still be occurring. The college coaches will still be evaluating players at earlier ages. Players will still come do college campus visits. they will still talk with coaches. there will still be conversation on player evaluation at earlier ages
before junior year September 1st occurs for the players. people should know that college coaches will still be attending travel ball venues showcases and camps and Clinics. colleges and college coaches will still be hosting their own camps and clinics that players will be allowed to go to even before your junior year September 1st you do not have to wait until your junior year.
Additionally the date for official campus visit has been moved up to an earlier date/time. the official date is now much earlier!. Which means at that official campus visit all softball athletes will be able to accept scholarship at an earlier date officially then they were previously.!!!!

Btw- :lol: damn funny comment about playing 10U for someone up in NorCal laughing laughing laughing laughing
Hinky

by Hinky » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm

what's that you wrote onlooker that the nfca has "cut out"the Thanksgiving tournament and Memorial Day tournaments.???

:lol: Again laughter erupts :lol:
Those tournaments will always exist.
Even if they get bumped from one weekend to the next weekend
they will still happen !!!!!!

maybe you should check with
TCS
PGF
ASA
ASSSA
AFA
FASA
and any other sanctioning softball tournament organizers!
because there are already posted tournaments for Thanksgiving Day shootout! Annual Memorial day classic Tournaments! Ect....
These events are still happening!!!!

back in the day we used to play softball on Thanksgiving Day. But that changed decades ago!
Hinky

by Hinky » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Here are numbers to reflect
% athletes affected from
the d1 new recruitment rule.
Teams per division-
286- D1 sb team programs
264- D2
392- D3
205- NAIA
470- NJCAA
#'s from quick google search

* not all d1 programs were
doing early recruitment offers.
* number of d1 teams represents only 17% of all sb programs.
* greater majority 80% of players dont play d1.
* colleges during recruitment only looking to fill 1-2-3 maybe 4 spots per year. And again not all d1 colleges did any early recruiting.
* huge majority of all colleges
wait for academic scores befor making any offers.
* only d1 & d2 offer athletic $.

Simple math. In the bigger picture the new guideline does not really affect that many athletes yearly. If you are referring to it affecting many people because you think there's a Madness to playing softball? A madness to participating, by choice, in a chosen sport....and a Madness to want to play in college and EARN a scholarship to participate in that chosen sport. Well.....Good News!!!
That is all going to continue happening!!!!

EMBRACE THE MADNESS.
Hinky

by onlooker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Hinky wrote:what's that you wrote onlooker that the nfca has "cut out"the Thanksgiving tournament and Memorial Day tournaments.???

:lol: Again laughter erupts :lol:
Those tournaments will always exist.
Even if they get bumped from one weekend to the next weekend
they will still happen !!!!!!

maybe you should check with
TCS
PGF
ASA
ASSSA
AFA
FASA
and any other sanctioning softball tournament organizers!
because there are already posted tournaments for Thanksgiving Day shootout! Annual Memorial day classic Tournaments! Ect....
These events are still happening!!!!

back in the day we used to play softball on Thanksgiving Day. But that changed decades ago!

You really are struggling with how this works. Step away from the keyboard.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. I clearly said the NFCA stopped recruiting Thanksgiving THROUGH Memorial Day just several months ago. I did not say Thanksgiving AND Memorial Day. Man, you really are missing it. You would know that if you understood what the NFCA did and what dates are in play. There will be NO coaches at ANY games between Thanksgiving and AFTER memorial day weekend. That is 6 months if your math is as shady as your reading. Go ahead and run your team down to so cal for the memorial day festivities, where NO coaches will ever be again.

READ CLOSELY: The NFCA just stopped the madness! lol
onlooker

by Hinky » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 am

:lol: ha true the recruiting months have changed but the tournaments still exist. Tournament Madness!!!

the nfca has about 5,500 members. they are a group who supports the development and Communications in the softball community. anyone can join the nfca. Simply purchase a yearly membership!.
the NCAA is the group that passes legislation in softball rules/restrictions /guidelines!
Not everyone, nor anyone, can be part of the NCAA. No yearly
Memberships available!

Yes the NCAA listens to feedback from these groups like nfca. Scc.ect.

onlooker aka Sally Struthers
while trying to pick at me.
saying I don't know what I'm talking about or making an assumption that I'm new to softball, you have abandoned your topic.
your discussion forum is
'NorCal in a nutshell' you tried to group our community in one glob with your thinking. So i shared additional thinking outside of your nutshell. Added to the discussion....topics of interest to the softball community. IMO early recruitment was definitely not for everybody. it was also a non-binding verbal agreement that either party could step away from without any repercussion. The fact it was happening a small % percentage of the time is important to the discussion that you choose not to reflect on. So that's fine for you, but this discussion is not just your personal Facebook page. there are other readers with different interest and perspectives.

reminder one of the
nfca core values is
* respect for a diverse Fastpitch community.
(from nfca website)

Im sure you understand that. it means all of the diverse thinking is included, facts & opinions!
Hinky

by hooper » Thu May 03, 2018 8:40 am

In line w/the thread of overzealous softball. A read between the lines - I saw the WBW 14u squad bragging @ a 2nd place finish at a TCS tourney (which btw missed most of the big teams by ~1wk). The blurb commented that the pitcher went for 24 innings that day. Whats going on there? What parent would want their 13yr old kid throwing ~500 pitches in a day - presumably after a previous day of at least one showing. Moreover, w/ more than 20 kids on the squad, what are the other pitchers doing? Parental/coach unit fail on both sides of the coin in pursuit of 2nd place - way to go warriors.
hooper

Previous

Return to NorCal