Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Nor Cal in a nutshell

by Hinky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

Good Stuff Moose
plenti assortment of teams for folks to pick and choose from with different schedules.
glad to see someone being upfront about their standards...

If you can't make it to sb. Practice or games because you're going to go do another sport that weekend you may not fit in as a team member. If you're going to play a team sport.....see if your schedule can make a solid commitment. especially in California,travelball tends to be a year-round sport unlike some others. thankfully you have opportunities like City leagues that span only a few months at a time. also the city leagues offer multiple Sports.

up in Northern California there are rain brakes.
So cal many teams take 2/3 weeks off in dec/jan. and end of Aug/Sept.
Hinky

by onlooker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am

Hinky wrote:Good Stuff Moose
plenti assortment of teams for folks to pick and choose from with different schedules.

If you can't make it to sb. Practice or games because you're going to go do another sport that weekend you may not fit in as a team member. If you're going to play a team sport.....see if your schedule can make a solid commitment. especially in California,travelball tends to be a year-round sport unlike some others. thankfully you have opportunities like City leagues that span only a few months at a time. also the city leagues offer multiple Sports.

While being up front about team requirements can be commended.....
The people who matter, that is the NFCA, do not agree with you, at all. These 10U and 12U daddies playing year round
have NO CLUE of the psychological or physical demands and outcomes of these young girls playing year round. NO CLUE, yet parent after parent drink the potion!

Rain Breaks are NOT the breaks from the sport that the NFCA desires.....goodness. if you want to MAKE your daughter a power 5 softball player for YOUR dreams, you can keep shoving this cr@p down her neck. they are kids.

STOP THE MADNESS
onlooker

by Hinky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:53 pm

onlooker wrote:

The people who matter, that is the NFCA, do not agree with you, at all. These 10U and 12U daddies playing year round
have NO CLUE of the psychological or physical demands and outcomes of these young girls playing year round. NO CLUE, yet parent after parent drink the potion!

Rain Breaks are NOT the breaks from the sport that the NFCA desires.....goodness. if you want to MAKE your daughter a power 5 softball player for YOUR dreams, you can keep shoving this cr@p down her neck. they are kids.

STOP THE MADNESS
the national Federation of coaches association NFCA are not the governing body of softball. Its ridiculous to say the NFCA are the ones that matter! the softball players, the coaches and the families are the ones who matter. In fact there are coaches who are part of the NFCA who coach their teams in the same manner of the post in this discussion....you have a choice to pick what you prefer vs.what someone else would prefer...and still you complain. :shock:
Stop YOUR Madness!!!!
Hinky

by onlooker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Hinky wrote:
onlooker wrote:

STOP THE MADNESS
the national Federation of coaches association NFCA are not the governing body of softball. Its ridiculous to say the NFCA are the ones that matter! the softball players, the coaches and the families are the ones who matter. In fact there are coaches who are part of the NFCA who coach their teams in the same manner of the post in this discussion....you have a choice to pick what you prefer vs.what someone else would prefer...and still you complain. :shock:
Stop YOUR Madness!!!!

Put the keyboard away :) I didnt expect it to be this easy. C'mon now. Google can be your friend. Based on your reply, I suspect you are really really new. That is ok, You are not the target of my MADNESS rants. The daddy coaches who act like they have to play year round are. In addition to those daddies, those parents who think their 10U or 12U coach really knows what he/she is doing in the landscape of Fastpitch softball. Only you can decide if that shoe fits.

All that being said, I encourage to go look at who the NFCA is when it comes to the sport we are discussing here. And then you will probably say to yourself, or at least I hope you admit to yourself (not me!) That you really have no clue of the Fastpitch landscape.

This is exactly why I wouldn't let some daddy send me down a trail I have NO KNOWLEDGE OF.

You See, These are the coaches who matter as THEY ARE THE ONES WHO RECRUIT our daughters. The National Fastpitch Coaches Association. good luck

STOP THE MADNESS!
onlooker

by onlooker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Here you go:

https://nfca.org/
onlooker

by Hinky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes i get your rant...
"too much on kids"....
My simple point...
"you have a choice."
Well aware of NFCA....and not all of those coaches are of the same opinion as you! And all of them happy to recruit Talent regardless of when they started playing travel ball or how much.
*Hey check out Ca. Tryouts 10u
Unlike nor-cal with all age bracket tryouts together,
in so cal 10u is intense with teams.... I do agree the pace of year-round softball especially at an early age can be too much for some people. and they should take at least a 2-3 week break twice a year at least. but the fact remains, the reason it exists is because so many people want to do it.
Good luck with your ranting!!!!
Hinky

by onlooker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Hinky wrote:Yes i get your rant...
"too much on kids"....
My simple point...
"you have a choice."
Well aware of NFCA....and not all of those coaches are of the same opinion as you! And all of them happy to recruit Talent regardless of when they started playing travel ball or how much.
*Hey check out Ca. Tryouts 10u
Unlike nor-cal with all age bracket tryouts together,
in so cal 10u is intense with teams.... I do agree the pace of year-round softball especially at an early age can be too much for some people. and they should take at least a 2-3 week break twice a year at least. but the fact remains, the reason it exists is because so many people want to do it.
Good luck with your ranting!!!!

"you have a choice" yes.
You were not well aware of the NFCA, that is pretty clear by your answer.
The NFCA speaks, based on voting of the members!!!!! So, yes, we are both (that's me and the NFCA, not you) on the same page. Did you read anything there? or are you just assuming they are all Nick Saban???? goodness

The problem (that I and the NFCA reference) is NOT relegated to Nor Cal... your point about So Cal 10U teams just proves my point more. Thanks!
onlooker

by Hinky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanku for acknowledging everybody has a choice rec or travelball. Well guess by your opinion....we will see if 10u travel ball gets expunged from existence or put on limited restrictions :lol:
It could happen....but probably not
Hinky

by Hinky » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 am

Update-
39 - 10u teams already invited for PGF nationals. From multiple states across the nation.
Hinky

by VicFerrari » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm

I agree. Speaking only for myself, my daughter makes a snail look motivated. We spend almost as much in softball fees as we do food. The constant practices,friendlies and physical activity are detrimental to those precious calories. Chewing by itself must burn at least 20 calories a year, can you imagine what running might do? As far as the team bonding and healthy human to human interaction, it just cuts into time spent on the phone or starring at a computer. You'll rarely injure yourself playing video games. The coach who was refferenced at the beginning of this conversation is still at it. Growing, learning and getting better. My kid can't keep up and I'm blaming him
VicFerrari

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal