Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NEW ASA POLICY ON SELECTING USA SOFTBALL JUNIOR TEAM

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Aah, it's a terrible thing. The first casualty in war is always the innocent.

Actually, once they're in college they can still be eligible right? If not for Junior team then for the women's team? So maybe they can just skip their senior year of travel ball, since kids of this caliber already have full-ride deals in place, then play some college ball and be eligible for the national teams.

And let's face it, this affects hardly any players, if you're looking at the big picture. Of the hundreds of 18u teams, how many players have a realistic shot at this team? I guess a lot more different ones, now that all the PGF players aren't eligible, but still. Maybe a hundred, out of several thousand? And out of those hundred maybe 40 get invited to try out, and of those maybe 15-20 make the team. 99% of the players won't be affected at all, so that's a good thing! It almost makes this not newsworthy! :lol:

It's probably good for Canada, Australia, Japan, China, and all the other teams the U.S. usually beats up on, and should make the international game more competitive, which is also a good thing. Mercy rule games get boring after a while. :)
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Dowhatulike wrote:All PGF Has to do is adjust their schedule as far as qualifiers and championship dates...........doesn't Asa already have their Dates already set way ahead?This way you still have the opportunity to play both.

Your suggesting that PGF will play cat and mouse with ASA over qualifer dates, and then the PGF board members will take their teams to play in ASA qualifiers? Hmmm... :lol:

More likely that kids who play for PGF teams won't make it on the JNT until they go off to college, but that's only like a year so big deal. :mrgreen:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Battle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:Aah, it's a terrible thing. The first casualty in war is always the innocent.

Actually, once they're in college they can still be eligible right? If not for Junior team then for the women's team? So maybe they can just skip their senior year of travel ball, since kids of this caliber already have full-ride deals in place, then play some college ball and be eligible for the national teams.

And let's face it, this affects hardly any players, if you're looking at the big picture. Of the hundreds of 18u teams, how many players have a realistic shot at this team? I guess a lot more different ones, now that all the PGF players aren't eligible, but still. Maybe a hundred, out of several thousand? And out of those hundred maybe 40 get invited to try out, and of those maybe 15-20 make the team. 99% of the players won't be affected at all, so that's a good thing! It almost makes this not newsworthy! :lol:

It's probably good for Canada, Australia, Japan, China, and all the other teams the U.S. usually beats up on, and should make the international game more competitive, which is also a good thing. Mercy rule games get boring after a while. :)

Once ASA figures out a way to take this war to the college recruiting, and I can guarantee you that they are thinking about it, it might get ugly. I really hope that never happens.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:00 pm

ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:In the world of ASA, JO ball is a blip on the radar. ASA's big cash cow is slow pitch. The number of slow pitch players across the country dwarfs fastpitch. ASA can do as they want with fastpitch with no real effect on themselves.
In the big picture we don't really matter.

That may be true about slow pitch but if fastpitch doesn't matter then why would they do this?

A. Ego
B. Arrogance
C. Control
D. All of the above

Who are we talking about here. ASA changes their gate fee and PGF is credited for it. Now, ASA protects what's theirs, are you going to credit PGF for this?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Battle wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:In the world of ASA, JO ball is a blip on the radar. ASA's big cash cow is slow pitch. The number of slow pitch players across the country dwarfs fastpitch. ASA can do as they want with fastpitch with no real effect on themselves.

That may be true about slow pitch but if fastpitch doesn't matter then why would they do this?

A. Ego
B. Arrogance
C. Control
D. All of the above

Who are we talking about here. ASA changes their gate fee and PGF is credited for it. Now, ASA protects what's theirs, are you going to credit PGF for this?

Protects what's "theirs"???

That statement wreaks of A - D.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:

A. Ego
B. Arrogance
C. Control
D. All of the above

Is it not true?
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:

A. Ego
B. Arrogance
C. Control
D. All of the above

Is it not true?

Is what not true? Because it sounds to me like you're saying ASA owns girls fastpitch softball.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:27 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Is what not true? Because it sounds to me like you're saying ASA owns girls fastpitch softball.

I'm not saying they own all of it. Just their part.
Battle

by CoachJaimie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Playing Tit for Tat. What about some coach just picking up a PGF player and putting her on the ASA roster but she doesn't necessarily have to play or maybe even be there, just on the roster.
CoachJaimie

by Battle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

CoachJaimie wrote:Playing Tit for Tat. What about some coach just picking up a PGF player and putting her on the ASA roster but she doesn't necessarily have to play or maybe even be there, just on the roster.

Yep...It seems like a good idea...For now.
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch