Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF goes on record

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by freetacos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 pm

AI...what is this "our" crap?

"Not a surprise that is your read on things ft. Did you actually state 1) Our profits are more so our pockets are deeper than yours so our lawyers win"

Dude, I am not afiliated with ASA in any form or fashion. Now that can be changed if they choose to pay me... :lol: :lol:

ft
freetacos

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Battle wrote:
By denying these athletes the opportunity to qualify for selection for the National Team, ASA violates the basic rights of these athletes, who are scrupulously protected by the USOC, Section 9.1 of the Bylaws.

ASA’s policy also violates the USOC’s requirements that ASA, as the designated NGB, designate a process for the fair selection of athletes. See Section 8.7(f) of USOC’s bylaws.

The bylaws were put in place to protect discrimination like gay rights, race, etc...Not to protect other sanctions.

Says you. The bylaws were put in place for a lot of reasons. I read 8.7 and do not see anything that indicates it is only about discrimination, gay rights, race etc. Good luck with your interpretation.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm

jonriv wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:Not a surprise that is your read on things ft. Did you actually state 1) Our profits are more so our pockets are deeper than yours so our lawyers win, and 2) That it should be about the girls; in the same paragraph? That's awesome.

Looks to me like a letter written at the request of the USOC, giving ASA a chance to do the right thing.

I suspect you are right, ASA will not alter course based on this letter. They seem to have barely noticed any of the other events that have transpired over the last 5 years, this will likely be the same.

Fortunately the sport can move forward even with ASA soundly sleeping at the switch. The little JNT bump in the road will certainly not amount to anything.

What Is and What Should Never Be

I will go on record again that I think ASA's policy in this matter is wrong.

I doubt it was written at he request of the USOC- would they not just contact ASA themselves? My guess is that during an Olympic year USOC could care less about a non-olympic sport like softball and some pissing contest between two softball orgs.

To FT's point- if PGF is going to write a lawyer-like letter, might as well have a real lawyer do it and make it legit.

BTW- I like the Led Zep reference!

If you write an organization like USOC, a typical response would be that you have not given the problem organization a chance to address the issue. USOC would likely ask you to formalize your complaint in an email, and wait to see how ASA deals with what you wrote them.

I am not saying this then compels ASA in anyway. Just that it is typical if you work at a place like USOC, that you get a ton of these types of issues all the time, that you would encourage the party with the concern to contact the other party with a written request, before you involve USOC much.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 pm

freetacos wrote:AI...what is this "our" crap?

"Not a surprise that is your read on things ft. Did you actually state 1) Our profits are more so our pockets are deeper than yours so our lawyers win"

Dude, I am not afiliated with ASA in any form or fashion. Now that can be changed if they choose to pay me... :lol: :lol:

ft

If you were affiliated with ASA, there would be no need for PGF. Here is the exact equation: ASA + freetacos = Win!

Anyway, take the ours out of it. You stated one party has more profits, then therefore deeper pockets, so their lawyers win and then you accused the other side of not being 'about the girls'. That was part that was awesome.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Battle wrote:
By denying these athletes the opportunity to qualify for selection for the National Team, ASA violates the basic rights of these athletes, who are scrupulously protected by the USOC, Section 9.1 of the Bylaws.

ASA’s policy also violates the USOC’s requirements that ASA, as the designated NGB, designate a process for the fair selection of athletes. See Section 8.7(f) of USOC’s bylaws.

The bylaws were put in place to protect discrimination like gay rights, race, etc...Not to protect other sanctions.

Says you. The bylaws were put in place for a lot of reasons. I read 8.7 and do not see anything that indicates it is only about discrimination, gay rights, race etc. Good luck with your interpretation.

The intent as they pertain to the fair selection of athletes.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Battle wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
Battle wrote:

The intent as they pertain to the fair selection of athletes.

You must be reading a different document. I am reading this one.
http://www.teamusa.org/~/media/TeamUSA/Documents/Legal/2011%20NGB%20Best%20Practices%20Seminar/Effective%20Governance/USOC%20Bylaws.pdf
In particular in statements like 8.5:
c) develop a strategic plan that is capable of supporting athletes in achieving sustained competitive excellence, and growing the sport;
d) establish a written procedure, approved by the corporation, to fairly select athletes and team officials for the Olympic, Paralympic or Pan American Games teams, and, upon approval, timely disseminate such procedure to the athletes and team officials;

As far as (c), everyone can easily argue that excluding PGF athletes will definitely, without discussion, decrease competitive excellence.

As far as (d), you are mistaken to cast that as about race/religion etc. If it was even, in anyway shape or form about race/religion, they would have loved writing those terms into the rule.

I suspect this has come up for the USOC in the past. I suspect, no way, can the rule on the side of the organization that is trying to pigeon hole this for their own profit making. If they did, you would see one organization in every sport and that organization would be the only organization in the sport.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

As sad as this issue is...shoot me some numbers as to how many girls this will actually effect negatively.
How many kids that have the skills to play on jnt will be left out?

The original op makes it sound like there are thousands of girls that are getting thier hearts broken. What is the reality?

This is about pgf wanting some of the asa money pot. I'm not even saying that it is a bad thing but don't use the smoke and mirrors to make it look like something else. Call it like it is and folks might have more respect for pgf.
Nothin wrong with makin a buck.

ft

hmm.. lets see how long it takes the apologist to start crying foul. :lol: :lol:
freetacos

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:34 pm

freetacos wrote:As sad as this issue is...shoot me some numbers as to how many girls this will actually effect negatively.

The original op makes it sound like there are thousands of girls that are getting thier hearts broken. What is the reality?

This is about pgf wanting some of the asa money pot. I'm not even saying that it is a bad thing but don't use the smoke and mirrors to make it look like something else. Call it like it is and folks might have more respect for pgf.

ft

hmm.. lets see how long it takes the apologist to start crying foul. :lol: :lol:

Doesn't really matter what PGF wants. The point is that ASA as a monopoly is just bad for all of the rest of us.

Screw them.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm

freetacos wrote:As sad as this issue is...shoot me some numbers as to how many girls this will actually effect negatively.

Why does the number matter?

The reality is that percentage wise, many of the best players in the country are left out
This is about pgf wanting some of the asa money pot.
How is making the qualifying process equitable become a revenue source and profit center?
I'm not even saying that it is a bad thing but don't use the smoke and mirrors to make it look like something else. Call it like it is and folks might have more respect for pgf.

ft

ontheblack

by freetacos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Which ever abc org puts on the qualifiers is the one that makes the bucks...That's all this is about.

Now seriously...shoot me some factual numbers...20? 500?
It's all bs. Talk about wearing blinders. :o :o

ft
freetacos

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch