Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NEW ASA POLICY ON SELECTING USA SOFTBALL JUNIOR TEAM

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Makina wrote:This is really an unfortunate farce that ASA is now pulling. The big bully on the block is now throwing it's weight around!! Now if they had announced this would affect next year Jr. team then at least it allows players to make a choice.

So this will probably create a free agent system, whereby if your team does not qualify for ASA championship level play, then you just go sign-up with a team that has qualified. What team that aspires to win would not take a top 30 player onto their roster.

If history repeats itself the Big Bully on the Block always gets beaten in the end!! I guess the best 30 players from So Cal will not be invited to the Jr. team for try-outs by the sound of this posting!

Them's fightin' words, mister!

They'll have to get thru their bodyguards...Battle, MTR and texASAyellowrose first! ;)

I guess you guys think that the NCAA was bullying the AIAW back in the early 80s? :roll:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Battle wrote:
Makina wrote:This is really an unfortunate farce that ASA is now pulling. The big bully on the block is now throwing it's weight around!! Now if they had announced this would affect next year Jr. team then at least it allows players to make a choice.

So this will probably create a free agent system, whereby if your team does not qualify for ASA championship level play, then you just go sign-up with a team that has qualified. What team that aspires to win would not take a top 30 player onto their roster.

If history repeats itself the Big Bully on the Block always gets beaten in the end!! I guess the best 30 players from So Cal will not be invited to the Jr. team for try-outs by the sound of this posting!

Who is ASA "bullying"?

"Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior manifested by the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when the behavior is habitual and involves an imbalance of power."
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

They'll have to get thru their bodyguards...Battle, MTR and texASAyellowrose first! ;)

I guess you guys think that the NCAA was bullying the AIAW back in the early 80s? :roll:

And I'll bet you like the BCS. :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:Curious if you know how many generations does "family heritage" allow for?

Depends on the country because they would have to be a citizen. To play in the Olympics, Chris Kaman became a German citizen based on his great-grandparents. I goofed and based my original answer on the much looser World Baseball Classic rules which do not require them to actually be a citizen.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

LOL...What does the BCS have to do with women sports?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm

PGF tried to be the bully, but were stood up to and the crying began. Keep your invite/showcase and take the medicine.

If you want to play on the JNT, then play ASA, follow the rules and shut up. Did you expect ASA to be pushed and not push back? I am sure the PGF did.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing =A warning to others stating that if an altercation is to be avoided than they should cease acting in a provacative manor.
Attachments
Will Smith.jpg
Will Smith.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 4237 times
TexasYellowBall

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Don't be coy, Battle. I know you understand my point.

A bully is a bully, whether its name is NCAA or ASA or whatever.

I actually stopped watching college football for a long time because the old boys' network at the NCAA wouldn't listen to what the fans wanted and give us a playoff. The recent 4-team playoff is a step in the right direction.

A direction that was asked for 20+ years ago.

Bullies.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:42 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:PGF tried to be the bully, but were stood up to and the crying began. Keep your invite/showcase and take the medicine.

If you want to play on the JNT, then play ASA, follow the rules and shut up. Did you expect ASA to be pushed and not push back? I am sure the PGF did.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing =A warning to others stating that if an altercation is to be avoided than they should cease acting in a provacative manor.

All we need is MTR here and the ASA bodyguard coalition will be complete!

Like clockwork I tell you... :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Don't be coy, Battle. I know you understand my point.

A bully is a bully, whether its name is NCAA or ASA or whatever.

I actually stopped watching college football for a long time because the old boys' network at the NCAA wouldn't listen to what the fans wanted and give us a playoff. The recent 4-team playoff is a step in the right direction.

A direction that was asked for 20+ years ago.

Bullies.

:lol: Yes we have no bananas and I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a pancake or a girl in a bikini or...uhm...oh hell, whatever it was that Anonlooker used to say... :lol:
Battle

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:PGF tried to be the bully, but were stood up to and the crying began. Keep your invite/showcase and take the medicine.

All we need is MTR here and the ASA bodyguard coalition will be complete!

Like clockwork I tell you... :lol:

Let's not pretend that PGF is lacking in it's share of sycophants. This is Heybucket after all. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch