Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NEW ASA POLICY ON SELECTING USA SOFTBALL JUNIOR TEAM

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:53 pm

jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Battle may be right on that last one. You have a choice. If you choose not to participate, that is your choice, made freely, and you can't blame (or sue) ASA or anyone for your decision.

edit to add of course you can sue, for anything. It's America.

The timing is an issue. By releasing this statement so late in the summer, they have taken a player or a teams decision away from them and thus not allowing thousands of players the ability to be eligible to participate. The only peoe ASA is hurting is the girls themselves.

I agree, the timing sucks. It also sucked for most of us when PGF scheduled their qualifier the same weekend as ASA's previously schedule qualifier. The beat goes on the girls get hurt.

Essentially you're saying this grievance is a one-off type deal this year only, and going forward players will have a choice as to their participation and eligibility. I doubt anyone is going to court over that scenario.

And realistically, everyone had the opportunity to participate this year, some did, some didn't. The ones who chose not to are now complaining. It sucks, I agree, but you can't say they didn't have the opportunity. The players allowed their team managers to make the decision for them. Sucks for the players.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Battle » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Battle may be right on that last one. You have a choice. If you choose not to participate, that is your choice, made freely, and you can't blame (or sue) ASA or anyone for your decision.

The timing is an issue. By releasing this statement so late in the summer, they have taken a player or a teams decision away from them and thus not allowing thousands of players the ability to be eligible to participate. The only peoe ASA is hurting is the girls themselves.

I agree, the timing sucks. It also sucked for most of us when PGF scheduled their qualifier the same weekend as ASA's previously schedule qualifier. The beat goes on the girls get hurt.

Essentially you're saying this grievance is a one-off type deal this year only, and going forward players will have a choice as to their participation and eligibility. I doubt anyone is going to court over that scenario.

And realistically, everyone had the opportunity to participate this year, some did, some didn't. The ones who chose not to are now complaining. It sucks, I agree, but you can't say they didn't have the opportunity. The players allowed their team managers to make the decision for them. Sucks for the players.

True and let us not forget the head to head national dates. You can't make me believe, that wasn't on purpose. It would seem that PGF was taunting ASA to some extent. You know, teaching them a lesson. Now you throw TC in the mix....well...

For the record...I'm not for this in anyway. I hope ASA reconsiders.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by ontheblack » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:

Not true. These rules were just changed.

Can someone educate me on what the JNT selection policy/criteria was for 2011?
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:41 pm

ontheblack wrote:

It is true. Name one player or team that ASA excluded from participating in their qualifiers this year.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by ontheblack » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 pm

http://www.softballfactory.com/national ... n-program/
USA JUNIOR NATIONAL TEAM IDENTIFICATION
All players from the event will be submitted to the ASA/USA Junior National Team selection committee for future consideration. The ASA/USA selection committee will monitor all Softball Factory players and their development as they create their roster for the National Team.

There now seems to be a slight discrepancy on the SB Factory site with what writing them a check and having an ASA registration number will get you.

For those that think a lawsuit wont work, now we are talking fraud.
ontheblack

by ontheblack » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
ontheblack wrote:

It is true. Name one player or team that ASA excluded from participating in their qualifiers this year.

Nice try, but way off the mark. The JNT is about the player, not the team. Read the Softball Factory info in my previous post. They take money with the promise of being eligible for the JNT. No mention of team qualifications at all.

Any player who paid them and is now ineligible because of a team decision has a lawsuit. My bet is this goes class action.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 pm

ontheblack wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
ontheblack wrote:

Nice try, but way off the mark. The JNT is about the player, not the team. Read the Softball Factory info in my previous post. They take money with the promise of being eligible for the JNT. No mention of team qualifications at all.

Any player who paid them and is now ineligible because of a team decision has a lawsuit. My bet is this goes class action.

Count me in.

And PGF, TCS, NSA and whoever else, keep this in mind. The game belongs to the girls. Any actions contrary to that will be dealt with accordingly by their parents.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Does any of this amount to a hill of beans to anyone other than the 20 players that will be on on the JNT?
Sounds like a pretty mimiscule percentage of the total player pool.

Correct. Except it probably matters even more to the 20 players that would have been on the JNT.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
ontheblack wrote:

Count me in.

And PGF, TCS, NSA and whoever else, keep this in mind. The game belongs to the girls. Any actions contrary to that will be dealt with accordingly by their parents.

This Softball Factory probably warrants it's own thread, I agree they may have a problem with how they word and implement their marketing deceits.

To stay on topic, as to the highlighted part, the player makes the choice. By allowing her team manager to act as her proxy, that is still a choice made of her free will. If she elects not to fulfill all the requirements for participation, that is her choice. Slightly problematic for this year due to the timing, as noted earlier. Other than that, I doubt there are so many players affected by this to effect a class action lawsuit.
Trophy Hunter

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Does any of this amount to a hill of beans to anyone other than the 20 players that will be on on the JNT?
Sounds like a pretty mimiscule percentage of the total player pool.

Correct. Except it probably matters even more to the 20 players that would have been on the JNT.

If they care that much they should play ASA. I doubt most of them do. And it's not like these players won't be welcomed to any team they want to join up with.
Trophy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch