Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Nationals Invitations/Berths

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Mr. Case Batbuster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 am

Am I reading this correctly on the PGF website regarding the number of teams that attended PGF Nationals last year and the number of teams that have automatic invites/berths this year?

18U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (37)
18U Platinum: 2017 teams (56); 2018 teams with invites/berths (47)
16U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (33)
16U Platinum: 2017 teams (44); 2018 teams with invites/berths (55)
14U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (33)
14U Platinum: 2017 teams (40); 2018 teams with invites/berths (50)

That's a whole lotta automatic berths. In fact, 16U Platinum and 14U Platinum have more teams with invites/berths than the total number of teams they had last year...
Mr. Case Batbuster
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I just don't get the :shock: when PGF does this...What did you expect? Did you actually expect that they would hold true to their word when it started?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Platinum is Platinum. It’s like ASA B Nationals but thanks for pushing Ol’ Battle’s button

LOL...Glad to see you're still skating. Round and round you go Spazy.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Hinky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Overwatch wrote:Am I reading this correctly on the PGF website regarding the number of teams that attended PGF Nationals last year and the number of teams that have automatic invites/berths this year?

18U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (37)
18U Platinum: 2017 teams (56); 2018 teams with invites/berths (47)
16U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (33)
16U Platinum: 2017 teams (44); 2018 teams with invites/berths (55)
14U Premier: 2017 teams (72); 2018 teams with invites/berths (33)
14U Platinum: 2017 teams (40); 2018 teams with invites/berths (50)

That's a whole lotta automatic berths. In fact, 16U Platinum and 14U Platinum have more teams with invites/berths than the total number of teams they had last year...

Add the hotel mandatory reservations $$$$$$$....
Who gets the kick-back on that?
Hinky

by SwingMan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Traveling Teams does NOT provide a discount for their service and these stay to play events. PGF takes their negotiated room rates then marks them up - Traveling Teams/Hotel rates are what PGF has decided. Not only a kickback on the initial business, they are also making money by marking up the hotel rates!
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 am

The answer is pretty simple. If you don’t think it’s worth it, don’t go? PGF is not a charity and they will charge what the market will bear. Obviously enough believe their product to be worth it.

Although I understand some of the frustration that has been expressed on HB over the years about PGF, as long as teams keep going they will keep charging.
jonriv

by Tyler Durden » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:30 am

Agreed. Since ASA got exposed and sh1t the bed, PGF is operating solo in a seller's market. Triple Crown doing some decent stuff too, but PGF Nationals is the pinnacle.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Wed May 02, 2018 7:26 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Agreed. Since ASA got exposed and sh1t the bed, PGF is operating solo in a seller's market. Triple Crown doing some decent stuff too, but PGF Nationals is the pinnacle.

Same teams playing in pfg
Also playing triple crown...so throughout the year can see the same level of softball at both.
Pgf 'premier' at nationals Pinnacle.
Triple Crown always uses much better fields in so cal.
Pgf fields can very from:
8 inch lawn in the outfield,
Home plates with chunks missing,
Jail cell type backstops,
Palm tree growing behind home plate,
remember one year pgf speaking to the coaches from Hawaii checking out a pitcher at a field that had half the plate missing
and you couldn't stand behind home plate because the wiring of the fence had a big gap and was turned up so the ball could shoot through. Classy!!!! 8-)
Hinky

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Hinky wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Agreed. Since ASA got exposed and sh1t the bed, PGF is operating solo in a seller's market. Triple Crown doing some decent stuff too, but PGF Nationals is the pinnacle.

Same teams playing in pfg
Also playing triple crown...so throughout the year can see the same level of softball at both.
Pgf 'premier' at nationals Pinnacle.
Triple Crown always uses much better fields in so cal.
Pgf fields can very from:
8 inch lawn in the outfield,
Home plates with chunks missing,
Jail cell type backstops,
Palm tree growing behind home plate,
remember one year pgf speaking to the coaches from Hawaii checking out a pitcher at a field that had half the plate missing
and you couldn't stand behind home plate because the wiring of the fence had a big gap and was turned up so the ball could shoot through. Classy!!!! 8-)

OK, so we won't see your team there. Until the college coaches don't come the money machine will continue to eat. Simple as that.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Wed May 02, 2018 4:02 pm

yeah especially that the college coaches are showing up you'd think pgf would use quality fields. Or atleast prepare the ones they do use better.

As for pgf field choices...
I get it they rent the fields from cities blah blah blah. Still Pgf represents pgf when hosting.
atleast take a moment to repair the giant sand pit holes in the batter's boxes.
Water and press the dirt...
Supposed to be top notch right
8-) 'premier & platinum'
Hinky

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch