Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

again pgf drops teams

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Hinky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:05 am

once again multiple teams sign up for pgf event. planned in advance on their schedule for their players and Families. Only to find out 5 days before the event pgf tells them you are not included in the tournament we do not have Fields available.
beware just because you sign up, send your check in, put it on your schedule, doesn't mean you actually have a
spot!

Shame on you pgf....

people talk about teams that drop out of Friendly's at the last minute as being rude. your lousy excuse of no fields is pathetic ! you keep doing this over and over to teams. If its true??? Then host a tournament with the fields you know you do have. Limited availability
Is better than you flaking on teams!!!!
Hinky

by ecsoftball » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Where.was that?
ecsoftball

by Hinky » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

So Cal.
Heard from a couple coaches it was over 20 teams, one coach said 26 that were told no spot/ no field.
Pgf tourny (not qualifier) was scheduled the same weekend as the Massive Triple Crown Zoom into June tourny.
Hinky

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Best way to avoid that from happening register early!!! We register and pay as soon as the qualifiers are posted never once have I had that happen to me, true story!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by onlooker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

While registering early can help... Hinky, I will remind you what I have already said to you

A 10U or 12U coach who is practicing 10 times up in Nor Cal in December is just another one of those coaches who dont matter in So Cal, let alone in Nor Cal. This should NOT be a surprise to you. You get exactly what you pay for. I dont know what age group you are in, but if 14's or less, i see it as a lot of money on families for minimal or no return. (I am not talking about the joy of a team road trip, those memories and experiences are things that last a lifetime. so if that is only agenda in this sport, keep at it.)

Let me ask you this....

Do you think if PGF would have gotten you a field at one of those shitty middle schools, you would not have posted this?
Sounds to me like they did parents of teams affected a GOOD SERVICE by not having them play as you would have gone to so cal top play in front of NO ONE on shitty fields against teams who also are not on the list of colleges to go watch,. This is par for most teams who "think" they need to go down there.

Ask your coach these questions. If you are content with the answers, then keep worrying about fields in SO Cal. If not, find a coach up here who wont spin your wheels with promises of recruiting trips to So Cal,

1. Why are we going to So Cal? (odds are you will hear to play better competition to see where we stack up and to get recruited). Would love to hear one, just ONE say. We are doing it for the team experience and give the girls and families a memorable trip. I of course have NEVER heard that.
2. Do you have "any" schools (coach - JC to D3 to D1, I repeat, ANY) that you have contact with and know they will be at our games?
3. Of our opponents (not orgs, but the actual teams we will be pooled with), will they attract any schools to come?
4. Do you know PGF well enough that they will give you a field even if they run out of fields?

If 2, 3 and 4 are NO, then the only people to blame are those writing the check for the fantasy of all the recruiting that happens in So Cal. Good Luck on your path, PGF, ASA< Triple Crown, heck, NSA are all businesses.
onlooker

by Hinky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 pm

did not happen to me.
did include include multiple teams that I know and a whole bunch of players and Families!

onlooker, you have no idea who I am, nor do you know how many decades i have been in softball.

obviously you are addressing a whole bunch of other people in your rant, hopefully you clarifying your opinion will help others!
Hinky

by Hinky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Hey Onlooker,,,
what's your story? Why are you involved in softball when you hate it so much.
Do you have a daughter that plays softball or are you just an activist?

why don't you try and stop the bullet train in California or help lower taxes or get rid of the extra gas tax . Or try and tackle the homeless issues in California.

there's so many different venues for people to play softball in. why do you feel that you have to attack and demote what other people want to do?

seriously asking why are you involved in softball when you are so against how everything is ran? 'If'you had been involved in softball for many years you would have seen that sb has grown! it has changed! there are. newer standards. for the masses it's something people want to do! but I don't think you've been around softball very long, probably only a couple years . for someone with such limited amount of time involved
your naivety shows because you ignore the hundreds of thousands of people who love it and thrive in the softball travel ball world. If you had been around longer you may have seen and observed changes and rules and strategies of how softball has developed.

I do believe everyone should have an opinion but you seem to want to ignore that people have the opportunity to make decisions for themselves in going the direction they want to.
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Onlooker- Don't you dare question one of the all-time greatest softball minds-Hinky!!! If you don't believe he's a softball genius, just ask him. I mean this as a compliment.
C77fastpitch

by Hinky » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:34 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Onlooker- Don't you dare question one of the all-time greatest softball minds-Hinky!!! If you don't believe he's a softball genius, just ask him. I mean this as a compliment.

your sarcasm is funny....
too bad for you C77, you just can't take a compliment when saying your posts are entertaining. very to the point c77 .... I have read how people have brutally attacked you verbally here on heybucket and really threw you under the bus multiple multiple times. In fact obviously people are still throwing you under the bus by posting little warnings about your past on heybucket. So if you look back on one of my post I commented everyone deserves an opinion that includes you and the replies. as well I did seriously offer you a compliment,I think because you're always on the defensive and then attacking you couldn't realize that it was actually a true compliment even if you don't want to be taken as entertaining it was not meant as mean but that is your mentality or rather thought process about things on heybucket as it appears by your writings. however when you bash on people its not worth the time at all...
easy fix!!! see your logo and pass right on by.....
Hinky

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch