Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF invites are insane

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by newbie101 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 am

Wow I look at PGF Nationals site and they have given 30+ invites in each age division for the premier side & looks like almost 50 invites in each age div. on the platinum side. Makes you kinda wonder, is this more of an invitational showcase or an actual National Championship.

Looking a little deeper, I see some of these teams with invites advertising for a P1 & a starting Catcher to play in PGF National? Even worse I have seen ads that say looking for SS/OF/P/C for PGF Invited team, If you need a P1 and a Catcher why are you even going to PGF? Why did that team get a birth?

I think that when PGF 1st started the invites were going to be for the 1st few years only and then all would be earned, man has that gone with the wind.

While I am on this rant, I also look at some of the qualifiers and NV & AZ are just riddled with CA teams, Wouldnt it be nice if they would just add two more qualifiers to CA so families would not have to spend so much money, You might even wind up getting a few more teams from NV & AZ to earn spots in the "National Championship"
Just a thought.

All that being said it still is a monster event just not a fair playing field. :lol:
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 pm

Nuh uh...You're kidding...PGFers bitching about PGF invites? Say it ain't so...Well at least there is an airport nearby. :mrgreen:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 am

As I always say; “if you don’t like it, don’t go”. As long as they fill up their tourney (s) and are considered the best-why would they change? If you are unwilling to put your money where your mouth is- stop whining!!!! We have been hearing this for years, yet Premier doesn’t change. Hmmmmm, I wonder why?
jonriv

by Battle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm

If you keep on, Cali will take their ball and go home...wait...they are home... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by cr41584 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:54 am

EVERY team should have to qualify my opinion. Too many berths are given just because they know or are friends with someone associated with PGF. a PGF directors team automatically gets a berth every year to premier and i guarantee you if they had to qualify the old fashioned way they would not qualify.
cr41584
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:59 pm

If you don’t like it- don’t go or start your own tournament. That’s what the PGF guys did in response to ASA. “Complaining without a solution is whining “-T. Roosevelt
jonriv

by FC-HAGBERG » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:43 pm

I’m not a fan of exactly everything either however most big orgs are given a berth to disburse however they feel. Also if most of those teams who are given a berth were to face most of the teams out there trying to qualify they wouldn’t be happy to face them in bracket play either. I for one don’t care who is given what. My teams have gone out there and earned a PGF Premeir berth every year. My one complaint who be why not have the first or first 2 qualifiers here in So Cal where 90% of the teams are that are trying to qualify and make Arizona and Vegas the last ones. But if that’s my biggest complaint I guess I fuel up the car and go get it done....(AGAIN) good luck to everyone getting qualified and enjoy the journey. That’s part of the fun. Get your teams battle tested early. JMO
FC-HAGBERG
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Abocchino » Mon May 06, 2019 8:49 am

Where can I find listings for teams looking for 10u players for nationals?
Abocchino

by drvcm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:36 pm

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
drvcm

by Battle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
cr41584 wrote:EVERY team should have to qualify my opinion. Too many berths are given just because they know or are friends with someone associated with PGF. a PGF directors team automatically gets a berth every year to premier and i guarantee you if they had to qualify the old fashioned way they would not qualify.

You mean like back in the day when ASA would give out berths to teams to swell the field at Nationals to over 100 teams, sometimes over 150? That old fashioned way?
Bottom line there have always been good teams at Nationals, average teams at Nationals, and teams that are taking up space. In the end the best teams are battling at the end of the week to win.

LOL..This is just too rich, Spaz. You had to know this was going to happen. It's like dé·jà vu.
Battle

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch