Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF invites are insane

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
cr41584 wrote:EVERY team should have to qualify my opinion. Too many berths are given just because they know or are friends with someone associated with PGF. a PGF directors team automatically gets a berth every year to premier and i guarantee you if they had to qualify the old fashioned way they would not qualify.

You mean like back in the day when ASA would give out berths to teams to swell the field at Nationals to over 100 teams, sometimes over 150? That old fashioned way?
Bottom line there have always been good teams at Nationals, average teams at Nationals, and teams that are taking up space. In the end the best teams are battling at the end of the week to win.

LOL..This is just too rich, Spaz. You had to know this was going to happen. It's like dé·jà vu.

Agree never thought they were somehow the savior of anything but their own interest but to act like PGF is the first Org to give away spots is disingenuous .

Yep and ASA didn't start out giving 150 berths but somehow the money becomes more important than the game. Why is that?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by sftblldad25 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm

How are the At Large/Invites/Merit berths given out? Some of the choices in 12U Platinum have me scratching my head. A couple of snubs out there. Just trying to understand.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigclemdawg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:17 am

sftblldad25 wrote:How are the At Large/Invites/Merit berths given out? Some of the choices in 12U Platinum have me scratching my head. A couple of snubs out there. Just trying to understand.

my understanding teams are invited back due to how well they played in last year PGF. Some invites are given to organizations and are disbursed how organizational leaders see fit. Other then that I have no clue... which invites are you referring too?
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm

bigclemdawg wrote:
sftblldad25 wrote:How are the At Large/Invites/Merit berths given out? Some of the choices in 12U Platinum have me scratching my head. A couple of snubs out there. Just trying to understand.

my understanding teams are invited back due to how well they played in last year PGF. Some invites are given to organizations and are disbursed how organizational leaders see fit. Other then that I have no clue... which invites are you referring too?

Bigclem, I'm referring to the At Large/Invites in the 12U Platinum division. The "Returning", "Invites," "Qualified," sections are clear and your explanation makes sense. Most orgs had already distributed their org invites, and see can see the merits ones based on last years results. The "At Large/Invites" are the ones baffling me.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigclemdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:22 am

sftblldad25 wrote:
bigclemdawg wrote:

Bigclem, I'm referring to the At Large/Invites in the 12U Platinum division. The "Returning", "Invites," "Qualified," sections are clear and your explanation makes sense. Most orgs had already distributed their org invites, and see can see the merits ones based on last years results. The "At Large/Invites" are the ones baffling me.

yeah I have no Idea maybe they did a few qualifiers and didn't qualify so PGF said what the heck they gave us few grand why not get a couple more from them for good luck.
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:06 am

Platinum is the big $$$$$$$$
money maker. Since none of those teams are actually competing for a national title. Its for people who didn't make the cut. The invites, worse, are an insult to the entire pgf competitive qualifier image.
But just like anything ignorance is bliss and fake marketing prevails.
Calling things qualifiers. Pfffftttt!
notthisagain

by Hard60feet » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Any thoughts on the new "Invited List"??

A couple of NorCal Orgs that have been in the top doesn't even get 1 team invited out of the whole organization.

Batbuster-Gomes
1. 2017 18u Premier 3rd place
2. 2017 18u Platinum 2nd place

San Jose Sting

Yet, unproven teams from other Orgs get invites???

Any feedback how that Merit program is working from the Surf City Tournaments/Showcases?
Hard60feet
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Bella09SD » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 am

If PGF doesn't flip the schedule and have 16's & 18's play in week two, who really cares, there won't be D1 schools there to look at your kid anyway.
Bella09SD
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballparent60 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:35 pm

If they flip then that would conflict with Zoom to June (August).
softballparent60
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch