Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF bankruptcy rumors? being sold?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Schmick » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:32 pm

TheTownUSA wrote:
There is something you both alluded to that tipped me off as to what may have been going on with the Thanksgiving Showcase. You both said they pair the "known" teams - not the best teams, into the same groupings on the best fields. That makes sense given the cozy relationship between PGF officials and Southern CA travel ball coaches. They are going to take care of their own before considering out-of-towners, especially for showcase tournaments, where there is really nothing at stake, other than the caliber of play for college coaches to witness.

Are you attempting to say that 1st to 3rd doesn't do the exact same thing with the No Cal teams that they will favor?

What about IDT, IDT only invites the same teams and organizations every year. And the TCS Power Pool at Sparkler is also the known teams

The Vegas Showcase last November had teams from Arizona, Utah and So Cal in the same pools, they just put all the highest ranked teams, based on how they have done at PGF/Surf City events, in the same pools to provide better viewing opportunities for the scouts.

TCS does the same with Zoom in to June, the best teams based on TCD rankings play each other at the same park so the scouts don't have to drive all over the Inland Empire to see the best players
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:52 pm

"And if you get lucky enough to play them in an event, and you get all hyped up about all the college coaches watching the game, just remember that they are probably not there to see your players..."

This would be a good topic to have it's own thread. There are some TB coaches on this forum that have had experience with players being recruited. It might be beneficial if they could offer their perspective on the process. Beneficial in the sense that there are some TB coaches out there trying to sell parents a load of bullshit about how they can help get their daughters be seen by college coaches, without actually knowing any college coaches. I once had to sit through a team/parent meeting and listen to that speech, but knew it wouldn't serve any useful purpose to call bullshit. We just had a good laugh when it was over.

There are a couple of basics to start with, like your daughter should never choose a college just because of it's softball program. If your daughter wants to be a marine biologist when her playing days are over, she may want to rethink that full ride to Nebraska or Oklahoma. Also, if she is a 2020 third baseman and has her heart set on UCLA, but they already have an All American 2019 third baseman hitting in the four spot, she may want to consider another school. D1 schools have 12 scholarships for their softball team, and if they typically carry 20 players, do the math. 4 of those players may get a full ride, and everyone else gets to share. Lastly, what's their graduation rate for student athletes? Did I miss anything?
TheTownUSA

by Spazsdad » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:36 pm

xyzdude wrote:
From what I see is so-called top teams from large organizations try to avoid playing smaller or not known organizations. They worry about their image that could come from losing to a lesser known team and can explain losses to teams that are considered top tier. The only chance smaller organizations have a crack at so-called top tier is in tournaments because it never happens in friendlies

It all depends on your perspective. When you are trying to get there, it does seem like the "elite" teams don't want to play you. You are just trying to get a shot and know that, if you played the better teams you would do just fine and soon be among them. Then, when you are there you see the other side when teams play you in a friendly or pool game and you are going with number 4 pitcher (just to keep her parents quite and give her a few innings - or perhaps hoping she bombs so her parents will just shut up about her being the next big pitching prospect) and the other team pitches their number 1 for the complete game. You bat everyone and they bat nine. You work on things to prepare for the next big tournament and they are playing each inning likes it's the seventh game of the world series. Then you shake hands following the game and tell the coach, good job. And the next day it is blasted all over social media and forums that so and so team beat you and why all the fuss about your team, etc. Just a matter of perspective.

Also, those "elite" teams are always trying to play the best teams to get better. It is probably not a fear of losing - it is a matter of preparing for the big games and major championships. I seriously doubt that those coaches really care who they play in a tournament. And if you get lucky enough to play them in an event, and you get all hyped up about all the college coaches watching the game, just remember that they are probably not there to see your players...

This is gold Jerry.
Is it a perfect system? No
Are there great players on average teams? Yes
Can anybody win any game? Almost true many times.
But all in all the scenarios described are spot on accurate
Spazsdad

by TheTownUSA » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:48 pm

Schmick wrote:
TheTownUSA wrote:
There is something you both alluded to that tipped me off as to what may have been going on with the Thanksgiving Showcase. You both said they pair the "known" teams - not the best teams, into the same groupings on the best fields. That makes sense given the cozy relationship between PGF officials and Southern CA travel ball coaches. They are going to take care of their own before considering out-of-towners, especially for showcase tournaments, where there is really nothing at stake, other than the caliber of play for college coaches to witness.

Are you attempting to say that 1st to 3rd doesn't do the exact same thing with the No Cal teams that they will favor?

What about IDT, IDT only invites the same teams and organizations every year. And the TCS Power Pool at Sparkler is also the known teams

The Vegas Showcase last November had teams from Arizona, Utah and So Cal in the same pools, they just put all the highest ranked teams, based on how they have done at PGF/Surf City events, in the same pools to provide better viewing opportunities for the scouts.

TCS does the same with Zoom in to June, the best teams based on TCD rankings play each other at the same park so the scouts don't have to drive all over the Inland Empire to see the best players

I was fixin' to write another rebuttal and then I realized it was all moot. There isn't going to be any softball this fall, so what's the point? The way this administration has continued to bungle the coronavirus pandemic, week after week after week, our kids may not play organized sports until NEXT fall. My daughter's volleyball season has been pushed back to December, in theory. I'm not holding my breath.

Hey, since we won't be having any softball this fall, can we change the subject to education? If any of you have kids in public high schools, are you considering other forms of education if your school drops the ball with the distance learning? I'm not talking about GPA, I'm talking about teaching them requisite math and English skills so they can score high on their SATs? That's a legit question, so if you have any thoughts I would appreciate hearing them.
TheTownUSA

by sdiamond » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:05 pm

The C4 Mesquite Showcase for August 20-23rd is now the C4 Prescott Showcase.. C4 is a relatively new entity he has been doing Showcases for almost 3 years now in CA and Mesquite. Mainly Juco D2 and NAIA schools and there have been a few D1's. Mesquite is great nice fields very reasonable hotel prices. I dont know why its was changed to AZ. Prescott's Hotels are 3 -4 times the amount a night and its a 61/2 hour drive compared to 4hrs..

Desperate times for 2021 girls not signed yet....
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:23 pm

China Flu is not Trump's fault
Ebola was not owebama's fault
SARS was not Bush's fault
And other than a handful of cases, herpes and syphilis were not clinton's fault

The administration that dropped the ball on Kung Flu was gavin newscums administration. The curve had gone down until newscome allowed hundreds of thousand of rioters and looters to burn and destroy their neighborhoods over something that didn't even happen in the state.
It was newscums mentor brown that got rid of the emergency hospitals and respirators Governor Schwarzenegger had in place because brown and newscum would rather waste 26 billion dollars a year on illegal immigrants and their progeny than spend 2 million a year keeping the emergency hospitals and respirators at the ready.

My kids go to private schools because public school teachers are lead by idiot administrators and retarded bureaucrats more interested in placating leftist scumbags in politics and propagandizing mindless snowflakes than teaching actual history, science, mathematics, engineering or physical education. The private school had morning pledges, zoom lessons and have private tutoring available so the students do not fall behind
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Schmick wrote:China Flu is not Trump's fault
Ebola was not owebama's fault
SARS was not Bush's fault
And other than a handful of cases, herpes and syphilis were not clinton's fault

The administration that dropped the ball on Kung Flu was gavin newscums administration. The curve had gone down until newscome allowed hundreds of thousand of rioters and looters to burn and destroy their neighborhoods over something that didn't even happen in the state.
It was newscums mentor brown that got rid of the emergency hospitals and respirators Governor Schwarzenegger had in place because brown and newscum would rather waste 26 billion dollars a year on illegal immigrants and their progeny than spend 2 million a year keeping the emergency hospitals and respirators at the ready.

My kids go to private schools because public school teachers are lead by idiot administrators and retarded bureaucrats more interested in placating leftist scumbags in politics and propagandizing mindless snowflakes than teaching actual history, science, mathematics, engineering or physical education. The private school had morning pledges, zoom lessons and have private tutoring available so the students do not fall behind

My kids went to a private Catholic school for the first 9 years of their formal education, but when touring the private high schools, talking to other parents and through empirical observation, we came to realize there is a certain degree of douchebaggery that is ingrained in young adults that attend private high school.

One of my daughter's middle school classmates transfered to Mater Dei in Santa Ana. She had already transformed into a self-absorbed asshole after she hit puberty, so Mater Dei was a natural fit. They now live in Huntington Beach, so that should tell you something. She was a great athlete, but not the sharpest tool in the shed. She was awarded green participation ribbons for her 7th and 8th grade science projects.

I have to be honest with you. Sometimes I fantasize about how much easier life might be if someone would sneak up behind me and smash me over the head real hard with a baseball bat. Then I could see the world as simplistically as you do. If just for one day, it would be kind of nice.

Ignorance may be bliss, until it smacks you across the face like this Trump Virus hit America. Now everyone will suffer from his ignorance, and that includes your children as well as mine, regardless of where they go to school. The stain of Trump will be with America long after we are both gone from this earth, and there ain't a damn thing we can do about it now.
Last edited by TheTownUSA on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTownUSA

by Spazsdad » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:46 pm

sdiamond wrote:The C4 Mesquite Showcase for August 20-23rd is now the C4 Prescott Showcase.. C4 is a relatively new entity he has been doing Showcases for almost 3 years now in CA and Mesquite. Mainly Juco D2 and NAIA schools and there have been a few D1's. Mesquite is great nice fields very reasonable hotel prices. I dont know why its was changed to AZ. Prescott's Hotels are 3 -4 times the amount a night and its a 61/2 hour drive compared to 4hrs..

Desperate times for 2021 girls not signed yet....

NV closed the fields
Spazsdad

by DirtyRiders » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:25 am

Hey Town..instead of reciting Liberal talking points why don’t you be specific. What has Trump been ignorant about? What stain exactly will us and our children have to deal with? And try not to answer with something you heard on CNN. You must be smarter than Fauci because under oath yesterday at a congressional hearing he stated the actions of the President has saved lives. See how that’s not a talking point.....Fauci’s words not mine.
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:28 am

Start a new thread in the Pub boys
Spazsdad

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch