Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF bankruptcy rumors? being sold?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Spazsdad » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Capone wrote:looks like travel ball will get even more expensive :D

Remember when SoCal TB teams had to travel. We chased ASA all over the country. I have players now that have never left the state other than maybe a trip to CO.
Spazsdad

by jonriv » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Capone wrote:looks like travel ball will get even more expensive :D

Remember when SoCal TB teams had to travel. We chased ASA all over the country. I have players now that have never left the state other than maybe a trip to CO.

Maybe time to start the SGF. Spaz Girls Fastpitch
jonriv

by TheTownUSA » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm

I may be wrong about this, but the owner of PGF knew this deal was in the works for awhile. When they moved Zoom into June to the same week as the 14U/12U national championships, and canceled all of their qualifiers, they had a pretty good idea there wouldn't be any large softball tournaments in Southern CA this summer. If they were going to refund registration fees, they would have notified people by now. Now they have a convenient excuse not to.
TheTownUSA

by jonriv » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:15 am

TheTownUSA wrote:I may be wrong about this, but the owner of PGF knew this deal was in the works for awhile. When they moved Zoom into June to the same week as the 14U/12U national championships, and canceled all of their qualifiers, they had a pretty good idea there wouldn't be any large softball tournaments in Southern CA this summer. If they were going to refund registration fees, they would have notified people by now. Now they have a convenient excuse not to.

Perhaps legally they were unable to disclose during negotiations and were instructed not make any large monetary transactions until the deal was done? That’s very common in these kinds of deal. Not everything is a conspiracy.
jonriv

by Schmick » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 am

PGF honks are saying that "no money was exchanged" in this merger.

If there was no money exchanged, why couldn't PGF give refunds for tournaments that didn't take place and therefore didn't cost PGF any money?

If there was no money exchanged, why didn't PGF keep the name PGF?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:49 am

Schmick wrote:PGF honks are saying that "no money was exchanged" in this merger.

If there was no money exchanged, why couldn't PGF give refunds for tournaments that didn't take place and therefore didn't cost PGF any money?

If there was no money exchanged, why didn't PGF keep the name PGF?

1) If they did not receive any money-they might not have any to pay out or during a period of the negotiation and closing they were required to freeze spending.

2) There is always money spent before a tournament is actually held

3) Perhaps the owners of PGF were given equity in the acquiring company, perhaps some future considerations-a common practice.

I know it's fun to gossip and speculate of all terrible and salacious things that might have happened, but sometimes reality is a little less interesting. PGF built a niche business that from all observations looked very successful. It is one thing to have a successful small business, it is another thing to grow into a major business. The founders probably started to realize that in order to grow they were going to need a huge influx of capital and expertise they might not have had. The acquiring company probably wanted to get into the premier softball marketplace and saw this as a way of buying access and expertise.

I am sure it will all come out.
jonriv

by SDTitans » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:20 am

From reading the press release, it stated that each will still continue to grow their own entities.. To me that says PGF still exists, and PG also.. they just created a new entity called PG Softball.. .. maybe I am wrong in how I interpreted it
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by xyzdude » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:42 am

I know it's fun to gossip and speculate of all terrible and salacious things that might have happened, but sometimes reality is a little less interesting. PGF built a niche business that from all observations looked very successful. It is one thing to have a successful small business, it is another thing to grow into a major business. The founders probably started to realize that in order to grow they were going to need a huge influx of capital and expertise they might not have had. The acquiring company probably wanted to get into the premier softball marketplace and saw this as a way of buying access and expertise

Jonriv, the truth is PGF was not sold to anyone. They are forming a new venture that will help softball players communicate with and be seen by college coaches. They are doing this with a partner who has an excellent reputation and track record in doing the same sort of things in baseball. To me, this is could be a great step forward for the softball community because it is giving the girls access to some of the same technology and metrics that the boys have been using for quite a while. Obviously high school baseball players are being recruited by professional teams as well as colleges so they have had more resources invested in the process than has been done in softball. I seems to me as this is an investment (by both PGF and PG Baseball) in the sport not a retreat from it. There are lots of folks who resent the owners of PGF because they came up with an idea ten years ago, executed on it, and created something that has been successful and important for the sport. Only time will tell if this new venture is successful but isn't it a good thing when folks invest in the sport?

I guess I don't get all the negativity...
xyzdude

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm

PGF is still PGF.
PG is still PG.

PG Softball is the new partnership to enhance player and recruiting capabilities including rankings, live streaming capabilities etc.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm

All National qualifier refunds have been issued. Surf City refunds by end of this week. Regionals/Nationals will be forthcoming.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch