Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Why Friday play?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Backnine » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:29 am

Some/Most school are not OK with kids missing for sports.
The math​
ADA = Sum of Attendance Counts ÷ Days of Instruction.

So, if a student misses nine days during the 180-day school year, the district loses 5 percent of the funding a student with perfect attendance would generate.

ADA is not the same as enrollment. Enrollment is the total number of students signed up to attend the school. ADA reflects how often those enrolled students actually go to school.

The bottom line​
Your school loses money when your child is absent. At the same time, the school must still pay for teacher and staff salaries, operations, building maintenance, electricity, and all the other expenses involved with running the school.

So there are two good reasons—educational and financial—to aim for a great attendance record.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Basing school funding on daily attendance is asinine Stupid bureaucratic policies are not a factor I take into consideration when making decisions as to what is best for my family.
Of course I sent my kids to private school to avoid the nightmare of public edumacation
Spazsdad

by Backnine » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Looks like PGF lamented and changed the schedules so that first games will be played Friday at 3:30 pm. Good job PGF.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch