Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF v. ASA

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by EzOut.EzOut » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:10 am

Your right, it's not "trophy hunting" anymore. Now it's called "resume building". As PGF works to establish itself, everyone still is covering their bases and competing in whatever ASA events don't conflict.
EzOut.EzOut

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

SRM wrote:I bet if you emailed or called one of the powers to be with ASA they would listen to your concerns as I did. The person I spoke with listened to all my concerns and help me see a bit from there side. I would not bash a person just because they dont get on a message board. I think PGF will actually help ASA become an even better program as everyone needs a wake up call now and then. PGF is having to build something from the ground up and ASA already has things in place at a National level they just need to make some changes. It is easy for PGF to make sudden changes on the go as their BOD only has a few people unlike ASA as they have a nation wide council. PGF needs its props as they have been building a good little program and hopefully they continue as teams need more than one place to play. I am curious if the two groups can work together as there are enough teams for both groups to be succesful.

To me anyways it seems as ASA has been listening and starting to make some changes. They placed the 18 Gold in San Diego which is a great location. The person I spoke with also stated that the ASA/USA will now be in a rotation so each year there will be one in each territory and he stated the 16U would be in the west in 2013.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents as I have watched this thread grow. To me it sounds like a good problem for the game as we the customer are going to beneift.

There was a really good thread started by umpSteve where he asked for input for ASA. I could not find it, but I thought it did a good job of summing up the issues of working with ASA.

Many coaches have tried to work with ASA. They are open to input, but not on those things which actually need to change. For instance, asking for changes in how tournament locations, or reductions in the length of the tournament and those items do not even make the agenda.

There are some very smart people at ASA like umpSteve, MTR. are very aware of what is happening. The problem is that they are locked into a political structure that just does not allow for change in those critical areas.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 am

EzOut.EzOut wrote:Your right, it's not "trophy hunting" anymore. Now it's called "resume building". As PGF works to establish itself, everyone still is covering their bases and competing in whatever ASA events don't conflict.

The original premise, that you have a big dog team that could compete at the PGF level. You choose instead to go to ASA, knowing the better teams will be off at PGF, just to win a trophy. That to me is trophy hunting. You call it resume building if you like.

Bottom line is you strap that trophy to the front of your Schwinn bicycle and ride around town tooting your horn, it is not going to get you the attention you think it will.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Old Darter wrote:
MavFan wrote:
3Bsnag wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
arkansassoftball wrote:The Houston Qualifier may have been weakly attended by 14U, but the 16u and 18u was loaded with strong competition, especially since ASA 16A and ASA Reg 7 Gold Qualifiers were both also going on in Tx. There were 27 teams in 16U and 36 in 18U at the Houston Premier Qualifier and the teams that Qualified are teams most people know as stronger teams.

I somewhat disagree with the level of competition at the 18 HS division in Houston. Several of the top teams in the area chose to go to the Gold qualifier in College Station. Sudden Impact, Glory Adkins, Tx Peppers, Tx Bombers, FW Batbusters, and both Houston Power teams. Those teams, in addition to Tx Impact and Tx Magic were much better than most of the teams that qualified at the PGF qualifier in Houston.

With all due respect to the Kaos team that qualified at PGF, they wouldn't have finished in the top 15 in College Station Gold qualifier.

If I were a team from Tx, and knew all the top teams were going to PGF, I'd go ASA Gold too. At least I'd stand a better chance of getting the trophy.

If you was from TX, the property value would go down so please stay where you are. :mrgreen:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by cleanup77 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 am

I hope we get an answer on this question Mr. Haning, What happened to the other 2 bids from the Northeast Qualifier No. 1 14u? Only 2 were given out(to Nightmare and team from North Carolina), the field had 12 teams. I hope it's not pick and choose- I believe the tournament charged 625.00 per team-the website refuses to list the forth berths-like EVERY OTHER QUALIFIER-COME ON PASS THE BIDS TO NEXT IN LINE IN THE TOURNAMENT.
cleanup77

by Joe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 am

Battle wrote:If you was from TX, the property value would go down so please stay where you are. :mrgreen:

Mangling the English language tends to distract from your punch line...
Joe

by anonlooker » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:55 am

cleanup77 wrote:I hope we get an answer on this question Mr. Haning, What happened to the other 2 bids from the Northeast Qualifier No. 1 14u? Only 2 were given out(to Nightmare and team from North Carolina), the field had 12 teams. I hope it's not pick and choose- I believe the tournament charged 625.00 per team-the website refuses to list the forth berths-like EVERY OTHER QUALIFIER-COME ON PASS THE BIDS TO NEXT IN LINE IN THE TOURNAMENT.

Did you send him an email?

The 14u Nationals list shows Lady Lightning (NC) and Nightmare (PA) have begun registration... seems odd that the champion Lunachicks aren't on the list, and it looks like the 4th berth would go to Jersey Flames, also not on the list. Are they not attending? Maybe they haven't decided yet?

If those last two decline their berth(s), it seems they would pass down to Insanity (NJ) and/or Newtown Rock - Blue (PA), depending on the tiebreaker, and on whatever rule is in place regarding the third and fourth berths being passed down.

I'm sure if you send Gary an email he will reply. Maybe not this weekend, as he is running three qualifying tournaments in SoCal, and is, after all, only human. :shock:

If you require an more immediate answer, contact Jim Barsalona, the TD. jim@teamnjsoftball.com

Be sure to let us know how things work out.

btw, a website, in and of itself, can't refuse to list anything. It's only a website, and has no free will.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by cleanup77 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 am

Here is what I do know, Lunachicks broke up, Jersey Flames,and Newtown Rock Blue are going to Pony Nationals, I did email Mr. Barsalona and Haning/Hay and never got a response,so there should be two bids to pass down.
cleanup77

by Battle » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Joe wrote:
Battle wrote:If you was from TX, the property value would go down so please stay where you are. :mrgreen:

Mangling the English language tends to distract from your punch line...

Well...After I posted I caught the "was"...I thought no one would notice but I should have known. Was the comma right? Is there anything else?...Here let me try again and notice the drum and symbol pop afterwards...

:lol: :lol: :lol:.....iF yOU WeRe fRom tX, tHe pROpeRty tAx WouLD gO dOwn sO pLeaZ StaY wHErE yOu aRe...buh-da-chahh... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Critique Away...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Gary Haning » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 pm

cleanup77 wrote:I hope we get an answer on this question Mr. Haning, What happened to the other 2 bids from the Northeast Qualifier No. 1 14u? Only 2 were given out(to Nightmare and team from North Carolina), the field had 12 teams. I hope it's not pick and choose- I believe the tournament charged 625.00 per team-the website refuses to list the forth berths-like EVERY OTHER QUALIFIER-COME ON PASS THE BIDS TO NEXT IN LINE IN THE TOURNAMENT.

There is one of the remaining two berths that is not going to be accepted the the other berth may be accepted and we are waiting until next week for tha team. Yes we will ask the teams farther down the list if they want to go.

Gary Haning
Gary Haning

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch