Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Required to use Premier hotels

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 am

Comp wrote:What about the local teams playing in the PGF tournament that dont need hotels? Do they have to pay the $1500 penalty for not staying at one of the events hotels?

That's a very good question. Are locals paying to stay in their own house?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by OCwildcatMom » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:27 am

ocsoftball wrote:Would you rather stay at PGF hotels or play in Midland geeezzz

Okay my question is, where is the 14u Div. going to play? Is Hemet on the horizon?
OCwildcatMom

by PDad » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

OCwildcatMom wrote:Okay my question is, where is the 14u Div. going to play? Is Hemet on the horizon?

From viewtopic.php?p=189058#p189058:

dhay wrote:During the actual championship week we will only use four major complexes.

1. Huntington Beach Sports Complex
2. Fountain Valley Sports Complex
3. Bill Barber Park, Irvine
4. Harvard Park, Irvine

The 14U division will most likely be played at the Fountain Valley Sports Complex and Harvard Park. The 14U championship game will be played on Saturday evening at Deanna Manning Stadium, Bill Barber Park. All games, in all divisions, will be covered by iscore or something similar.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe Dirt » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 am

Darkcloud, the reason they require teams to stay at their hotels is because they either get some cash, like a commission, or they get comped rooms for umpires etc... At least that is what someone said and it sounds reasonable. If you don't stay at these hotels then you can pay and stay somewhere else. If you don't pay then you probably will not be there the following year. Just figure it in as part of the cost. (At least they are not sneaky about it). If the cost is too high, don't play in the premier. There are several others to choose from (and there are other costs there as well). I just don't understand why people complain. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Simple solution. If the majority of teams don't mind then it will be a success, if the majority doesn't then it will fail. The market will decide. It seems to me that it will succeed. With or without the complainers. Have you ever noticed that there are people complaining about every tournament. Not everyone will be happy all the time. That is the way it is. Ok, just my two cents. BTW, the area that the Premier is played in is probably one of the best areas for a family vacation, so have fun.
Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet - He who feared, he would not succeed, sat still.
Joe Dirt

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 pm

BenAround wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
I think it is kudos to PGF for capping the dollar amount they expect to make on teams, $1500. It does not get more transparent.

WOW

Here ya go, eventhough you seem to drink too much already:

Maybe. But, in the end you have to recommend an alternative. What are you suggesting people do, attend ASA?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Anyone remember back when this shit was fun?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm

It was bull$hit when ASA did it and it is bull$hit now when Premier is doing it. No reason to justify it other than it puts money in somebody's pocket. Funny how people on this board who complained about ASA doing it, will support Premier doing it. Its crap.

Stay where you want to stay. If you don't get invited back next year after you qualify in one of their tournaments, you trash them....maybe even sue them. Play somewhere else that is more accomodating.

It Premier keeps doing crap like this, folks will find a better alternative....which is what they thought Premier was when they left ASA in droves. The marketplace will weed out suppliers who don't accomodate their customers.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Nobody is required to play. Premier can require anything that it wants for participation in its tournaments, and if a participant breaches the terms of participation then Premier isn't required to honor its side either. There's no viable lawsuit there.

That said, I would prefer that these organizations just charge a straightforward entry fee that makes it worthwhile for them, and then supplement with revenue sources that don't depend on mandating participant conduct. These are expensive trips. They often constitute families' annual vacations. That folks are not allowed to define the experience for themselves is, to my mind, offensive.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 pm

DonnieS wrote:Anyone remember back when this shit was fun?

Vaguely.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Skarp wrote:Nobody is required to play. Premier can require anything that it wants for participation in its tournaments, and if a participant breaches the terms of participation then Premier isn't required to honor its side either. There's no viable lawsuit there.

That said, I would prefer that these organizations just charge a straightforward entry fee that makes it worthwhile for them, and then supplement with revenue sources that don't depend on mandating participant conduct. These are expensive trips. They often constitute families' annual vacations. That folks are not allowed to define the experience for themselves is, to my mind, offensive.

I would agree if you were notified prior to paying for the qualifier. I'm betting that a team might have a case if this information is unknown to them until they have already sent their money in for the National tournament and then the organizer tells them....oh....by the way.... you have to overpay for hotel rooms for your team and only stay at tournament approved hotels.

People have viable cases and sue over stuff they don't have to have. It has little to do with it.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch