Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier Girs Fastpitch Insurance

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Tony » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:07 pm

PGF PLAYER PICTURE ID CARDS, PGF COACHES PICTURE ID CARDS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS AND PGF INSURANCE WILL BE THE ONLY ITEMS ACCEPTED AT CHECKIN. WE "WILL NOT" ACCEPT ANY FORM OF ASA IDENTIFICATION OR ASA INSURANCE

I was wondering why you singled out ASA only, what about other organizations that maybe teams have insurance with. Would have looked better if you would have said only excepting PGF ID & Insurance, sounds like you may have a little grudge here.
Tony

by Sam » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Tony wrote:PGF PLAYER PICTURE ID CARDS, PGF COACHES PICTURE ID CARDS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS AND PGF INSURANCE WILL BE THE ONLY ITEMS ACCEPTED AT CHECKIN. WE "WILL NOT" ACCEPT ANY FORM OF ASA IDENTIFICATION OR ASA INSURANCE

I was wondering why you singled out ASA only, what about other organizations that maybe teams have insurance with. Would have looked better if you would have said only excepting PGF ID & Insurance, sounds like you may have a little grudge here.

You've got to give it to them. They bashed ASA for years and now they ARE ASA. Mandatory insurance, mandatory hotels...what's next......Nationals in Palm Springs? They have succeeded in ignoring history and telling their customers to kiss their collective a$$e$. They have become the enemy they once despised.

The definition of a moron is one who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 pm

PGF PLAYER PICTURE ID CARDS, PGF COACHES PICTURE ID CARDS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS AND PGF INSURANCE WILL BE THE ONLY ITEMS ACCEPTED AT CHECKIN. WE "WILL NOT" ACCEPT ANY FORM OF ASA IDENTIFICATION OR ASA INSURANCE

I was surprised to see this on the qualifier pages - are they really not accepting ASA cards after announcing in December they would accept them for qualifiers?

Update: It is no longer appearing on the qualifier pages.
Last edited by PDad on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Wooahhhh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:40 pm

this just keeps getting better and better.
Wooahhhh

by Joe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Sam wrote:You've got to give it to them. They bashed ASA for years and now they ARE ASA. Mandatory insurance, mandatory hotels...what's next......Nationals in Palm Springs? They have succeeded in ignoring history and telling their customers to kiss their collective a$$e$. They have become the enemy they once despised.

The definition of a moron is one who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

Pffft! Not even close Sambo. Come to Fort Worth ASA and let the little ones play under Glen Gotcher and Co...and see how bad it can get. If Premier starts booking Midland not just once, BUT TWICE...for Nationals in August (105 in the shade)...then you can continue your whining...
Joe

by Sam » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Joe wrote:
Sam wrote:You've got to give it to them. They bashed ASA for years and now they ARE ASA. Mandatory insurance, mandatory hotels...what's next......Nationals in Palm Springs? They have succeeded in ignoring history and telling their customers to kiss their collective a$$e$. They have become the enemy they once despised.

Pffft! Not even close Sambo. Come to Fort Worth ASA and let the little ones play under Glen Gotcher and Co...and see how bad it can get. If Premier starts booking Midland not just once, BUT TWICE...for Nationals in August (105 in the shade)...then you can continue your whining...

Not whining, SFB. Just pointing out some things that Premier needs to look at and actually is looking at in order to improve their product.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 am

Sam wrote:
Joe wrote:

Not whining, SFB. Just pointing out some things that Premier needs to look at and actually is looking at in order to improve their product.

And ultimately, Premier will be judged by the customers it keeps...

Let me leave you with this thought to go along with your whine and cheese...

Sunday, June 26, 2011 @ 3:35pm....109 degrees...Midland, Texas. :mrgreen:
Joe

by BenAround » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 am

Pretty sad for PGF when the primary difference in how the treat their customers is where they play their games.

Hotel shenanigans, CHECK
Pay To Play Berths, CHECK
Heavy Handed Tactics, CHECK
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 am

Anyone hosting this tournament would have a need to house incoming officials. Makes sense to cut a deal with a group of hotels and help get those rooms funded. Anyone running this tournament would do the same thing.

Pay to play berths. Again how PGF gets their 70 competitive teams is a huge improvement over what was happening for the 170 non competitive teams at ASA.

Requiring insurance from your association only makes common sense. Nothing heavy handed.

Anyone starts a nationals they will do the exact same things and they are clearly within reason.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:Anyone hosting this tournament would have a need to house incoming officials. Makes sense to cut a deal with a group of hotels and help get those rooms funded. Anyone running this tournament would do the same thing.

ANYONE ? Sounds like a desperate BROAD statement to me. What if you just charged a single, appropriate fee UPFRONT, that would cover expenses and profit?

Pay to play berths. Again how PGF gets their 70 competitive teams is a huge improvement over what was happening for the 170 non competitive teams at ASA.

At least you now agree they are P2P berths. You fell back on the "Well PGF is doing it butt ASA does it worserer so PGF isn't as worserer as ASA" argument.

Requiring insurance from your association only makes common sense. Nothing heavy handed.

ASA insurance was good enough for the qualifiers wasn't it. That language has been removed from some of the qualifier websites after that fact. Now it's PGF insurance or nothing? OK, not heavy handed, howz 'bout slimy ???

Anyone starts a nationals they will do the exact same things and they are clearly within reason.

Step away from the big glass man with the deep voice...slowly..................
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch