Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier Girs Fastpitch Insurance

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

Nope, just saying. You have to be reasonable. Anyone, and yes, I mean Anyone, running this tournament is going to utilize the free hotel rooms to house officials. Everything is cost prohibitive without this. The dollar amount would be excessively large.

Look at it in real terms. You get 300 rooms in host hotels. That gets you 60 free rooms. No one payed anything additional. The only way you get the 60 free rooms is by joining the 300 paid rooms into a block. The hotel rates are exactly the same. The hotels are willing to kick in the 60 rooms for free. To acquire those same rooms, which are now free to everyone in the tournament, would cost 60 rooms *$100 * 5 days/70 teams or about $430 for all 70 teams in the tournament. Or, you can ask the about 35 teams traveling in to stay at one of the host hotels. You would have to be a moron to not utilize the free rooms.

I have never had a problem with ASA getting free rooms. The problem with 'ASA system' is that they allow the local hotels to charge 200% premium for the hotel rooms.

Yes, it is ASA versus PGF. You have to offer a reasonable alternative. Keep in mind PGF stated what was going on before you hear about it on a message board with endless spinning and denial that it happens. Huge improvement. Like it or not East coast is not as big on PGF yet. So this played out the way it played out.

Insurance again, a big duh. You can have the insurance money go to ASA or go to PGF. PGF prefers insurance money go to PGF, 'duh'. At about $100 per team, 20% stays with PGF, other 80% goes to bollinger, that is going to be about 70 teams * 4 age groups * $20 an extra $6,000. If you are PGF why would you want to have ASA get that money?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

ummm, everyone of your arguments is from PGF's perspective.

Also yer bending lots of truths ...
Or, you can ask the about 35 teams traveling ask ??? :lol:

The hotel rates are exactly the same. They are? Really ?? In my experience you call 3 times and get three different rates. Odds are that most of the teams could have stayed cheaper, if they were allowed to. Are you in politics ?

No one payed anything additional. No One ? Not the team that can get a better deal but has to pay a $1500 extortion fee? Not the team that passed up a better deal to AVOID the $1500 extortion fee?

If you are PGF why would you want to have ASA get that money?

Umm, we're not PGF buddy. Are you ??

If you're a team, and your ASA insurance was good enough for a qualifier, you're gonna wonder why the rules were changed for the tourney. Basically the answer you give is that PGF figured out another way to take more $$$.

Again, Every single one of your arguments is from PGF's perspective.

Take yer PGF hat off and slip on one from an attending team...................All yer starting to end up with is "At least we're not in a crummy location". Not much to hang yer hat on is it ?
Last edited by BenAround on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by Joe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am

BenAround wrote:All yer starting to end up with is "At least we're not in a crummy location". Not much to hang yer hat on is it ?

Midland, Sunday June 26th, 3:35pm...109 degrees

Plenty for my hat....
Joe

by BenAround » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 am

Joe wrote:
BenAround wrote:All yer starting to end up with is "At least we're not in a crummy location". Not much to hang yer hat on is it ?

Midland, Sunday June 26th, 3:35pm...109 degrees

Plenty for my hat....

Agreed 'cause there's usually not much else in it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:32 am

BenAround wrote:ummm, everyone of your arguments is from PGF's perspective.

Also yer bending lots of truths ...
Or, you can ask the about 35 teams traveling ask ??? :lol:

The hotel rates are exactly the same. They are? Really ?? In my experience you call 3 times and get three different rates. Odds are that most of the teams could have stayed cheaper, if they were allowed to. Are you in politics ?

No one payed anything additional. No One ? Not the team that can get a better deal but has to pay a $1500 extortion fee? Not the team that passed up a better deal to AVOID the $1500 extortion fee?

If you are PGF why would you want to have ASA get that money?

Umm, we're not PGF buddy. Are you ??

If you're a team, and your ASA insurance was good enough for a qualifier, you're gonna wonder why the rules were changed for the tourney. Basically the answer you give is that PGF figured out another way to take more $$$.

Again, Every single one of your arguments is from PGF's perspective.

Take yer PGF hat off and slip on one from an attending team...................All yer starting to end up with is "At least we're not in a crummy location". Not much to hang yer hat on is it ?

I have nothing at all in any related shape or service to do with PGF. I make no money from them, team does not get a free berth. There is no way for anyone to construe me as connected to PGF in anyway shape or form. Gary has no idea who I am, we do not communicate in any fashion. I am quite sure that I have posted things here in the past that has made PGF unhappy. PGF proper would probably have a different take on this post.

We are merely a team that is attending from out of town. We are more than happy to stay in one of the hotels PGF has selected. The rates are very reasonable. We come to that part of the country a lot for tournaments and we know the rates of the hotels. PGF has done a fine job providing a range of hotel options and the rates are within what we always pay for rooms in that area. Yeah, perhaps bid on a room on Priceline and you get lucky you can get one of these hotels for $10 less a night, but really it is not that big of deal.

Every organization NSA, ASA, PGF, USSSA, require their insurance to attend their nationals. I have never faulted ASA for that, and I am not going to fault PGF for it. It just makes common sense. Oh, BTW, most of the organizations have a waiver process. You write the league directly and they look at your request. I suspect, since everyone is buying bollinger insurance, they will have a hard time denying a request for a waiver to accept your insurance.

Currently for us, PGF is a great option. It was a no brainer to buy PGF insurance, as we planned on attending PGF the whole time.

I suspect that anyone that posts in favor of PGF, you would call them Kool-aid drinkers or question their integrity, which is fine. People are free to read what I have posted in the past and make their own judgement.

In fact, I will throw out what you are really missing about PGF. PGF must soon come up with a way of being governed by a group, including votes. Also, I believe that PGF must maintain a stated mission to find a way to work with ASA. As MTR points out, ASA is still "the national governing body". It is too the end benefit of the sport to have one very well run organization. While I had hoped ASA would see what was happening, and I still believe this is possible. Having the teams stomp off in one direction is a reasonable short term solution to the problem, but longer term thought should be applied how things can be brought back together.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 pm

IMO bitching about insurance is stupid, Ben. Accepting another org's insurance and being able to guarantee that said insurance will payoff if needed are two different things.

Considering you have been an advocate of the protection of our girls, I would think making sure insurance coverage will actually cover a kid when needed is the right thing to do. Why is this specific item an issue for you?
ontheblack

by Joe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:25 pm

ontheblack wrote:IMO bitching about insurance is stupid, Ben.

It's not bitching if you're ASA's bitch...
Joe

by BenAround » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Joe wrote:
ontheblack wrote:IMO bitching about insurance is stupid, Ben.

It's not bitching if you're ASA's bitch...

You're really off your game today Joe. Better get another protein supplement from your buddy.

OTB: If non PGF insurance was good enough for the qualifiers, why isn't it good enough for the final tourney ? I don't think that's a "bitch", it seems to be a reasonable question.

Considering you have been an advocate of the protection of our girls

Thanks for noticing. :D
BenAround

by Joe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:43 pm

BenAround wrote:I don't think that's a "bitch", it seems to be a reasonable question.

No doubt...It's a "bitch"...

BenDover.bmp
BenDover.bmp (77.75 KiB) Viewed 5115 times

When the shoe fits...you gotta wear it...
Joe

by BenAround » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 am

OTB: Still waiting................

OTB: If non PGF insurance was good enough for the qualifiers, why isn't it good enough for the final tourney ? I don't think that's a "bitch", it seems to be a reasonable question.

Joe: you are more irrelevant to this board now than ever. ZzZz.... Go back to your day job as Skarps fluffer.
BenAround

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch