Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

14U NJ/Philly qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:29 pm

jmo wrote:
2bucketdad wrote:http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tourney09/14U.php

Teams listed that were to attend...

Here is the list of 16U teams. Please note the difference in officially entered teams and those who started registration.

16U Division
Diamond State Swoop Laurel, DE
New Jersey Insanity Black Edison, New Jersey

Teams listed above are officially registered and entered into this tournament and we are in receipt of an entry form and payment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teams listed below have begun the registration process.

Jersey Intensity Farmingdale, NJ
Lakewood Firecrackers -Painter Long Beach, CA
Lower South Liberty Wayne, PA
Minor's Gold-Alvarez corona, california
Montgomery Twisters North Wales, pa
New Jersey Thunder 16U Franklin Park, NJ
Newtown Rock Blue Newtown, PA
O C Elite - Kevin Anaheim, Ca
OC Lionettes Orange, Ca
South Jersey Stingrays Somers Point, NJ
Texas Rip Fastpitch Burleson, Tx
USA Athletics Harper Long Beach, Ca

Here is the list of teams in the blind draw (playing). Please note the differences between this list and the registration lists.

New Jersey Insanity Black
Montgomery Twisters
Jersey Intensity
Lower South Liberty
Newtown ROCK Blue
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm

I noted that if your team is officially registered, there is a 50/50 chance you will play, and if you've begun the registration process, about a 33% chance you will play, and if you're from California there is a 0% chance you will play.
Oh, and if you're playing, there is a 20% chance you are also qualified for ASA.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Gary Haning » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 am

2bucketdad wrote:Yes that was the "reason" we were given. There arent many qualifying tournaments close to us on the east coast...We have a bunch of disapointed players, not to mention the families and coaches...I wish we could get some kind of explaination, the one about the 3 teams pulling out just doesnt fly, no way they would have lost money with 9 teams still attending...

Hello,

I just spoke with the people there and they said there were only 4 teams that paid, if your team was one of those please contact me.

We WOULD NOT have cancelled this if there were 9 teams.

Gary Haning
Gary Haning

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 am

2bucketdad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:2bucketdad - I know you're disappointed about the 14U being cancelled, but I think it would only be right if you edited the subject title to "NJ/Philly 14U qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10".

It's very misleading in its present form and would go a long way to lending credibility to any future posts you might want to make here...IMO.

Thanks

Sorry that was an oversite, it is corrected and I am very sorry for any confusion that that may have caused!

No problem at all...thanks 2bucketdad and good luck!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am

Gary Haning wrote:
2bucketdad wrote:Yes that was the "reason" we were given. There arent many qualifying tournaments close to us on the east coast...We have a bunch of disapointed players, not to mention the families and coaches...I wish we could get some kind of explaination, the one about the 3 teams pulling out just doesnt fly, no way they would have lost money with 9 teams still attending...

Hello,

I just spoke with the people there and they said there were only 4 teams that paid, if your team was one of those please contact me.

Gary Haning

My post/prediction from Friday:

If a few more teams pull out PGF will most likely keep the $$$ and reward the berths and you'll never even need to play.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't done it already by just giving berths to whomever is left.

Sounds like pay-to-play may be in action. But, if interest is so low, and only 3-4 teams show, and 3-4 berths were going to be awarded, I guess they are the "best" that showed up to play.

BTW: I had the "First United Championship of Karate Exercise Recreation" at my house last night. No one showed, so I won first and I am the best "First United Championship of Karate Exercise Recreation" in da world!
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:52 am

BenAround wrote:
Gary Haning wrote:

Hello,

Gary Haning

My post/prediction from Friday:

If a few more teams pull out PGF will most likely keep the $$$ and reward the berths and you'll never even need to play.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't done it already by just giving berths to whomever is left.

Sounds like pay-to-play may be in action. But, if interest is so low, and only 3-4 teams show, and 3-4 berths were going to be awarded, I guess they are the "best" that showed up to play.

BTW: I had the "First United Championship of Karate Exercise Recreation" at my house last night. No one showed, so I won first and I am the best "First United Championship of Karate Exercise Recreation" in da world!

Did you beat the Firecrackers to get it?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
BenAround wrote:

Im Glad poop face Joe is smart enough to stop posting to me.

No, he beat him self, at his house last night.

ExAcTlY!

"First United Championship of Karate Exercise Recreation" in da world!

Kinda like when no one shows for a PGF qualifier, but they get a berth anyways.
BenAround

by BenAround » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
BenAround wrote:Kinda like when no one shows for a PGF qualifier, but they get a berth anyways.

Kind of like ASA has been doing for years. Just keep banging your drum. At least it has distracted your mind from PB for a while

PB,,,YUM>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by BenAround on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenAround

by MavFan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
BenAround wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
BenAround wrote:

ExAcTlY!

Kind of like ASA has been doing for years. Just keep banging your drum. At least it has distracted your mind from PB for a while

But wasn't Premier going to be different? I am a proponent of PGF, my daughter was fortunate enough to play in last year's event, and is qualified to play in this year's event. But to argue that ASA has been awarding ghost berths for years is a weak take.
MavFan

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:11 pm

MavFan wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
BenAround wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
BenAround wrote:

ExAcTlY!

But wasn't Premier going to be different? I am a proponent of PGF, my daughter was fortunate enough to play in last year's event, and is qualified to play in this year's event. But to argue that ASA has been awarding ghost berths for years is a weak take.

Actually it is different. ASA was established. They were the only game in town. Yet, they gave away berths to get their number of teams into the 170 range.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch