Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

14U NJ/Philly qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by BenAround » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:39 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:Actually it is different. ASA was established. They were the only game in town. Yet, they gave away berths to get their number of teams into the 170 range.

OK, got it. The both gave away and did pay/play berths. But asa did it worser so they suck more, but pgf still sux too. 8-)
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 pm

BenAround wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:Actually it is different. ASA was established. They were the only game in town. Yet, they gave away berths to get their number of teams into the 170 range.

OK, got it. The both gave away and did pay/play berths. But asa did it worser so they suck more, but pgf still sux too. 8-)

Actually ASA was good at one point. They gave away berths for the same reasons PGF is, berths allotted to qualifiers for which their were not enough attendees. I never had a problem with that. It was after ASA became the top dog, that they extreme profit taking moved in.

I think PGF should view at benaround as a great thing. When you question them on hotel costs it is a good thing. It should remind PGF that they could follow the same fate as ASA.

I think you should also question them on having tournament hosts that charge parents gate fees, charge parking, will not allow teams to bring water. These tournament hosts, in my opinion are going to move PGF into the extreme profit taking scam that ASA became.

I just disagree on this point. You have teams that have signed up and are willing to travel to a tournament location. They have paid their fees and are willing to play the tournament. But fewer teams sign up than berths. What would you have them do?

Also, it seems things are still working out, especially at 14U, since it is their first year. There are a number of teams signed up for the Oregon qualifier with some traveling. It is interesting that these teams did not sign up to go to philly/nj tournament. They would have a better chance of obtaining a berth.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch