Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF vs. ASA - Round 2

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by anonlooker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:24 am

jmo wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
jmo wrote:
ontheblack wrote:I wasnt casting judgement with the buy a berth. There is an inherent risk with that play. I know a few teams that considered doing it with Florida, but didnt want to gamble that they may actually have to play the game.
Then you shouldn't have put "Buy a Berth" in Bold letters ;)
I didnt. You did. MY BAD!!! :lol: :lol:

My point was that there will be good teams at both in all divisions.
I agree. There will definitely be some very good teams at ASA :D

:lol: :lol: The devil is in the details! :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by AM Softball » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Southpaw729 wrote:I fully get both the economic and location "advantages" of staying at home to play. However I have always felt that part of this whole softball extravaganza we put ourselves through is the experiences and memories our DDs get to keep through the process. Although the aroma of cattle may not be an endearing memory of Midland I think playing on the same fields for PGF in SoCal the girls play friendlies at just won't create the same memories.

We played in 107 degrees in Portland a few years back and, yes, it sucked but my daughter still tells the stories of the tournament and our drive up and back. I just don't think playing in HB would have meant the same to her. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought I'd weigh in.

I don't believe you are the minority and I agree 100%. Experiences shape you, whether good or bad, and it is fun to travel outside of Cali to play. I can remember a ton about Midland, Texas, where my team finished 5th yet don't remember a whole lot about winning a National Championship in CA. The only exciting thing I remember from that Championship week was river rafting up north with my teammates and the funny stories we still share (most of which are off the field).
AM Softball

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch