Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NW Qualifier?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Goldball4 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:40 am

Theres quite a few teams in this years tourney, that could be replaced by other teams. Next year everyone has to qualify, so that will take care of itself. Hopefully your team got in, or maybe not, since you're on here complaining about something you have no clue about!!
Goldball4

by crakitopen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am

Can someone from PGF answer why they ended up giving out 4 berths at the NW Qualifier with only 14 teams in attendance? And why were the same amount of berths given at the So Cal and Nor Cal qualifiers with 37 or more teams each in attendance?
Remember why angels can fly, they take things lightly. :)
crakitopen

by PDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:03 pm

crakitopen wrote:Can someone from PGF answer why they ended up giving out 4 berths at the NW Qualifier with only 14 teams in attendance? And why were the same amount of berths given at the So Cal and Nor Cal qualifiers with 37 or more teams each in attendance?

They only intended to give out 2 berths in 18HS. Rain prevented them from completing the qualifier, so PGF offered berths to every team that wasn't eliminated. How do you think they should have handled it?

Look on the bright side, it would have been 5 berths if OR Thunder had accepted theirs...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crakitopen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:47 pm

PDad,

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I knew there had to be a perfectly good reason why PGF granted those extra team berths. It looks like PGF is doing a great job keeping things as fair as possible. I wouldn't have it any other way. Kudos to PGF!

My next question would be, how did the Central Cal Dirt Dogs get a berth over Sorcerer Blue and LW Firecrackers? The final brackets of the So Cal and Nor Cal qualifiers that the Dirt Dogs attended shows these other two teams should've been given berths before the Dirt Dogs. Can anyone from PGF answer this for me? Thanks in advance.
crakitopen

by Goldball4 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 pm

There was another berth past down to the Nw qualifier. The winner of the Sting, Strikezone game was to be awarded that berth. One coach decided not to finish the game, which Sting was supposedly winning 3 zip. Not everyone that was eliminated was given a berth, absolutely false!
Goldball4

by crakitopen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:26 am

So there was no rain out for the SJ Sting/Strike Zone game. Strike Zone was awarded a berth even though they were eliminated. Extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit.

Central Cal Dirt Dogs received a berth even though they were eliminated before Sorcerer Blue and LW Firecrackers at the So Cal Qualifier. Furthermore, at the Nor Cal Qualifier, it looks like LW Firecrackers put the Dirt Dogs in the loser’s bracket and then beat them again to eliminate them.

Chasing a berth and not getting it is disappointing for any team. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for the young ladies on these more deserving teams to know that they were passed over for a team that they beat out in the order of finish, better yet, a team that they personally eliminated in a qualifier.

The same demon rears its ugly head: extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit. Gary Haning once said that PGF is a “better way of doing things”. How so in this case? Does PGF have an explanation for these young ladies or is this the accepted norm for years to come?
crakitopen

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch