Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier Question

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by anonlooker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

andy wrote:The main reason is because that is what the majority of the travel coaches want. Premeir tries to listen to what the coaches want. Attending the draw is fun. Dogging the other team when they draw lousy is fun. Getting dogged after a draw is fun. Majority of the coaches enjoy attending the draw live.
College coaches will have penty of time to find the schedule and plan their days.

Well, if the majority of travel coaches say so, dogging should certainly take priority over any other considerations.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by anonlooker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:I would think it is for transparency. If all the coaches are present for the draw then there can't be any complaints of stacking the bracket.
A few years back at Gold a majority of the top teams mysteriously all ended up in the same quarter of the bracket.

Statistically speaking, that is bound to happen from time to time.

So the theory was that ASA conspired to have a bunch of the best teams eliminated early? Why would they want that?

If trust is the issue, these days they could always video-conference the draws. Just seems much more practical from all sides.

To get one of the non traditional powerhouse teams to have a shot at winning.

One in particular, or any one? And how does that benefit ASA?, as the final would more likely be a rout, and somewhat embarrassing. It seems to me, anyway.
anonlooker

by anonlooker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Seems Joe took offense and complained to Uno about my normal everyday Oryctolagus cuniculus (and who wouldn't, with a name like that? :lol: ) so I decided it would be best to upgrade.

For clarification, (and a larger photograph!), see Joe's interpretation of BenAround's (seeming) gibberish here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27155&start=180
anonlooker

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am

Why not let it be a blind draw that coaches can attend? That has always worked. I think college coaches are smart enough to walk by the brackets and find the kids they are wanting to watch.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Hearing that Premier is seeding the draw with the top 4 finishers from the previous year... anyone know if that's true? for 18s and 16s?
anonlooker

by jmo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 am

anonlooker wrote:Hearing that Premier is seeding the draw with the top 4 finishers from the previous year... anyone know if that's true? for 18s and 16s?

It is true in the High School Division. Top 4 seeds are separated: 1st and 4th , 2nd and 3rd from last year.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crazy888 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:20 am

Just out of curiosity, how far are the fences set up at Huntington Beach?
Crazy888

by mr softball » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 am

I believe they are at 200'
mr softball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm

jmo wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Hearing that Premier is seeding the draw with the top 4 finishers from the previous year... anyone know if that's true? for 18s and 16s?

It is true in the High School Division. Top 4 seeds are separated: 1st and 4th , 2nd and 3rd from last year.

So this is True.......
TexasYellowBall

by softballdaddy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:28 pm

WE WANT THE SCHEDULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

MONKEYS COULD HAVE FINISHED THE SCHEDULE BY NOW!!!!!!!!!

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
softballdaddy

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch