Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF IS GIVING OUT AT LARGE BERTHS

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dodgerblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 am

I will after next week. Thing is, they are not even a strong team that will make a difference there. It is an 18u team.

Do there initials start with SI? :?
dodgerblue

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 am

Nope, but when I went and looked to see who had accepted bids and who had played states, there were at least 3 (I gave up after that) that had not played states and I know that they didn't travel out of state to play either.
Sftbll4ever

by dodgerblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am

Wow, we had a good showing at State but decided we didn't want to chase. It's who you know.
dodgerblue

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 am

Yeah, but in 18u, pretty much everyone was invited. Thing is, 1 team advertised looking for players before any qualifiers even started and a couple others on the list never tried to qualify as they were chasing Premier.
Sftbll4ever

by dodgerblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 am

I think I just threw up in my mouth when I seen the list. I guess you needed to go 2 and a Q at State to get an invitation. More power to ASA of not wanting to give better teams invitations. And they wonder why teams would rather go to Premier. I was going to throw their names out there but I won't. You can look in "order of finish" after Gold Nationals and you will see these 3 teams at the bottom. :evil:
dodgerblue

by anonlooker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

dodgerblue wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth when I seen the list. I guess you needed to go 2 and a Q at State to get an invitation. More power to ASA of not wanting to give better teams invitations. And they wonder why teams would rather go to Premier. I was going to throw their names out there but I won't. You can look in "order of finish" after Gold Nationals and you will see these 3 teams at the bottom. :evil:

Seems this recent discussion belongs under an ASA Bashing thread... what's it doing in here? This thread is for PGF Love! :mrgreen:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 am

HAHA....it's just to show what a great job ASA is doing by allowing teams that did not even participate in 18U states to get berths to Illinois.
Sftbll4ever

by badcallblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 am

Let's get back to grass roots, it's for the girls still and not Monday morning water cooler conversation at work (or here for that matter).

Hopefully every team, organization and player will represent softball by playing hard having fun and make some memories.
badcallblue

by anonlooker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 am

Filling tournaments is obviously part of the business model. Moreso for ASA, less so for PGF, to the credit of the latter.

I don't have a problem with PGF rounding out their tournament with a few at-large berths. Who wants a bracket loaded with byes? because the number of teams is goofy.

It's not like they are adding 30 or 100 teams at random.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by BenAround » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

anonlooker wrote:Filling tournaments is obviously part of the business model. Moreso for ASA, less so for PGF, to the credit of the latter.

I don't have a problem with PGF rounding out their tournament with a few at-large berths. Who wants a bracket loaded with byes? because the number of teams is goofy.

It's not like they are adding 30 or 100 teams at random.

Above is a prime example of the all too common

"Well ASA doods it and so doods PGF but ASA doods it worserer than PGF so PGF is not as worserer as ASA"

argument.

:lol:
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch