Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF IS GIVING OUT AT LARGE BERTHS

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by sftblldud » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 am

badcallblue wrote:Let's get back to grass roots, it's for the girls still and not Monday morning water cooler conversation at work (or here for that matter).

Hopefully every team, organization and player will represent softball by playing hard having fun and make some memories.

I have come to find out that it is never about the Girl, Boy, or Kids. The moment you realize this then you will get a better understanding of how things work.

It took me until my DD was in 16s to realize this. People somehow when pushed into a corner bring out the "Isn't this supposed to be about the Kids". And now when I hear this I just laugh and walk away.
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 am

BenAround wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Filling tournaments is obviously part of the business model. Moreso for ASA, less so for PGF, to the credit of the latter.

I don't have a problem with PGF rounding out their tournament with a few at-large berths. Who wants a bracket loaded with byes? because the number of teams is goofy.

It's not like they are adding 30 or 100 teams at random.

Above is a prime example of the all too common

"Well ASA doods it and so doods PGF but ASA doods it worserer than PGF so PGF is not as worserer as ASA"

argument.

:lol:

So you are saying filling in a 140 team tournament with 25 teams is the same as filling in a 70 team tournament with 6 berths?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:
BenAround wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Filling tournaments is obviously part of the business model. Moreso for ASA, less so for PGF, to the credit of the latter.

I don't have a problem with PGF rounding out their tournament with a few at-large berths. Who wants a bracket loaded with byes? because the number of teams is goofy.

It's not like they are adding 30 or 100 teams at random.

Above is a prime example of the all too common

"Well ASA doods it and so doods PGF but ASA doods it worserer than PGF so PGF is not as worserer as ASA"

argument.

:lol:

So you are saying filling in a 140 team tournament with 25 teams is the same as filling in a 70 team tournament with 6 berths?

The "act" is the same. The severity is different.

Pay c l o s e attention to
"but ASA doods it worserer than PGF"

That should tell you they do the same thing, just one is worserer.
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by CATWOMAN9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am

heard through the grapevine strikeforce 16 u got a at large berth to ASA and so cal wicked 16 u got an at large berth to PGF I guess its all about money now its not about the girls earning their way to a national tournament
CATWOMAN9999

by badcallblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 am

I am not pushed into a corner, never have been with softball. Just a game that my kid loves too play.

I have met great, loyal friends and worthy opponents in this game so I would'nt call that be backed into a corner.
badcallblue

by dodgerblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

Pays off to work the snack bars.
dodgerblue

by badcallblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 am

Catwoman: And this bother you why?

Did you have to travel to 3 states and get Rapid Rewards Points? Hell if I had to "chase" I'd be pissed too!!!!!
badcallblue

by badcallblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 am

Here's an idea. Have the At-Large berths each year play into the brackets like College Basketball does. That way they can earn their spot throughout the tournament.
badcallblue

by badcallblue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

LMAO, now I remember why I don't post. I type and spell like crap :lol: :lol: :lol:
badcallblue

by sftblldud » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 am

CATWOMAN9999 wrote:heard through the grapevine strikeforce 16 u got a at large berth to ASA and so cal wicked 16 u got an at large berth to PGF I guess its all about money now its not about the girls earning their way to a national tournament

Welcome CatWoMAN0000, coming in hard after a one day membership. Right On.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :o :o :evil: :evil: :evil:
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch