Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF IS GIVING OUT AT LARGE BERTHS

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

Surfside

I guess you must not really know me!! Am I a PGF supporter - Yes!! Do I support ASA - Yes!! I support any game, league, coach, who puts the time in to help girls achieve their dream of being a student-athlete. You have no PRIDE in the game and only want to create drama. I wish your daughter the best of luck wherever she plays!! You, on the other hand, can go climb back under the rock you crawled out from ;)

Teams have a choice of where they want to play, a choice of what they want to spend, and a choice of who they want to play Nationals against. Best of luck to all!!
Last edited by jmo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

ontheblack wrote:AI - I think people are just surprised to see PGF have to give away berths to fill in a 60 team field.

IMO PGF jumped the gun with the 14U invites and increasing the field from the original 48 teams. They didnt need to do that. Im sure they realize that now.

To me 60-70 teams in a national tournament seems about right.

Yeah, east coast is going to take a while to win them over. You can kinda count on the fact that ASA will resist change and the 'ASA system' is setup to extract over 3x as much from teams as PGF. You have to pay 2x as much in flights, 3x as much in hotels and miss 3x as much time from work. To get the glory of going to ASA and playing a weakened field. I say eventually teams do the math and make the smart decision.

Additionally the 'ASA system' really only makes any additional monies if they get in the 140 team range. Johnson City, Midland and others will have to make their profit off of 90 or 100 teams. At that point they have two choices, raise fees and prices or, I believe, you will see them exit the system. They will move onto other goofy sports that allow their voting boards to be taken over by those that only seek to maximize profit from families. At that point ASA and Premier can and should start to work together.

For me, PGF vs ASA is like Apple vs Microsoft. Right now they both seem to be making each other better, and that is great for the sport.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bruisedshin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

I know they gave bids to at least one team that got rained out up in the 16U NW qualifier
bruisedshin

by You don't say » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

CATWOMAN9999 wrote:I CANT BELIEVE PGF IS GIVING AT LARGE BERTHS I THOUGHT TEAMS NEEDED TO EARN THEIR WAY TO A PREMIER NATIONAL DOES ANYONE KNOW THE COST TO OBTAINING A BERTH!!!!

it must have been more than your team could afford
You don't say

by killerbee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Play golf with one of the board members, you'll get yours.
In our territory, we had a premier director(also Org manager) give a team a PGF berth in exchange for others Gold berth... so he could send his 2nd team to ASA. :?
killerbee

by BenAround » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 pm

killerbee wrote:Play golf with one of the board members, you'll get yours.
In our territory, we had a premier director(also Org manager) give a team a PGF berth in exchange for others Gold berth... so he could send his 2nd team to ASA. :?

name names puto
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by sftblldud » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

BenAround wrote:

name names puto

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puto
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

by MavFan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Spazsdad wrote:

That would be an interesting coup since you have to have a roster turned in at your qualifier and that roster has to show up at the National tournament

For crying out loud. I agree with you Spazdad. The lengths some will go to make PGF look bad. Believe me there is plenty to pile on without making up your own.
MavFan

by CATWOMAN9999 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 pm

IS IT REALLY ABOUT GOLF BUDDIES? HOW DO THEY DETERMINE WHO GETS AN AT LARGE BERTH TO PGF IS IT BY WHO YOU KNOW OR WHO YOU _ _ _W? :o
CATWOMAN9999

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm

CATWOMAN9999 wrote:IS IT REALLY ABOUT GOLF BUDDIES? HOW DO THEY DETERMINE WHO GETS AN AT LARGE BERTH TO PGF IS IT BY WHO YOU KNOW OR WHO YOU _ _ _W? :o

The ProASA folks seem to be winning the most potty mouth competition. It has been over 15 years since I have seen anything intelligent written in ALL CAPS.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch