Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Opening Ceremonies

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by mercyrule777 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 pm

CheckWriter wrote:My suggestion would be for Gary to let some of the girls on his team pick the music, not whoever picked a Beach Boys cover band. While not a hip hop fan personally, my guess is that a DJ would have been better received by the girls.

Other than that, wasn't bad. Still better than walking in to Hall of Fame Stadium.

JMO

I 100% agree with this statement!!! :lol:
mercyrule777

by AM Softball » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm

mercyrule777 wrote:I would like coaches and parents to ask their kids what they thought about "PGF Opening Ceremonies"

I asked my team (and we stayed til the very end when they were cleaning up) and a few other players from other teams what they thought...I think the fact that when the final act ended, there were maybe 10 teams left out of 198, was a big hint. The crowds weren't an issue at all for us. I personally got dropped off so the parking wasn't too big of a problem for me either but other parents had issues.

They agreed with the music complaints. They can use radio versions of "their" music and the girls would have had a blast. One of my kids exact quotes was, "I would have had more fun if they just put the radio on power 106 over the speakers." That music change would have made the total difference.

The beach was nice, weather was pretty awesome, of course, and our kids had fun going out to the water afterwards and just being teenagers. Leah O was an awesome speaker and she is such a sweetheart; she took pictures, let them take pics with her 3 gold medals, and talked with the girls. That was cool to have her there.

My daughter said to me, and this is just advice for next year, that her favorite Nationals was in 12u Illinois, two years ago, at the college football stadium. They gave the girls popcorn, a free drink, they took their team picture on the field after they announced the names (so they felt like superstars on a red carpet) and they like being down on the field in front of a "football size crowd." It was at night so it wasn't hot. They had a magic act that was pretty cool too and they played their types of music. I think it's 100% about the music for them.
AM Softball

by jmo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

anonlooker wrote:Is that because your game is still in the bottom of the 1st inning? according to pointstreak, it's one of about a dozen still ongoing here at almost 8pm. :lol

It has been deleted. Learning curve first thing in the morning getting the right teams input. We also had some difficulty with the free substitution in pool play. :oops: :cry: ;)
It can be tough to get the right team when there are so many Angels, Firecrackers and Batbusters teams in several of the divisions :roll: :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SayWhat? » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Where do you find the links or access to the "live game trackers"? Cannot find anything on the PGF website.
SayWhat?

by SoCalMgr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 am

SayWhat? wrote:Where do you find the links or access to the "live game trackers"? Cannot find anything on the PGF website.

Click the Championship from the left menu, now click Times Fields & Rules tab, that will lead you to Live Score Updates.

Steve
SoCalMgr

by RlCldH2O » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

If only they would have stopped the traffic long enough to let all the girls walk across the street to the beach at the same time I would have had no complaints. Sending over 2 teams at a time really stretched things out. By the time we walked across and headed to the concert we passed teams leaving.
RlCldH2O

by tai2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 am

our view from the stands, still had 40 teams that had not made it in yet
Attachments
GetAttachment-7.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment-7.aspx.jpeg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help. -Hank Aaron
tai2000

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch