Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 2011 - Review and Discussion

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:07 pm

J Fierce wrote:
Battle wrote:
J Fierce wrote:
Battle wrote:I would travel as well and the weather will not have anything to do with it. I have to ask though, do you really think that PGF 16u was stronger than ASA 16u in 2011?

Hands down!...IMHO

How do you come to that conclusion? I know you said IMHO, but what drives your opinion? Keep in mind that I have seen Glory Naudin play many times, being from North Texas, and I have also seen the best at ASA Nats this year. Also seeing HOF in OKC where the top team had a rough time keeping up with the top TEAMS at ASA Nats.

Hands down?... Really?

Well TNL won ASA 16u and many of the top teams at premier 16u are/were equal or better than TNL based on what I saw this season. Some examples are Batbusters Meyers, Firecrackers Blanco, Corona Angels Tyson, Cal Lite Newton, Renegades Fox, and So Cal Athletics Smith. That said, i'm not familiar with most teams outside of Cali that were at ASA so maybe not hands down but i'm still going with Premier.

LOL...OK...Fair enough.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by dirtlover » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am

The ASA crowd, I love all you guys calling So Cal elitists. Not wanting to travel, complaining about location, etc. Now you are asking for subsidies? What do you bring that would make us want to help you get here? Better competition? What percentage of the top teams in any division already reside in the west? 50, 60, 70%? So Cal families have been traveling every year to all corners of the country to play ASA only to play weak teams for most of the week before getting to the real games Friday or Saturday. When was the last time we did not have to travel to some 100 degree 95% humidity destination for our girls to play? It's always some little town with not much to do but play ball and with 1 game a day that makes for a lot of time with little to do. Now that there is a choice that is taking hold and attracting a large majority of the top level teams you want to call it Western Nats. Please, before asking for freebies to get your elite team here why don't you do what we have been doing forever and jump on a plane and see how you fair out west. Oh, and leave your bug spray at home but don't forget your sweatshirt.
Happy to play PGF
dirtlover

by Battle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 pm

dirtlover wrote:The ASA crowd, I love all you guys calling So Cal elitists. Not wanting to travel, complaining about location, etc. Now you are asking for subsidies? What do you bring that would make us want to help you get here? Better competition? What percentage of the top teams in any division already reside in the west? 50, 60, 70%? So Cal families have been traveling every year to all corners of the country to play ASA only to play weak teams for most of the week before getting to the real games Friday or Saturday. When was the last time we did not have to travel to some 100 degree 95% humidity destination for our girls to play? It's always some little town with not much to do but play ball and with 1 game a day that makes for a lot of time with little to do. Now that there is a choice that is taking hold and attracting a large majority of the top level teams you want to call it Western Nats. Please, before asking for freebies to get your elite team here why don't you do what we have been doing forever and jump on a plane and see how you fair out west. Oh, and leave your bug spray at home but don't forget your sweatshirt.
Happy to play PGF

LMAO....Who is complaining about travel and location? I can show you post after post of PGF people complaining about travel and location...not to mention weather. Hell, that's why PGF was started in the first place IMO...I do agree with you on subsidies...Pay your own way or don't go. If you wanted the best competition in 16u, it was ASA this year and will probably be again next year. Enjoy your 2011 PGF because this will probably be the best year you will have.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 am

Spaz

I would travel to SoCal and I believe I've already told you that. I don't care about traveling to Socal for a state tourny though. You guys can stay there and play that. If ASA holds their Nats there and we qualify, I'll be there. Now that's all I've got to say to you for now...I wouldn't won't you to be accussed of teaching a pig to dance.
Battle

by ontheblack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 am

Battle, calling it a state tourney just makes you sound stupid.
ontheblack

by sofbal1234 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:56 am

Okay Battle, you SAY you would come here but not everyone is willing to spend what we do time after time to journey around the country year after year! Usually via air travel! The way I see it is, everyone in the country figures, 'oh their from California, they're wealthy so let them do all the long distance traveling, they can afford it'... Tourneys back east are usually a hop, skip and a jump (2-3 hours in a vehicle) for the majority of ya'll... A bit selfish if you ask me!!! Besides, why should we have to do the most traveling when the MAJORITY of the best teams in the country are from here! Just sayin!
sofbal1234

by Battle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 pm

ontheblack wrote:Battle, calling it a state tourney just makes you sound stupid.

PGF is Cali formed, Cali based, Cali run, and the majority of teams are from Cali in all ages...yeah, I'm way off base. Now “state tourny” might be a bit eccentric but you are not a dumb person (judging from your past posts). You know what I mean by that.

sofbal1234 wrote:Okay Battle, you SAY you would come here but not everyone is willing to spend what we do time after time to journey around the country year after year! Usually via air travel! The way I see it is, everyone in the country figures, 'oh their from California, they're wealthy so let them do all the long distance traveling, they can afford it'... Tourneys back east are usually a hop, skip and a jump (2-3 hours in a vehicle) for the majority of ya'll... A bit selfish if you ask me!!! Besides, why should we have to do the most traveling when the MAJORITY of the best teams in the country are from here! Just sayin!

I don't just SAY, I would travel if the USA Nats are held there but they weren't this year for our age group. They were in TN. As I said before, I don't think anybody should subsidize anybody including you for ASA Nats in the years past.
Battle

by NumeroUno » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 pm

What was the percentage of California teams in PGF compared to the percentage of California teams in ASA 3 years ago. Gold and HS
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by MavFan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 am

sofbal1234 wrote:Okay Battle, you SAY you would come here but not everyone is willing to spend what we do time after time to journey around the country year after year! Usually via air travel! The way I see it is, everyone in the country figures, 'oh their from California, they're wealthy so let them do all the long distance traveling, they can afford it'... Tourneys back east are usually a hop, skip and a jump (2-3 hours in a vehicle) for the majority of ya'll... A bit selfish if you ask me!!! Besides, why should we have to do the most traveling when the MAJORITY of the best teams in the country are from here! Just sayin!

What are you talking about? Posts like this actually add credibility to Battle's point. So you come across as, we have done this for years, so its your turn now. When in fact a majority of the country have long trips to nationals, regardless to where the tournament is located.

Contrary to your believe, most people around the country don't really care how much money Californians have, what you can afford or how you spend it. We all spend money to travel. However, I agree that costs do, and will continue to, factor into the equation when chosing which national to attend.

Lastly, the attitude of a majority of the best teams are from there so you come to us, will drive more teams away than it will attract and after a while, it will be a state tournament..just sayin!
MavFan

by MavFan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:10 am

NumeroUno wrote:What was the percentage of California teams in PGF compared to the percentage of California teams in ASA 3 years ago. Gold and HS

ASA

2007 - 33% from California
2008 - 28%
2009 - 25%
2010 - 25%
2011 - 25%

PGF

2010 - 49% from California
2011 - 40%
MavFan

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch