Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 2011 - Review and Discussion

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by sofbal1234 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Battle wrote:
ontheblack wrote:First time we havnt had to travel to Hellhole USA and now the SoCal teams have to subsidize those who havent had to do what we have had to do for ever?

Keep playing ASA.

You are not the only ones that have to travel...oh wait a minute...I forgot...You are the good teams and shouldn't have to travel...My bad.

The Hellhole USA that you describe is just another day on the field for some teams. So what? Don't play ASA. Who cares? We will keep playing ASA and you keep playing your Western Nats...AKA...PGF.
ASA 16U was great and will be next year and years to come. Don't subsidize anything. Just means more teams from the East for ASA. Travel expense means just as much to them as it does to the Cali PGF supporters so can't blame you for that. Keep it real in Cali huh? I applaud your honesty as well...MAIN DRIVING FORCE=TRAVEL EXPENSE...not competition.

How about something i've heard or read recently... In the winners back yard the following season!!! ALL DIVISION'S!!!! Get ready to travel to the west!!! :o
sofbal1234

by PDad » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:10 pm

ontheblack wrote:I hope they dont move 14u up a week with 10 and 12u.

They haven't decided on 10u. Quite frankly, there isn't much of a market for 10u - only 17 teams at SoCal State and 31 teams at ASA/USA Nats (8 from Cal) this year. Hardly seems worthwhile...

14u teams will probably get to choose between playing in the PGF Junior Championships or Sioux Falls, SD. :lol:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Battle wrote:

MAIN DRIVING FORCE=TRAVEL EXPENSE...not competition. :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:36 pm

jmo wrote:
Battle wrote:

PGF MAIN DRIVING FORCE=TRAVEL EXPENSE...not competition. :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

I take it by the question marks/eye rolls you either don't understand or don't want to understand so I fixed it. It use to be the competition or it was before Nats. Western posters seem to be promoting PGF with travel expense more so than competition. What happened?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jmo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Battle wrote:
jmo wrote:
Battle wrote:

PGF MAIN DRIVING FORCE=TRAVEL EXPENSE...not competition. :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

I take it by the question marks/eye rolls you either don't understand or don't want to understand so I fixed it. It use to be the competition or it was before Nats. Western posters seem to be promoting PGF with travel expense more so than competition. What happened?

I guess my point would be that the best competition has been at PGF for the most part...especially for 2011 Nationals - whether you want to call it Western Nationals, etc. I traveled all across the country for ASA Nationals for years and still would but I prefer to play against the majority of the best competition in the country and PGF offers the best competition in the country. Of course, I will take So Cal weather any day of the week for a National Championship tourney over Oklahoma City, Midland, Chattanooga, Owensboro, etc. :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:23 pm

jmo wrote:I guess my point would be that the best competition has been at PGF for the most part...especially for 2011 Nationals - whether you want to call it Western Nationals, etc. I traveled all across the country for ASA Nationals for years and still would but I prefer to play against the majority of the best competition in the country and PGF offers the best competition in the country. Of course, I will take So Cal weather any day of the week for a National Championship tourney over Oklahoma City, Midland, Chattanooga, Owensboro, etc. :D

I would travel as well and the weather will not have anything to do with it. I have to ask though, do you really think that PGF 16u was stronger than ASA 16u in 2011?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by J Fierce » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Battle wrote:
jmo wrote:I guess my point would be that the best competition has been at PGF for the most part...especially for 2011 Nationals - whether you want to call it Western Nationals, etc. I traveled all across the country for ASA Nationals for years and still would but I prefer to play against the majority of the best competition in the country and PGF offers the best competition in the country. Of course, I will take So Cal weather any day of the week for a National Championship tourney over Oklahoma City, Midland, Chattanooga, Owensboro, etc. :D

I would travel as well and the weather will not have anything to do with it. I have to ask though, do you really think that PGF 16u was stronger than ASA 16u in 2011?

Hands down!...IMHO
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by Battle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 pm

J Fierce wrote:
Battle wrote:I would travel as well and the weather will not have anything to do with it. I have to ask though, do you really think that PGF 16u was stronger than ASA 16u in 2011?

Hands down!...IMHO

How do you come to that conclusion? I know you said IMHO, but what drives your opinion? Keep in mind that I have seen Glory Naudin play many times, being from North Texas, and I have also seen the best at ASA Nats this year. Also seeing HOF in OKC where the top team had a rough time keeping up with the top TEAMS at ASA Nats.

Hands down?... Really?
Battle

by jmo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Battle wrote:

I guess I am speaking more to the High School/Gold division. The 16U in PGF was very strong but then again, ASA had the Southern Force teams and quite a few other top teams. Many strong teams from the Mid-West played ASA this year. They have some very strong teams as many of them usually roster older players - still 16 age eligible. Now with that being said, a So Cal team ended up winning in Chattanooga too. Not sure where that TNL team stacked up in the So Cal 16U teams as they played 18's for most of the year. I think the top 14U teams were at PGF as, in the past history, So Cal usually dominates at that age group. Gaining the top 14U and 16U teams from across the country is still a big challenge for PGF...no doubt.
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J Fierce » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Battle wrote:
J Fierce wrote:
Battle wrote:I would travel as well and the weather will not have anything to do with it. I have to ask though, do you really think that PGF 16u was stronger than ASA 16u in 2011?

Hands down!...IMHO

How do you come to that conclusion? I know you said IMHO, but what drives your opinion? Keep in mind that I have seen Glory Naudin play many times, being from North Texas, and I have also seen the best at ASA Nats this year. Also seeing HOF in OKC where the top team had a rough time keeping up with the top TEAMS at ASA Nats.

Hands down?... Really?

Well TNL won ASA 16u and many of the top teams at premier 16u are/were equal or better than TNL based on what I saw this season. Some examples are Batbusters Meyers, Firecrackers Blanco, Corona Angels Tyson, Cal Lite Newton, Renegades Fox, and So Cal Athletics Smith. That said, i'm not familiar with most teams outside of Cali that were at ASA so maybe not hands down but i'm still going with Premier.
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch