Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Non-Payment of Player Fee's

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Iluvblue » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 pm

and does this happen with ALL socal teams? and if a team didnt do this, what has/or will happen?
Iluvblue

by OSD » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:40 pm

genbender69 wrote:ASA/IFA have procedures in place to help PROTECT Organizations. PGF Does not. A certain team that a player went to was made aware of the player not paying the player fee. This is what was stated...Well we are not an ASA Team anymore we are a PGF team so there really isnt anything you can do since PGF has nothing in place to enforce re-sticking a player. So basically if you want to screw over an ASA Organization or Team in the fall I say go to a team and promise to make payments and walk away to go over to a PGF "team" since they (PGF) wont do anything about it or do the right thing. Yes knowone likes to have to go down this road but sometimes you dont have a choice.

ASA/PGF are not the debt collectors of travel softball and should not be asked to waste their time on these issues. Here's a novel idea for you team manager's, once a player owes your team more than $200(or some other nominal amount) she sits the bench until she is made current. If you choose to let her play anyway because she is your star pitcher/catcher/whatever then that's a choice you make and your problem to deal with. Don't look for someone else or some organization to take care of something you let get out of hand.
Last edited by OSD on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
OSD
Premium Member
Premium Member

by superfan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:27 pm

A player only becomes $2,000 deliquent if the team allows it. Why not enforce all dues must be current or DD sits on the bench or is cut from the team for repeat offenders?
superfan

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Iluvblue wrote:and does this happen with ALL socal teams? and if a team didnt do this, what has/or will happen?

Nothing happens, that was my point. They may actually try to take a team from someone.

Again, they better be careful and have some good documentation. The problem is that it would be easy for a targeted coach to show 100's of SoCal teams that do not even hand out end of the year accounting. This happens so much, it would be easy to argue that operating a team in this fashion is the norm. That coach can also show that most other orgs, the rest of the country ASA, and even SoCal slow pitch teams operate without end of the year accounting report requirement.

Selective application of a rule like this is not going to fly. For instance, trying to apply this rule only when a parent complains about a coach. If they want to apply this rule they better be showing some indication that they know a lot of teams follow the rule.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by triplecrown » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 pm

This is about the lamest OP as I have ever read on HB. Do you not think for a second that this (players not paying fees and jumping ship to another team), has been going on for YEARS before PGF or ANY other org. has come around.

DO us all a favor and if PGF is doing such a poor job of managing other peoples problems, maybe just maybe keep your kid home (boycott), IF and when your kids team qualifies for PGF Nationals, yea right, this thread makes about as much sense as going to Texas for a national in August...
Last edited by triplecrown on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplecrown

by SEEBUCKET » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Simple...You don't pay, you don' play! Easy solution! That's how we do it on our club volleyball team. Seems to work for us all.
SEEBUCKET

by absdad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 pm

genbender69 wrote:ASA and IFA can Block a player from playing in any ASA or IFA sanctioned tournaments until the player fee in question is paid.

If you think about it.. you just answered your own question.

genbender69 wrote:This was my point PGF does not have this in place. My statement of PGF doing the right thing since it doesn't have anything in place.

PGF did the right thing, and left the part of collecting team fees to the TEAMS. Why the hell would PGF want to get their nose in that business. The failure, is by the coach of the team. That is the only person responsible. The coach chose to continue letting the player play, and letting the player slide.

genbender69 wrote: So the Organization is left 2000+ in the hole because a player didn't pay up and went to a team that only plays PGF tournaments so nothing could be done. The new Org just had to do this with a player last year She was banned in ASA and IFA but got to go play PGF Nationals 18Gold in 2010 because why? PGF has nothing in place, so again another Org out 2000+ because there was no enforcement on the PGF Side. The right thing to do for PGF is to Support an Org that has had a player not pay a player fee other wise I see this becoming an issue.

Really... do you want PGF dictating what goes on in ASA? How about USSSA enforcing rules in Pony? C'mon... seriously.
absdad

by anonlooker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Heybucket should enforce the rules! :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by i seek the truth » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:23 pm

anonlooker wrote:What if you flip this around... players pay fees upfront based on representations made by the team (tournaments to enter, equipment to buy, etc)... the team doesn't enter that many tourneys, doesn't purchase the equipment, etc...

ASA requires a post-season accounting, but what if team doesn't provide this to the players?

What recourse would the families have if there was clearly more team funds collected than team funds spent? What if the coach disbands the team without accounting for the excess funds?

Does ASA provide any remedy against the coach and / or organization?

I completely agree... Coaches that tell families/players that a certain amount will cover lets say for example 12 tournaments, and they only play 8, and THEN at national time ask each family/player for more money. What if you ask a coach about where funds were spent. This team held fundraising events... And no one ever gets an answer. Just some rude remark about it being "MY" orginization and "I" can do whatever the hell I want with the money I bring in. Plus, to top it off... the coach or organization in question claims they have no tax id. Is this legal? Where can one find out the rules pertaining to an organization with no tax id number?
i seek the truth

by jmo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:23 pm

absdad wrote:
genbender69 wrote:ASA and IFA can Block a player from playing in any ASA or IFA sanctioned tournaments until the player fee in question is paid.

If you think about it.. you just answered your own question.

genbender69 wrote:This was my point PGF does not have this in place. My statement of PGF doing the right thing since it doesn't have anything in place.

PGF did the right thing, and left the part of collecting team fees to the TEAMS. Why the hell would PGF want to get their nose in that business. The failure, is by the coach of the team. That is the only person responsible. The coach chose to continue letting the player play, and letting the player slide.

genbender69 wrote: So the Organization is left 2000+ in the hole because a player didn't pay up and went to a team that only plays PGF tournaments so nothing could be done. The new Org just had to do this with a player last year She was banned in ASA and IFA but got to go play PGF Nationals 18Gold in 2010 because why? PGF has nothing in place, so again another Org out 2000+ because there was no enforcement on the PGF Side. The right thing to do for PGF is to Support an Org that has had a player not pay a player fee other wise I see this becoming an issue.

Really... do you want PGF dictating what goes on in ASA? How about USSSA enforcing rules in Pony? C'mon... seriously.

If a player was playing on a PGF team and left their team still owing dues, and they go play ASA, nothing happens. ASA does not care whether a player left PGF, USSSA, or whatever organization owing money, they will not enforce it either.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch