Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier High School Division

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dodgerblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 am

Not sure if I read this correct but I thought only the top 11-12 will get returning berths. The website shows 12 and then below it shows another 18 teams invited. Is this correct? I thought the invites were for 2 years then after that everyone has to qualify except the top 11-12?
dodgerblue

by dodgerblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 am

I read that part, originally "they" being directors of PGF said that they will do invites the 1st 2 years then after that it becomes a earn a berth by qualifying or placing in the top 10. So they're doing a 3rd year with invites? Some of those invited teams didn't even place in the top 25.
dodgerblue

by ontheblack » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 am

dodgerblue wrote:I read that part, originally "they" being directors of PGF said that they will do invites the 1st 2 years then after that it becomes a earn a berth by qualifying or placing in the top 10. So they're doing a 3rd year with invites? Some of those invited teams didn't even place in the top 25.

Invites in every division.
ontheblack

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

The PGF Board of Directors would like to congratulate all teams that have either received a returning berth or have been invited to this year’s event.
Please read the attachment carefully and take note of the deadline dates to accept your invitation to this prestigious event.
To register for this event, please go to the PGF website and click on the blue tab labeled “2012 National 14u, 16u, 18HS Championship”. You will then be able to log on and obtain your official entry form. Your $750 deposit must be accompanied with your entry form.
The PGF will be launching a state-of-the-art, age verification/insurance program within the next few days. Age verification will now be done electronically and there is no longer a need for birth certificates and school ID cards. This insurance policy will cover your team no matter what organization your team participates in. More exciting news coming soon!!
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by dodgerblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 am

So they're doing invites every year. They should've stated that to begin with, we should qualify the old fashioned way but some teams always have it easy regardless of earning it. I'm glad we'll be done with TB softball this coming year it's things like this that upsets me about the sport. Why the need to invite teams? I'm sure the tournament will be a success without invites. Just my opinion no need to PM me.
dodgerblue

by cyberman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 am

The Premier Girls Fastpitch way of suddenly changing their minds and now inviting teams to Nationals who did not finish high enough in 2011, needs to be addressed.

Without why which team was picked- can we get an explanation from the powers that be,why there is a change?

After which I am sure there will be discussion on who was picked.

Thanks
cyberman

by softballmafia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:48 am

All I could say is WOW.....This is from their site:

1) 18HS Division - 1st Place thru 9th Place finishes, from the previous years PGF National Championship. Since this would include ties it would mean a total of twelve (12) maximum berths from this age division.

So JMO what is the explanation now since your always quick to explain?
softballmafia

by cyberman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 pm

"All I could say is WOW.....This is from their site:"

"1) 18HS Division - 1st Place thru 9th Place finishes, from the previous years PGF National Championship. Since this would include ties it would mean a total of twelve (12) maximum berths from this age division."

Please a response as to why this change in policy

Thanks again
cyberman

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Personally, I liked invites and never understood why everyone thought they should be for 2 years. As long as you are doing everything you can to ensure you have the strongest tournament.

Looks like PGF is using invites to get strong GA, TX and FL teams to come to the tournament. That seems smart.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Invited Teams: Texas Impact Gold, Wichita Mustangs, NW Bullets, Cal Grapettes, Jersey INtensity, East Cobb Bullets, Team North Florida, Sorcerers, Minors Gold, Victory USA, Tulsa Eagles, So Cal Pumas, Georgia Elite, So Cal Breakers, California Cruisers, Irvine Sting, Gold Coast Hurricanes, Southern Force
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch