Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Meeting??

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by LETHAL WEAPON 25 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Have they already had the meeting where they discuss any potential rule changes? Hate to keep beating the same horse, but was wondering what they decided on pitching distance for 14U. I need to finalize our schedule but some of it is dependent on where we are going to try to play Nationals. Would love to head west for once (been to Florida 3 times now), but not for a 40' tournament.
LETHAL WEAPON 25

by LETHAL WEAPON 25 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok, well that went well. 5 days no response. I guess maybe you guys just want it to be a California only party..... Guess it's back to PCB. Oh well, it was fun last time.
Thanks Anyway.
LETHAL WEAPON 25

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:55 pm

don't give up mother raised no quitter. :D JMO u out there, help a brother out
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:53 pm

JMO justed called me and told me that PGF 12U will pitch at 40' :)
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jmo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

NumeroUno wrote:JMO justed called me and told me that PGF 12U will pitch at 40' :)

14U at 40' also :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 pm

sorry I meant 14U :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jmo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 pm

LETHAL WEAPON 25 wrote:Have they already had the meeting where they discuss any potential rule changes? Hate to keep beating the same horse, but was wondering what they decided on pitching distance for 14U. I need to finalize our schedule but some of it is dependent on where we are going to try to play Nationals. Would love to head west for once (been to Florida 3 times now), but not for a 40' tournament.

LETHAL WEAPON 25
Would love to have you come out west for once. I can guarantee you the college coaches do not care if 14U is 40' or 43', they will still show up in droves. It would be well worth it to attend PGF Nationals. :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Lethal Weapon 25 Please, Please, Please come to sunny Southern California with your pedigree :mrgreen: ....for your DD's sake ...for our sake to compete against the heartland of America :lol: ! cuz they'll love it here ! :D :D :D

Just leave the metal spikes @ home :( ...practice at 40 feet :idea: :cry: ...bring bathing suits for the ocean, plan on spending time in the greatest metropolitan city in the world...Los Angeles...& know that jmo is totally correct :)
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

jmo wrote:
LETHAL WEAPON 25 wrote:Have they already had the meeting where they discuss any potential rule changes? Hate to keep beating the same horse, but was wondering what they decided on pitching distance for 14U. I need to finalize our schedule but some of it is dependent on where we are going to try to play Nationals. Would love to head west for once (been to Florida 3 times now), but not for a 40'

LETHAL WEAPON 25
Would love to have you come out west for once. I can guarantee you the college coaches do not care if 14U is 40' or 43', they will still show up in droves. It would be well worth it to attend PGF Nationals. :D

Aww be nice and send the guy an invite! :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by LETHAL WEAPON 25 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
LETHAL WEAPON 25 wrote:Ok, well that went well. 5 days no response. I guess maybe you guys just want it to be a California only party..... Guess it's back to PCB. Oh well, it was fun last time.
Thanks Anyway.

You want some cheese to go with that whine?
Personally I don't understand the angst created by 14u pitching at 40'. Is it really such a big deal that one more year at 40' is going to ruin your kids softball future? We played 14u ASA Nationals at 40' and every kid still got recruited off that team. Didn't seem to hurt them.

Wow. Nice response, Is this the type hospitality that out of town teams can expect from our friends out west?
So let me get this straight Spaz, You think that I should not worry about the 40' even though where we are from THEY DONT PLAY 40' in 14's. Even the ASA tournaments use park rules and throw from 43'. So Im really supposed to have my kids play 43' all year then spend 5 grand a family come to California and switch to 40' for 1 tournament??? Uhhhmmm, Im thinking that just doesnt make much sense. I know, I know.....Good teams should be able to adjust and yada yada, and I DO have enough enough confidence in my kids to believe that we would adjust well enough to be competitive, but there is no way ANYONE could think that we would be at our best. Im smart enough to know the caliber of play in California and know that we would need to be at our best AND catch a few breaks along the way. We'll just wait a year and it wont be an issue anymore. Meanwhile, we'll go somewhere and play a 43' World Series and maybe catch up to you guys next year.
LETHAL WEAPON 25

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch