Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Why are so few berths being given at PGF Qualifiers?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by 1prouddad » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:53 am

Just curious why so few berths are being given at PGF?
Most qualifiers are giving out only 2 berths? Maybe 3? So Cal hot bed area - only 4?
I agree, ASA giving out 12 is too many, but to go to a qualifier and only have 2 berths available?
Last year, most qualifiers were giving 4 and So Cal gave 6. In the end, they still had spots they had to give away - so why the reduction in berths now?
Last edited by 1prouddad on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1prouddad

by wichita » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:30 am

1prouddad wrote:Just curious why so few berths are being given at PGF?
Most qualifiers are giving out only 2 berths? Maybe 3? So Cal hot bed area - only 4?
I agree, ASA giving out 12 is too many, but to go to a qualifier and only have 2 berths available?
Last year, most qualifiers were giving 4 and So Cal gave 6. In the end, they still had spots they had to give away - so why the reduction in berths now?

Well this is just my opinion and I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure except for the people at PGF..... But IMO the reason for so few berths is that the Premier nationals is a southern california based tournament so most of the southern california teams will want to go to it. Therefor there not giving out many berths so they will be able to give more invites to the so cal teams that dont qualify on there own. I mean you have to remember how would it look if you gave all the berths away and some of the better so cal teams didn't make it because of having a bad weekend and didn't qualify. PGF wouldn't look very good to their so cal brothers. There's only I believe around 10 berths in california and less than that in AZ. So you have a 64 team national tournament that is going to have 90% or better so cal teams in attendance and its called a national tournament? I just think to be awarded a berth in a national tournament you should have to earn your spot not be handed a get out of jail free card if you happen to not qualify.
Going....going.....gone......
wichita

by jmo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 pm

2011 HS Division
37 out of 67 from out of state

2011 16U Division
26 out of 64 from out of state.

2011 14U Division
15 out of 42 from out of state.

Not sure where you get 90%.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:22 pm

jmo wrote:2011 HS Division
37 out of 67 from out of state

2011 16U Division
26 out of 64 from out of state.

2011 14U Division
15 out of 42 from out of state.

Not sure where you get 90%.

JMO, you seem to be the HB resident rep for PGF. Can you please jump on the SS# thread and let us know where the PGF powers-that-be stand on that?

Thanks
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 1prouddad » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 pm

JMO,
Is the reason for so few berths being awarded due to the number of invites?
1prouddad

by Fifteen's » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 pm

1prouddad wrote:JMO,
Is the reason for so few berths being awarded due to the number of invites?

That is more along the lines of what I am thinking...
Fifteen's

by Battle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
wichita wrote:Well this is just my opinion and I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure except for the people at PGF..... But IMO the reason for so few berths is that the Premier nationals is a southern california based tournament so most of the southern california teams will want to go to it. Therefor there not giving out many berths so they will be able to give more invites to the so cal teams that dont qualify on there own. I mean you have to remember how would it look if you gave all the berths away and some of the better so cal teams didn't make it because of having a bad weekend and didn't qualify. PGF wouldn't look very good to their so cal brothers. There's only I believe around 10 berths in california and less than that in AZ. So you have a 64 team national tournament that is going to have 90% or better so cal teams in attendance and its called a national tournament?

FYI out of the 29 teams that are registered so far for PGF in the HS division only 11 are from SoCal, 4 are from NorCal, 14 are from other states
I haven't taken a math class in a while but i don't think that is 90%
Last year 22 out of 67 teams were from SoCal. So there again your contention of it being just for SoCal teams does not hold up.

When you add in the other age groups, my math says that 50+ % comes from one state versus all the other states. That's not including the surrounding states. Am I correct?
If PGF wants more western teams in their national, that's their right but tell it like it is.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by ontheblack » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
wichita wrote:Well this is just my opinion and I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure except for the people at PGF..... But IMO the reason for so few berths is that the Premier nationals is a southern california based tournament so most of the southern california teams will want to go to it. Therefor there not giving out many berths so they will be able to give more invites to the so cal teams that dont qualify on there own. I mean you have to remember how would it look if you gave all the berths away and some of the better so cal teams didn't make it because of having a bad weekend and didn't qualify. PGF wouldn't look very good to their so cal brothers. There's only I believe around 10 berths in california and less than that in AZ. So you have a 64 team national tournament that is going to have 90% or better so cal teams in attendance and its called a national tournament?

FYI out of the 29 teams that are registered so far for PGF in the HS division only 11 are from SoCal, 4 are from NorCal, 14 are from other states
I haven't taken a math class in a while but i don't think that is 90%
Last year 22 out of 67 teams were from SoCal. So there again your contention of it being just for SoCal teams does not hold up.

When you add in the other age groups, my math says that 50+ % comes from one state versus all the other states. That's not including the surrounding states. Am I correct?
If PGF wants more western teams in their national, that's their right but tell it like it is.

I hope you are not a defense attorney. Your arguments are so weak your clients would all fry.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Battle,
I see you edited your post so my responses regarding location and size have no context now.

"Oh that Battle...whatta gull-a-bull...what an ignoramous...what a nin-cow-poop!"
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:21 pm

"...what an im-bess-le......what an ultra maroon!"
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch