Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Time for PGF to Give Texas Qualifier to Glory in Dallas

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by 93players » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm

PGF Management,

Check out the Texas posts about the conditions in Houston.

1. TD runs an elite round robin in same complex giving them elite fields (not PGF)
2. Fields used by PGF teams are substandard and not maintained during tourney.
3. Overcrowding causes terrible parking problems.
4. Non pgf fields cause late games and 8 am games for winners and losers. And facilities are not responding to need for food and drink for the late games.
5. PGF is not being treated with same respect in Houston as it deserves.

If you want the elite Texas teams to play PGF, these problems need to be addressed. I have no affiliation with Glory, but every tourney we played in that was run by Glory was first class.
93players

by J O E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 am

Sniffle...
J O E

by Bleacher Creature » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:05 am

Lots of parking behind the church.
Only had 2 games not @ main 4 plex
Attachments
Cry Baby.jpg
Cry Baby.jpg (2.13 KiB) Viewed 5333 times
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 am

LOL funny thing is Glory-Shelton was one of the teams playing in the round robin.

Additionally, Glory does run the North Texas qualifier in July. Better luck to your team there.
CULater

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Stating the truth is not crying about anything. The church parking lot was not opened in the morning on Saturday. If you were playing the late games, then you know the food and water was gone along with the workers.

The last round of games on Saturday began at 10pm and the winner had to be back to play at 8am. When they the close the food and water before 8pm then stopping for food was unavoidable. That makes you arrive at the hotel around 1am.

Fields were crap as always because the TD is lazy.....93 is saying the Glory runs a good tournament. They had nothing to do with this tournament and were only playing in the round robin. So why not just give them both or just change locations and give it to another team. Austin, San Antonio, DFW, and Houston have better fields and better TD's then what you get at collins park. Plano and Houston are not that far away, traveling 3 hours is the norm.

Open your eyes PGF, it is not crying, we just want a good product.
TexasYellowBall

by Bleacher Creature » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:36 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:Stating the truth is not crying about anything. The church parking lot was not opened in the morning on Saturday. If you were playing the late games, then you know the food and water was gone along with the workers.

The last round of games on Saturday began at 10pm and the winner had to be back to play at 8am. When they the close the food and water before 8pm then stopping for food was unavoidable. That makes you arrive at the hotel around 1am.

Fields were crap as always because the TD is lazy.....93 is saying the Glory runs a good tournament. They had nothing to do with this tournament and were only playing in the round robin. So why not just give them both or just change locations and give it to another team. Austin, San Antonio, DFW, and Houston have better fields and better TD's then what you get at collins park. Plano and Houston are not that far away, traveling 3 hours is the norm.

Lady,
It was not that bad.... I to got home @ 12:45 . Then back up the next A.M.

Not too much diff than the others I have been to in DFW or Cen Tex
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Bleacher Creature wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:Stating the truth is not crying about anything. The church parking lot was not opened in the morning on Saturday. If you were playing the late games, then you know the food and water was gone along with the workers.

Lady,
It was not that bad.... I to got home @ 12:45 . Then back up the next A.M.

Not too much diff than the others I have been to in DFW or Cen Tex

Lets just agree to disagree.......everyone has their own opinion.
TexasYellowBall

by freetacos » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

It's simple really. The TD at Collins park dosen't give about the girls or the teams, just the money baby. He quit caring years ago when he realized he could use softball to make a buck. Dude dosen't even have a kid. Just likes to be around other peoples daughters. He quit putting up temporary fencing years ago on the slow pitch fields. A hard hit gapper can go for miles. I wasn't there this weekend so if temp fencing was up then I'll eat my hat. My bet is no. Softball on grass infields is not too bad...lol
As long as people keep handing the $ he will gladly take it from you.

Just say no and maybe the ass will get a clue and leave. 20+ years of gouging should be enough for anyone. Hey SKGSL how about some new blood already. BTW he is not the only one that won't leave.

ft
freetacos

by fastpitchforever » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:06 pm

We started our final Saturday night game at 11:00 pm, finished at 12:45 am, in bed by 2:30 am, back up at 6 am, warming up at 8:30 am. Sounds a lot like a 12U tournament more than 18U. But to have Impact Gold/ Texas Glory using the main fields for a round robin while the PGF crowd is sent to the back with a crappy schedule is true BS. Tells us 2 things, 1) top teams no longer support PGF, 2) ASA has nothing to worry about.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Temp fences were up on the back fields and the grass infields have been gone for a while now.
CULater

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch